THAT Facebook page, about rego...

wellington_street

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby wellington_street » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:17 pm

:lol:

rpmspinman

Postby rpmspinman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:44 pm

brades68 wrote:A parody page is up - pretty funny stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drivers- ... 71?fref=nf

NOTE: Make sure your sarcasm detector is switched on to 11!
That page is classic. My sarcasm detector is going nuts. So funny, but so true. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2011 Kona Dew Plus (commuter)
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 (road)
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

Johnny_Monkey

Postby Johnny_Monkey » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:13 pm

I was banned from posting for a couple of weeks but I am now unbanned. It might be that FB only allows a certain number of people to be banned per page. Anyway, the majority of the interlocutors on the page have very poor grammar and think abuse is arguing. It really is depressing that there are such ignorant people driving on the roads.

I would suggest that if anyone wishes to post there they do not get sucked in to posting personal abuse but argue in a calm and rational manner. The chances of rego for bikes happening is nil.

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:30 pm

brades68 wrote:A parody page is up - pretty funny stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drivers- ... 71?fref=nf

NOTE: Make sure your sarcasm detector is switched on to 11!
That's a brilliant page! I was reading it the other day and spotted immediately that it is a cycling advocate page. I wonder if all the "likers" realise that?
<removed by request>

skull

Postby skull » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:33 pm

Johnny_Monkey wrote:
I would suggest that if anyone wishes to post there they do not get sucked in to posting personal abuse but argue in a calm and rational manner.
Or don't even bother.

It isn't an argument if your arguing with a brick wall.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

silentC

Postby silentC » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:57 pm

Yes in my experience, social media is not the place to have a rational debate. And commenting on that Facebook page is a bit like walking into a bikie club wearing a temperance union t-shirt :)
"If your next bike does not have disc brakes, the bike after that certainly will"
- Me

17sjs

Postby 17sjs » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Johnny_Monkey wrote: I would suggest that if anyone wishes to post there they do not get sucked in to posting personal abuse but argue in a calm and rational manner.
I'd actually request that nobody post there, at all. Let them enjoy patting each other on the back and keep them under their rock.

Facebook effectively works like this: the more you post on a page, the more your friends see that you're posting. So every time you type, you expand their reach.

Starve them of attention and they'll fade into the irrelevance they all so richly deserve.

After all, if they were really as popular as they thought, they wouldn't have had a like farming group add 8k likes literally overnight. More than a little amusing that their demographic reads as predominantly 18-24yr olds from Istanbul...

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:16 pm

silentC wrote:Yes in my experience, social media is not the place to have a rational debate. And commenting on that Facebook page is a bit like walking into a bikie club wearing a temperance union t-shirt :)
I walked into a seedy pub in country Western Australia wearing full "lycra". I got some odd looks but no trouble. Not a lot of cyclists around those parts.
<removed by request>

silentC

Postby silentC » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:26 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of going in there and trying to convince them that they should give up alcohol :)

But I went to a motorbike show behind the local pub a couple of years ago. I was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of a push bike and the words 'Zero Emissions'. All these hairy bikers there and it took a lady selling raffle tickets to say "you're game wearing that here".
"If your next bike does not have disc brakes, the bike after that certainly will"
- Me

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:46 pm

silentC wrote:But I went to a motorbike show behind the local pub a couple of years ago. I was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of a push bike and the words 'Zero Emissions'. All these hairy bikers there and it took a lady selling raffle tickets to say "you're game wearing that here".
"Does dad know?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

yugyug

Postby yugyug » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:01 pm

17sjs wrote:
Johnny_Monkey wrote: Facebook effectively works like this: the more you post on a page, the more your friends see that you're posting. So every time you type, you expand their reach.
Well you can post, and then hide your comment or post from your feed. And thats probably a smart thing to do for that reason.

That click farm thing is hilarious.

Johnny_Monkey

Postby Johnny_Monkey » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:34 am

casual_cyclist wrote: That's a brilliant page! I was reading it the other day and spotted immediately that it is a cycling advocate page. I wonder if all the "likers" realise that?
If you look at the owners personal FB page, his name is Jai Christensen, you will see no evidence of cycling likes and lots of redneck likes.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:32 am

Johnny_Monkey wrote:
casual_cyclist wrote: That's a brilliant page! I was reading it the other day and spotted immediately that it is a cycling advocate page. I wonder if all the "likers" realise that?
If you look at the owners personal FB page, his name is Jai Christensen, you will see no evidence of cycling likes and lots of redneck likes.
Are you sure you're looking at the satirical page?

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:32 am

Johnny_Monkey wrote:
Johnny there are two different pages, a satire one and Jai Christensen's one. Big difference between the two.

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:54 pm

InTheWoods wrote:
Johnny_Monkey wrote:
Johnny there are two different pages, a satire one and Jai Christensen's one. Big difference between the two.
I was referring to the satire one... which I found very amusing. I haven't seen the "other one" so I can't comment on that.
<removed by request>

cp123

Postby cp123 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:00 am

Hey Ox - not sure if you know - but you're the target of the week on that dumbnut page... DRFOB on FB.

why oh why did I look..... sigh...

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:20 am

cp123 wrote:Hey Ox - not sure if you know - but you're the target of the week on that dumbnut page... DRFOB on FB.

why oh why did I look..... sigh...
I thought the admin of that page had reformed his ways??? :roll:

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:39 am

The Axis of Evil- North Korea, Iran and Oxford :lol: .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia