The BNA SEQ Weekend Warriors

elantra

Re: The BNA SEQ Weekend Warriors

Postby elantra » Thu May 15, 2014 10:32 am

GeoffInBrisbane wrote:Ok, rescheduling sounds good. I can't do 24th/25th...
At a rough guess i would say that i am more likely to be able to participate on Sunday June 1st. also.
Much as i would prefer to be out there this Sunday, there are other (boring) things happening this sunday which i should not dodge...

P.S. Don't make it for June 8th - thats when Ldrcycles plans to chase the train all the way from Warwick to Goondiwindi (AFAIRecall) :shock:

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Thu May 15, 2014 2:50 pm

I'm also unavailable later in June having committed to Rapha Gentlemen's Race & MS Brissie 2 Bay ride.
So the 1st June works for me.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Thu May 15, 2014 10:07 pm

elantra wrote:
GeoffInBrisbane wrote:Ok, rescheduling sounds good. I can't do 24th/25th...
At a rough guess i would say that i am more likely to be able to participate on Sunday June 1st. also.
Much as i would prefer to be out there this Sunday, there are other (boring) things happening this sunday which i should not dodge...

P.S. Don't make it for June 8th - thats when Ldrcycles plans to chase the train all the way from Warwick to Goondiwindi (AFAIRecall) :shock:
That's the one (assuming it goes ahead according to plan, need to double check with SDSR tomorrow). Fingers crossed for something other than a headwind, wouldn't be particularly enjoyable for 200kms on a 5spd :) .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri May 16, 2014 12:42 am

June 1 shall be the new date. I'll be doing the Rapha Gentlemens race aswell, a club century ride and 2 road races in June which limits the days I can choose from as well. I can do the 1st but I'll be doing a road race the day before so I might catch the train to Ipswich to keep the legs somewhat.... fresh for the ride. Those legs will be hurting heading up Mt French that's for sure..... might have to throw on a compact or something haha :P :P

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri May 16, 2014 7:40 am

am in!

albertgaleano

Postby albertgaleano » Fri May 16, 2014 3:59 pm

Guys June 1st doesn't work for me, have a Road Race at Mt Alford :(

elantra

Postby elantra » Fri May 16, 2014 5:52 pm

albertgaleano wrote:Guys June 1st doesn't work for me, have a Road Race at Mt Alford :(
Thats interesting caus Mt Alford is on the route that we are taking too.

Will be just like at the Giro, we can stand in our lycras like a big bunch of galahs and watch the peleton go past.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri May 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Hahahaha! I bet we'll set the faster strava times :)

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat May 17, 2014 6:12 am

Lukeyboy wrote:Hahahaha! I bet we'll set the faster strava times :)
you? not me

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed May 21, 2014 11:27 pm

jasonc wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:Hahahaha! I bet we'll set the faster strava times :)
you? not me
I'll be backing up from a road race the day before so I'll give it a good shot :P

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed May 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Role call guys for this Sundays ride. Ipswich-Mt Alford-Mt French-Boonah-Ipswich. It's a gentlemans ride so the pace will be nice and easy - we're not there for an A grade race at threshold all day. The climbs up Mt Alford and Mt French are at your own pace so if you want to hammer it then go for it/want to take it easy then you take it easy. We'll regroup at the top and then continue on as a group. There is a cycling road race on at Mt Alford (won't affect our ride due to different courses) so more than likely there will be food/snacks/drinks on offer there if you want something extra besides water/snacks you brought along. If you don't feel like climbing up Mt French you can continue on to Boonah (the turnoff for mt french is about 1-1.5km south from the centre of Boonah). Breaky/brunch?/lunch :P is at Boonah. We might grab some snaps from the hill overlooking Boonah/Mt French and the valley after lunch before we then continue on back to Ipswich.

The ride will start after the first train arrives at Ipswich from Brisbane so catching the train to the start is an ideal option. If you have the legs you can ride to the start (I got a road race on the day before so I won't be organising a ride from brisbane to Ipswich). Or you can drive and park somewhere near or around Ipswich. I'll be catching the train to the start as I have a road race the day before, doing the ride and then riding back to Brisbane if the legs are still keen.

