M7 Safety Alert Thread

rudeboy

Re: M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby rudeboy » Wed May 21, 2014 8:37 pm

Quakers Hill LAC has several closed groups on facebook that are local eyewatch groups that deal with these sort of things.
Maybe some regular users of the Bike Path could join the relevant group to report these types of things on one of the sites.
JOIN YOUR LOCAL EYEWATCH GROUP TODAY!!!!

Quakers Hill Police are looking for interested community minded people to our established Eyewatch Groups. (closed Facebook Groups)

This invites people living or working in Quakers Hill LAC to join. These groups will involve up to date information in relation to crime related issues in Quakers Hill LAC, persons wanted for offences, community topics of interest and crime prevention posts.

Local police will engage the community to participate in decision making about policing their community.

Members of these closed group will be able to facilitate this group along with the local police.

Once the group has appropriate numbers, each group will hold online NHW meetings a couple of times per year where members will be able to be involved or just observe from the comfort of their lounge room chair.

https://www.facebook.com/QuakersHillLAC ... 5496630143" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

leximack

Postby leximack » Wed May 21, 2014 9:38 pm

Anne-Marie@M7 wrote:Hi Everyone

Thanks for your continued updates regarding this issue. It is certainly one that we are taking seriously.

I have been previously been in discussions with our contact at NSW Police but since then, I have discussed this issue with Quakers Hill Police Station Crime Prevention Officer, and have left a message for the Crime Prevention Officer at Mount Druitt Police Station.

Our Shared Path Team Leader and his crew will be out there every day they are on shift to assess the area and clean up any debris.

Once I hear back from either police station regarding their next steps, I will update the forum again. The initial feedback was that Quakers Hill would add it to their task lists but I am awaiting confirmation of this.

Please stay safe, and as you have been doing, please spread the word regarding this issue to your friends that may use the shared path in this area for cycling or walking.

Kind regards,

Anne-Marie@M7
amitchell@westlinkm7.com.au
thanks Anne-Marie, we love the cycleway and most of us ride it 2 or 3 or more times a week, its good to know that the issues that happen occasionally are taken seriously and not swept under the rug.
Let us know if we can help in anyway or if you need more info from us.

Don

leximack

Postby leximack » Wed May 21, 2014 9:39 pm

i rode the cycleway tonight between 6 and 8ish.
All clear but i had my bodyguard (aka The Spizzanator :lol: ) just incase :D :D

eon

Postby eon » Thu May 22, 2014 9:08 am

leximack wrote:i rode the cycleway tonight between 6 and 8ish.
saw on the Knagazilla Community page that they were hanging around at the end of the underpass at about 08:30pm last night

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu May 22, 2014 9:40 am

I worry what they'll do next when they get fed up with trees and trolleys. :roll:

eon

Postby eon » Thu May 22, 2014 10:41 am

g-boaf wrote:I worry what they'll do next when they get fed up with trees and trolleys. :roll:
they used to put duct tape and steel wires across the path
you'd hope these new generation of turds don't go to that.
rudeboy wrote:Quakers Hill LAC has several closed groups on facebook that are local eyewatch groups that deal with these sort of things.
Have actually sent details to MT Druitt LAC facebook, the night it happened - but no response at all. =(

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Thu May 22, 2014 12:14 pm

Xplora wrote:They have no right to privacy if the images are taken in a public place. Posting the images and asking if anyone knows them is not a legal issue.
Yes, but their presence at the crime scene is not evidence that they were responsible, so you need to be careful about an implication they were.

There is probably an army of legal aid funded lawyers making a living of funding the defence of these twits - bet it's not the first trouble they've been in.

Cheers
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

li2099

Postby li2099 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:19 pm

eon wrote:
leximack wrote:i rode the cycleway tonight between 6 and 8ish.
saw on the Knagazilla Community page that they were hanging around at the end of the underpass at about 08:30pm last night
Sorry what's the Knagazilla Community?

rudeboy

Postby rudeboy » Thu May 22, 2014 1:31 pm

eon wrote:Have actually sent details to MT Druitt LAC facebook, the night it happened - but no response at all. =(
the Eyewatch groups are separate to the normal LAC facebook pages and you are required to fill in an application to join allowing greater discussion and monitoring.

eon

Postby eon » Thu May 22, 2014 3:37 pm

li2099 wrote:Sorry what's the Knagazilla Community?
Kangazilla is a Bikeshop at Norwest and they have a Facebook community page.
Members of the group are regular riders of the M7 path, and i noticed someone commented that the kids were hangin about at about 830 last night.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Thu May 22, 2014 4:30 pm

wombatK wrote:
Xplora wrote:They have no right to privacy if the images are taken in a public place. Posting the images and asking if anyone knows them is not a legal issue.
Yes, but their presence at the crime scene is not evidence that they were responsible, so you need to be careful about an implication they were.
Certainly wombat, I mean I could imply all I want, but we're asking the knobs to speak to the police, nothing else. Cops appeal to speak to people all the time when they are present at a crime. Witnesses, crims, accessories after the fact :x :x

li2099

Postby li2099 » Thu May 22, 2014 4:55 pm

eon wrote:
li2099 wrote:Sorry what's the Knagazilla Community?
Kangazilla is a Bikeshop at Norwest and they have a Facebook community page.
Members of the group are regular riders of the M7 path, and i noticed someone commented that the kids were hangin about at about 830 last night.
Ah ok.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri May 23, 2014 9:27 pm

Any troubles early morning? I will be going through there tomorrow.

