Balbuk Way bike path / graffiti

uglybob

Balbuk Way bike path / graffiti

Postby uglybob » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:08 am

hey guys,

not sure how many others ride this section, but overnight some clowns decided to deface the bike path with a host of racist / nazi insignias etc.

normally a bit of scrawling on the bike path isn't an issue from my perspective, but when there is a dozen or so swastikas, and some absolutelt vile stuff tagged on the path, its a little much.

any idea who has responsibility for this section? i've contemplated lodging something with the cops in case these people have form in the area. not sure if i need to talk to main roads / town of vic park / city of belmont ?

cheers

Aushiker

Re: Balbuk Way bike path / graffiti

Postby Aushiker » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:13 am

See the WA Police website ... http://www.police.wa.gov.au/ANTISOCIALB ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andrew

Scott_C

Postby Scott_C » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:15 am

If you mean the PSP between the Graham Farmer Freeway and Balbuk Way then it is Main Roads WA.

Feedback form is here:
https://www.mainroads.wa.gov.au/Pages/c ... Type=Fault" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you mean the 'riverside' path from the Balbuk Way boat ramp then I believe it is City of Belmont.

I do usually ride the PSP in this section but I have been fighting with a cold the last couple of weeks and haven't been commuting.

uglybob

Postby uglybob » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:30 am

reported to the graffiti hotline via the police website. they said they will contact City of Belmont & attempt to have it removed this morning.

good to see there are some classy people out there.

'White is Wright' - well educated as well.

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:08 pm

I saw that this morning and found it very upsetting to read. I reported it via the Main Roads web site. Hopefully it can be removed ASAP. I have no tolerance at all for race hate.
<removed by request>

uglybob

Postby uglybob » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:35 pm

spray-painted over / cleaned up by 6pm. well done to the council / main roads / whoever cleaned it up.

lets hope it doesn't reappear.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:44 pm

Saw that this morning and could only shake my head. Tonight though, I passed at about 5.15 and got wet paint on my tires. The guy looked like he was just finishing up near the toilet block to a gave him a wave and said thanks. He must see some right garbage and is probably immune to it all by now - seeing but not processing.

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:10 am

uglybob wrote:spray-painted over / cleaned up by 6pm. well done to the council / main roads / whoever cleaned it up.

lets hope it doesn't reappear.
Agreed. I would send a thank you if I knew which agency responded so fast.
<removed by request>