2015 Malvern Star Path Racer

Discodan

2015 Malvern Star Path Racer

Postby Discodan » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:16 pm

Looks nice, good to see something different than the same old retro replicas

YearoftheCat

Re: 2015 Malvern Star Path Racer

Postby YearoftheCat » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:16 pm

There were a couple on display at the finish of the Roobaix last Sunday. They look pretty good, and the vintage seat stay design is pretty nice but I don't like the fork crown. I'm not sure how many will leave the stores with that much drop to the bars. It's a pity they used Shimano 3spd hubs instead of Sturmeys but I guess the average buyer wouldn't appreciate the history anyway. I think the guy said ~$750 with the 3spd and less for the single speed.

yugyug

Postby yugyug » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:06 am

That's kinda cool. I guess its a quill stem and can be raised? Why is there a back brake when there's no front brake?

Michael Howes

Postby Michael Howes » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi. Questions and concerns addressed below :)
- The stem's quill and goes up quite a lot.
- The bars can be flipped and look pretty cool in the up-rise position for riders not keen on such a steep drop.
- The forks a pre-production prototype and will be much neater (ie no visible brazing) for production
- Rear hub on the more expensive model was changed from Shimano Nexus 3sp to Sturmey 2sp Duomatic kickshift for first production as there was no good looking and retro styled shifter option to work with Nexus
- Production bikes (single spec Path Racer 1 and 2sp Sturmey PR2 will have both front and rear dual pivot long reach brakes as they must meet standards.

Hope this covers everything a if you've got any other questions, I'm happy to answer them

Michael (Malvern Star Product Mgr)

PS: If anyone wants a pdf brochure, send me your email and I'll mail you one with full specs.

landyacht

Postby landyacht » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:11 pm

Ive just had to get cream tyres out of germany, will MS be stocking and making replacement tyres available in Aus?

Michael Howes

Postby Michael Howes » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:08 pm

Sorry for the tardy slow reply 'landyacht' - in short, if there' s a decent demand from dealers for back up stock, we'd look at it.