Dazz

Postby Dazz » Fri May 23, 2014 9:47 pm

Went through twice this week in the morning. About 6:30 through that section this morning and all clear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rogan

Postby rogan » Sat May 24, 2014 8:18 pm

Morning should be safer. Whilst there's no guarantees, anecdotal evidence suggests the idle youth are more active in the afternoon and evening...

leximack

Postby leximack » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:32 pm

today approx 3.30pm was past by 2 bogans riding a quad bike, they came out of the Kings Park entry/exit (the one down from sunnyholt road when heading south), it was a really wide one, seemed to be wider than usual and took up 3/4 width of the cycleway, i got onto the grass for my own self preservation, it was moving really quick (i estimate about 60-70km/h), was really hooning along. Good thing it was freakin loud so could hear it from along way away. If you see it i suggest giving it a very wide berth. Be safe :D

Don

li2099

Postby li2099 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:24 pm

leximack wrote:today approx 3.30pm was past by 2 bogans riding a quad bike, they came out of the Kings Park entry/exit (the one down from sunnyholt road when heading south), it was a really wide one, seemed to be wider than usual and took up 3/4 width of the cycleway, i got onto the grass for my own self preservation, it was moving really quick (i estimate about 60-70km/h), was really hooning along. Good thing it was freakin loud so could hear it from along way away. If you see it i suggest giving it a very wide berth. Be safe :D

Don
Thanks for the heads up.

HLC

Postby HLC » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:45 pm

Ugh, what a pack of little a55 holes.

I ride evenings on the M7 with my GF, and that area has always been pretty houso. Normally broken glass everywhere, last weekend in the afternoon when i rolled through solo there were a couple of cars smoking it up in the street on the west side of the under/overpass.

I don't mind confronting the little sh its solo, but wouldn't do so with my partner. We will most likely give night rides a miss for a while. I'll have to start getting her up at 5am with me now.

Reminds me, a couple of weeks back, a couple of little punks were near there and went to jump out at me as a rode past.... little turd hesitated and jumped back as a went past at 40+...

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:27 pm

HLC wrote:Ugh, what a pack of little a55 holes.

I ride evenings on the M7 with my GF, and that area has always been pretty houso. Normally broken glass everywhere, last weekend in the afternoon when i rolled through solo there were a couple of cars smoking it up in the street on the west side of the under/overpass.

I don't mind confronting the little sh its solo, but wouldn't do so with my partner. We will most likely give night rides a miss for a while. I'll have to start getting her up at 5am with me now.

Reminds me, a couple of weeks back, a couple of little punks were near there and went to jump out at me as a rode past.... little turd hesitated and jumped back as a went past at 40+...
They've been quiet for a while. I've been on there a few nights and nothing there.

tez001

Postby tez001 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:38 am

Just after Florence st heading south it appears there has been relatively fresh paint splashed on the path

wombata

Postby wombata » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:47 pm

tez001 wrote:Just after Florence st heading south it appears there has been relatively fresh paint splashed on the path
Thanks for this but sadly too late. And I am sorry to say that "appears" and "splashed" do not accurately convey the degree of the issue here.

There were two places where a complete strip of paint about two inches wide and perhaps 5-10mm deep was poured across the entire width of the path - one strip was gray, the other white. Anyone riding through either of those strips will have considerable amounts of paint on their tyres, wheels, brake calipers, under topside of forks, lower face of front tube and general splashes. I have it in many places on my bike and while I am pretty pissed I feel sorry for people who lead their lives with this type of thinking giving them kicks. General graffiti was on the sound barriers nearby and on the path itself.

By the time we rode back, someone had found enough dirt to place over the paint, thankfully. Spoiled a lovely morning I am afraid to say.

Anyone with any brilliant ideas to get it off? Looks like it is acrylic.

Regards

Greg

tez001

Postby tez001 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi Greg

By the time I went through alot of others had already been through. Forgot to note down the tag / name on the sound barrier.
You could try the usual turps, thinners, metho although be sure to try it on a small spot first.

Bug and tar remover perhaps?

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:13 pm

Fortunately people were there calling out the impending doom when I went through there.

I carried my bike through the painted areas. I'd love to find the guys that did this and shove their head in a bucket of paint.

Some other people who had already gone through there were not so lucky - I saw people off to the side trying to clean the paint off their frames. :(

The offending bucket of paint was emptied out just in case they decided to come back and try to create more harm.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:53 pm

Has the M7 admin been informed? Perhaps they have CCTV footage to provide the police? What absolute scumbags. :evil:

tez001

Postby tez001 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:54 pm

The bucket was there? Should call the coppers although I don't know if they will do anything with it.