2014 Giro d'Italia

DavidS

Re: 2014 Giro d'Italia

Postby DavidS » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:20 pm

Great race, pity about the spectators.

Yes, they need more security. But I think more importantly the fans need to get a grip and take responsibility for behaving reasonably. For a start, not interfering with the race would be a start. I am constantly exasperated by the fans jumping in front of the cyclists and often playing to the TV cameras. Do they think this event is about them? If so, they are wrong, it is about the cyclists and they need to nick off if they are unwilling to let the bike race go on without interference.

That moron who pushed Biorgorno looked upset at the outcome, but upset in such a way that he seemed to think the outcome had nothing to do with his actions. He turned up again shortly later doing similar things. He should be banned from being withing 100KMs of a bike race.

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

PomBike

Postby PomBike » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:21 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:Image
He just don't like his glasses.

clackers

Postby clackers » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Somewhere there must be the clip of Contador giving the spectator the look away punch a couple of Tours back.

But to the positives, well done Mick on the monstrous stage win, especially after his mechanical.

Marx

Postby Marx » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:40 pm

Enjoyed every bit. Even the last day.
-----------------------
A bike and a place to ride.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:01 pm

clackers wrote:Somewhere there must be the clip of Contador giving the spectator the look away punch a couple of Tours back.
Do you mean this one ?
Anything you can do, I can do slower

elantra

Postby elantra » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Marx wrote:Enjoyed every bit. Even the last day.
Totally agree.
For me the highlight was Mick Rogers amazing win on Zoncolan.
Yesterday i was struggling up a mountain in SE Qld and got off to walk when the gradient reached 20%
I could only think of those guys on that stage, after almost 3 weeks of long stages, how unimaginably tough it would be. :)

clackers

Postby clackers » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:14 pm

find_bruce wrote:
clackers wrote:Somewhere there must be the clip of Contador giving the spectator the look away punch a couple of Tours back.
Do you mean this one ?
Thank you, Bruce, you're a king among men for finding that!

GAV!N

Postby GAV!N » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:58 am

DavidS wrote:Great race, pity about the spectators.

Yes, they need more security. But I think more importantly the fans need to get a grip and take responsibility for behaving reasonably. For a start, not interfering with the race would be a start. I am constantly exasperated by the fans jumping in front of the cyclists and often playing to the TV cameras. Do they think this event is about them? If so, they are wrong, it is about the cyclists and they need to nick off if they are unwilling to let the bike race go on without interference.

That moron who pushed Biorgorno looked upset at the outcome, but upset in such a way that he seemed to think the outcome had nothing to do with his actions. He turned up again shortly later doing similar things. He should be banned from being withing 100KMs of a bike race.

DS
Agreed. I don't understand how these people who seem to be such fanatical fans of the sport and the cyclists, can do things as ridiculous as they do! No one should be touching or pushing the riders, but to push the way that guy pushed Biorgorno clearly shows he has no idea of what it's like to actually ride a bike! Let along the other morons who think it's a good idea to run along side, centimetres from the face of someone on their limit after climbing over 1000m... It's so disappointing that among the thousands of people standing along side the road, a few idiots can impact the race so easily...and constantly! It's not one stage here or there. Every mountain stage, there is bound to be morons. These people should arrested and charged :evil:

Other than that it was a good Giro! Plenty of action and drama, and extremely successful for Australia. Rogers winning stage 20 was a real surprise. I was expecting a GC battle to impact stage honours.

So...can we expect the Tour to be as exciting??? I'm thinking not, but I'm hoping Contador, Nibali and Valverde at least can give Froome a run for his money and give us some excitement! They're all in great form this year

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:51 pm

GAV!N wrote:Agreed. I don't understand how these people who seem to be such fanatical fans of the sport and the cyclists, can do things as ridiculous as they do! No one should be touching or pushing the riders, but to push the way that guy pushed Biorgorno clearly shows he has no idea of what it's like to actually ride a bike! Let along the other morons who think it's a good idea to run along side, centimetres from the face of someone on their limit after climbing over 1000m...
I guess some riders on the Giro at least don't seem to have to many issues with it all including Adam Hansen .... The riders playing along are shown from around the 2:36 mark.

Andrew

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:33 pm

Aushiker wrote:I guess some riders on the Giro at least don't seem to have to many issues with it all including Adam Hansen .... The riders playing along are shown from around the 2:36 mark.
Andrew
Adam Hansen gets paid to ride a bike and carry water bottles in all of the grand tours. If he was wearing pink or going for a stage win, it would be a different story.
Camera on a stick guy is a narcissistic goose.