The BNA SEQ Weekend Warriors

GeoffInBrisbane

Re: The BNA SEQ Weekend Warriors

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:22 pm

Yeah I think going out for extra long rides two weekends in a row would not be a good move. Extremely bad for marital harmony...
Veloviewer

MS-DOS Phone. For when you want it done right.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Haha. I was joking about monday anyway.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:25 pm

phew. give me a couple of week to build up the brownie points

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:32 pm

jasonc wrote:phew. give me a couple of week to build up the brownie points
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:34 pm

If all else fails.....

Smithstreet

Postby Smithstreet » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:17 pm

ldrcycles wrote:
jasonc wrote:phew. give me a couple of week to build up the brownie points
You don't need three plates each for pizza!! :shock:

Robgr

Postby Robgr » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:54 am

Hi all,

I am keen to tag along next time. I would have come along last weekend but I was racing at Mt Alford.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:00 pm

It would have been a perfect warm up ride to be honest :P

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:43 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:It would have been a perfect warm up ride to be honest :P
nut bad

as long as the same rules apply in regards to pace, I'll be in again (if I have the brownie points)

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:57 pm

Ok i'm heading for Brisneyland again :) . Planning on doing the full climb to Best of All lookout from Mudgeeraba on sunday (and then maybe returning around the northern end of Hinze Dam unless someone has another suggestion?) then on monday heading out to Esk to do a ~100mile loop up Esk-Hampton Rd (http://www.strava.com/segments/615159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) then back through Murphys Creek and Gatton. And then if i have any legs left at all on the way home i'll nip up to Kilcoy and have a crack at the climb up to Jimna (http://www.strava.com/segments/3176603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:31 pm

jasonc wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:It would have been a perfect warm up ride to be honest :P
nut bad

as long as the same rules apply in regards to pace, I'll be in again (if I have the brownie points)
That's the good thing about Gentlemans rides. Its about enjoying the ride rather than a smashfest. Well, you can still have a smashfest up the climbs but look how many times we stopped for photos and admired the scenery. Good thing we didn't end up in a ditch on the side of the road like that Hyundai did :P
ldrcycles wrote:Ok i'm heading for Brisneyland again :) . Planning on doing the full climb to Best of All lookout from Mudgeeraba on sunday (and then maybe returning around the northern end of Hinze Dam unless someone has another suggestion?) then on monday heading out to Esk to do a ~100mile loop up Esk-Hampton Rd (http://www.strava.com/segments/615159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) then back through Murphys Creek and Gatton. And then if i have any legs left at all on the way home i'll nip up to Kilcoy and have a crack at the climb up to Jimna (http://www.strava.com/segments/3176603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).
This Sunday???....

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:09 am

Lukeyboy wrote:Good thing we didn't end up in a ditch on the side of the road like that Hyundai did :P
I still don't know how the F@#$ did the hyundai end up down there?

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:29 am

ldrcycles wrote:Ok i'm heading for Brisneyland again :) . Planning on doing the full climb to Best of All lookout from Mudgeeraba on sunday (and then maybe returning around the northern end of Hinze Dam unless someone has another suggestion?) then on monday heading out to Esk to do a ~100mile loop up Esk-Hampton Rd (http://www.strava.com/segments/615159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) then back through Murphys Creek and Gatton. And then if i have any legs left at all on the way home i'll nip up to Kilcoy and have a crack at the climb up to Jimna (http://www.strava.com/segments/3176603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).
Re BOA for Sunday this is the much easier option so gets my vote, if you want to hurt yourself do it reverse going up the Goat Track

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:46 am

Lukeyboy wrote:
This Sunday???....
Sorry should have been more specific, this sunday is the plan. I've just lined up a job interview on thursday though so if that goes well i might have to work anyway, fingers crossed.

Dimma wrote:
Re BOA for Sunday this is the much easier option so gets my vote, if you want to hurt yourself do it reverse going up the Goat Track
Goat Track?

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:43 pm

Sorry Pine Creek Road, connects Nerang-Murwillumbah to Springbrook Rd.
I assumed you were going to go home that way after BOA lookout.
Let me know if you want a link to the Strava activity.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:15 pm

I thought that must have been it, i couldn't see any other roads going up there. The intention is to park at Firth Park at Mudgeeraba and start from there, i'm happy to just ride up to the top and back but smithstreet expressed an interest and he has a thing for adding more and more and more to every ride :lol: .

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:28 pm

ldrcycles wrote:I thought that must have been it, i couldn't see any other roads going up there. The intention is to park at Firth Park at Mudgeeraba and start from there, i'm happy to just ride up to the top and back but smithstreet expressed an interest and he has a thing for adding more and more and more to every ride :lol: .
So something like this but cut back to Robina earlier via Worongary Rd or if ur feeling great The Panorama
http://www.strava.com/activities/91283076" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Smithstreet

Postby Smithstreet » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:34 pm

What about this?
It's a tick over a Gran Fondo, so nothing tooo humungous.
http://www.strava.com/routes/448487" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Earlier start the better.

I haven't done the Panorama before but have heard about it's 'awesomeness', so it's about time I had a crack.
Even if you guys don't want to do BB, I'll probably head that way anyway. Seems a shame to spend an hour in the car (each way), to not make it a 'fullish' day.*

* Disclaimer: Sounds like reasonable logic at the moment, but come Sunday, the plan could turn to poo.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:40 pm

jasonc wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:Good thing we didn't end up in a ditch on the side of the road like that Hyundai did :P
I still don't know how the F@#$ did the hyundai end up down there?
Who knows what actually happened but there was minimal damage done to the front. More than likely they were distracted somehow... maybe a cow on the road and swerved to avoid hitting it up ended up off the road on some very soft and wet grass missing all the road side signage and slid nice and slowly into its current spot at the bottom of the ditch.... :lol: :lol:
Sorry should have been more specific, this sunday is the plan.
Hmmmmm. What time were you thinking of starting?

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:47 pm

I'll have to wait and see how I feel after the Gent's Race Sat, and how many beers I neck at the finish line.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:52 pm

you guys are nuts. I'm out for this one
i reckon even geoff would tell you to get nicked

Smithstreet

Postby Smithstreet » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:55 pm

Dimma wrote:and how many beers I neck at the finish line.
By the look of your 'palmares', feel free to punch about 20 in to you!! (to give me a remote chance of keeping you in sight up the climbs) :|

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:55 pm

Dimma wrote:I'll have to wait and see how I feel after the Gent's Race Sat, and how many beers I neck at the finish line.
Yuuuup. +1 haha. I'll more than likely do some small recovery ride to keep the legs moving after the 170km RGR or sleep in before riding back home.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:59 pm

Smithstreet wrote:What about this?
It's a tick over a Gran Fondo, so nothing tooo humungous.
http://www.strava.com/routes/448487" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Earlier start the better.

I haven't done the Panorama before but have heard about it's 'awesomeness', so it's about time I had a crack.
Even if you guys don't want to do BB, I'll probably head that way anyway. Seems a shame to spend an hour in the car (each way), to not make it a 'fullish' day.*

* Disclaimer: Sounds like reasonable logic at the moment, but come Sunday, the plan could turn to poo.
Yea that's the sort of thing i was expecting :lol: . I'm up for that one (again, assuming the job interview doesn't result in me starting work sometime over the weekend).

What is this "Panorama" of which you speak? Should i try and get the Velo Ecosse ready so i have triple cranks? :)

Smithstreet

Postby Smithstreet » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:08 pm

You won't need a triple Pinto. I've seen you climb.
(Says he who hasn't seen it!!)

Sorry, I have seen it on Google street maps... It looks steep on that. :shock: