After a new roadie.

simurs4

After a new roadie.

Postby simurs4 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:16 pm

Hi guys, Sold my previous Scott Foil last year, having owned it for a couple years along side my flat bar roadie which was mainly used for commuter duties. I've recently gotten a new P3 but am getting the itch to get another proper roadie. So i'm offloading my flat bar and am on the look out for its replacement.
I'm not after anything too full on as the P3 is more bike then I will probably ever need I just want something that I can smash around like I used to without the annoyance of having to get on and off the aero bars with ever set of lights like on the P3.
I will most likely delegate the P3 to indoor trainer duties over winter so the roadie will be my every day bike.
I'm not wanting to spend much over $2500, maybe 3k if its something a bit special. Would also be nice if its running Shimano 11's so I can use my deep dish rims off the P3.
I'm pretty keen on checking out Merida's more closely, got a flat on the P3 (stupid me not having a spare tube) near a bike shop that sold Merida's so I had a bit of a sticky beak while i was there and they look pretty great for the price range.
I can get something like a Scultura 905 with Ultegra 11's for 2K atm, would that be a good buy? I can get one in the Lampre team colours for the same price which i think looks pretty sweet (gets my 80's child inside excited).
Can anyone think of anything else I should look at thats similar? I'm not too keen on too keen on Giants however, and i'm not interested in another Scott either.
Cheers for any help.

spuddy1

Re: After a new roadie.

Postby spuddy1 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:30 pm

What about the Cell omeo 1.5 for $2500 ? Got great revie.ws in Ride magazine.

SquareWheels

Postby SquareWheels » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:14 pm

or....the Cell omeo 2.0 for $2800 ?

I want one but don't have the dolleros at the moment :(
I got hit by a car that failed to give way once - it really hurt

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:49 am

Giant TCR SLR 1- very light alloy frame, full Ultegra 6800- addresses the 11 speed, alloy frame is better than any carbon at this price range and you should be able to find one well under $2K.
Mine is upside down currently for a couple of weeks as I get new wheels built up for it, but awesome fast ride for the money