GeoffInBrisbane

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Thu May 29, 2014 11:10 am

Assuming the weather is reasonable I'm in. Be gentle with me... :oops:
Veloviewer

MS-DOS Phone. For when you want it done right.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu May 29, 2014 11:25 am

still in. so that's 3. not enough for 200kms. i have a ride option for saturday if sunday doesn't have (enough) numbers and you could come along geoffrey.

elantra

Postby elantra » Thu May 29, 2014 11:45 am

Me + another bloke will be driving to Harrisville and wait for you there.
He rides carbon Avanti or Bianchi, i will be riding Alum Fondriest or steel Repco.
Maybe even another bloke too, who is a Cannondale rider.
We will park our car there and return to vehicle on the way back, this will give us a ride of approx 100 km.
We plan to be at Harrisville by 7am, please inform if you think that is not early enough.
If the weather is seriously bad then we won't be there but a few showers wont stop us.
We are 25-30 km/hr average speed riders

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Thu May 29, 2014 2:57 pm

A very tentative maybe from me, fingers crossed :) .

GeoffInBrisbane

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Thu May 29, 2014 3:26 pm

elantra wrote:Me + another bloke will be driving to Harrisville and wait for you there.
He rides carbon Avanti or Bianchi, i will be riding Alum Fondriest or steel Repco.
We will park our car there and return to vehicle on the way back, this will give us a ride of approx 100 km.
We plan to be at Harrisville by 7am, please inform if you think that is not early enough.
If the weather is seriously bad then we won't be there but a few showers wont stop us.
I thought about starting in Harrisville too (my inlaws live there) but I think I'd like to do the whole thing from Ippy if I can (I may end up regretting this decision). If you were trying to decide on which bike, pick the most comfortable - plenty of coarse chip out there!

Luke what time are you planning to start in Ippy? I'm gonna drive out I think- don't fancy riding home or stinking up the train...
Veloviewer

MS-DOS Phone. For when you want it done right.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu May 29, 2014 7:18 pm

GeoffInBrisbane wrote:
elantra wrote:Me + another bloke will be driving to Harrisville and wait for you there.
I thought about starting in Harrisville too (my inlaws live there) but I think I'd like to do the whole thing from Ippy if I can (I may end up regretting this decision). If you were trying to decide on which bike, pick the most comfortable - plenty of coarse chip out there!

Luke what time are you planning to start in Ippy? I'm gonna drive out I think- don't fancy riding home or stinking up the train...
Geoff. I'll be training it

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu May 29, 2014 9:38 pm

@Geoff. I got a handicap race the day before so I'll be going slowly :P Starts at 5.30am from Ipswich. I'll give it till Friday arvo (so other weekend plans and rides can still be made) to let any late runners say yes or no otherwise I'll have to postpone it again till later in the year. It's really a ride where you need numbers to really make it worth wild considering the distance involved and the weather outlook.

Am I right to assume its looking like 3 yes, 4 maybe, 5 confirmed no and about 10 no replies?

elantra

Postby elantra » Fri May 30, 2014 12:17 am

Luke - currently looks like there will be 3 starting in Harrisville and 3 starting in Ipswich.
+Ldrcycles also makes 7.
Weather forecast is cloudy with moderate temperatures and light winds.
Not bad for the first day of winter.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri May 30, 2014 12:25 am

Sweet.

Dimma, are you still keen on the ride?

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Fri May 30, 2014 10:20 am

Mate I intend to be there but still not feeling 100% after getting collected last wk.
I'll let you know before hand what I'm doing.

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Fri May 30, 2014 11:04 pm

i'll certainly try to make it then. will most likely start with elantra and co for the century.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri May 30, 2014 11:47 pm

Understandable Dimma.

Look out Metros. The BNA Hardcore Supersmash Fest Crew is coming to Mt Alford :P Providing I don't wipe out big time during tomorrows road race or fall asleep on the train there I'll see everyone on Sunday at some point for a nice easy paced ride to Mt Alford/Mt French/Boonah and back. I'll be sporting my usual Pink Floyd kit and be either on a all black or black and white bike.

I'll send out a PM with my details if anyone needs to get in contact with me.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sat May 31, 2014 7:05 am

I'm out, my dad just pointed out last night that the drive to Goondiwindi next weekend is getting on for 1000km round trip, stretches the fuel budget a bit :) .

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat May 31, 2014 8:00 am

bugger ldr

just asked on pelofy, what train are we getting?