Show us your Giant road bike

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby liont » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:06 pm

Cmm wrote:Liont i just made the assumption that it was a team bike as its the same location the giant shimano have there stickers set up. my mistake! where did you get the stem if you dont mind me asking?


Ah..somehow the mechanic managed to get a few of these stems for the 1 1/4 steerer, no idea how to get more of these sorry.
liont
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:39 pm

by BNA » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:12 pm

BNA
 

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby mitchy_ » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:12 pm

what size is that TCR, small?
i'm not sure if it's just me or not, but it seem to have a very sloping top tube? not far off lining up with the seat stays!
Designs by Mitch - drafting specialist.
User avatar
mitchy_
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby liont » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:29 am

mitchy_ wrote:what size is that TCR, small?
i'm not sure if it's just me or not, but it seem to have a very sloping top tube? not far off lining up with the seat stays!


XS! Yep it is very sloping. But dancing on the bike seemed nicer due to more clearance? Able to sway alil more
liont
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:39 pm

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby mitchy_ » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:01 am

liont wrote:
mitchy_ wrote:what size is that TCR, small?
i'm not sure if it's just me or not, but it seem to have a very sloping top tube? not far off lining up with the seat stays!


XS! Yep it is very sloping. But dancing on the bike seemed nicer due to more clearance? Able to sway alil more


Ah, that explains the very low stand over then! I bet, could swing it right over :lol:
Designs by Mitch - drafting specialist.
User avatar
mitchy_
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby Cmm » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:57 pm

New bike Arrived today! Pics to come soon. If I don't start selling some stuff my n+1 room is going to over flow! Wife's not happy I think with the arival of a frame Moro Will exceed past s-1 equation so need to work out which to sell!
Cmm
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:55 pm

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby mitchy_ » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:00 pm

Cmm wrote:New bike Arrived today! Pics to come soon. If I don't start selling some stuff my n+1 room is going to over flow! Wife's not happy I think with the arival of a frame Moro Will exceed past s-1 equation so need to work out which to sell!


you've got a propel, right? i'll do you a favour and take it off your hands cheap. ;)
Designs by Mitch - drafting specialist.
User avatar
mitchy_
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby Cmm » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:34 pm

how did you know mitchy?
Cmm
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:55 pm

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby Dirty32 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:23 pm

A snap of my TCR Advanced 0...

Image

Currently coming in at ~ 7.8kg as you see it, with pedals, bottle cages and the Garmin mount (incl. magnets / sensors etc.) fitted & without any real attempts at any weight savings.

Will be changing the basic Shimano pedals to some Ultegra's shortly, have a K-Edge chain catcher to go on and thinking about throwing some 3T Ergonova bars on it at some point. Need to get a decent bike fit too. Other than that, I generally love the bike!

Sorry about the shadows, but had just given it a little wash and was on the way out shortly afterward. Any tips (or velo rules) for the next time I take some pics?
Dirty32
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby defy1 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:18 pm

that seat doesn't look right. nice bike btw
defy1
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby tku » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:14 am

Image

Image

Image
tku
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:18 pm

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby Duck! » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:38 am

Dirty32 wrote:A snap of my TCR Advanced 0...

Image

defy1 wrote:that seat doesn't look right. nice bike btw

Yep, that's going to result in damage somewhere along the line sooner or later. The clamp cradle on the Giant posts is reversible, in order to change the offset. You really need to flip it around so the clamp is more central on the saddle rails.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.
Duck!
Expert
 
Posts: 1690
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 8:21 pm
Location: On The Tools

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby Dirty32 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:13 am

Cheers guys! I'll look into that.

I flipped the seat clamp because the front of the seat was pointing upward and was uncomfortable. I didnt spend too long fiddling about, but this seemed the easiest way to lower the front of the seat. Im aware that the seat probably needs to be brought forward a touch, but I was planning on leaving that until I have been to a bikefit and told otherwise. The bike has been into a couple LBS's with me, and no one has mentioned the seat looking out of place as yet.

Other than that, anything else needing attention or looking out of place?
Dirty32
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby Cmm » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:26 pm

Bike Looks GREAT Dirty32!
Cmm
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:55 pm

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby Dirty32 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:19 am

Cheers bud!
I think she is looking pretty good myself.

Popped past the local Giant shop yesterday and had them adjust the seat a little for me.Moved it inward a touch, but they've said that its mounted correctly. Had the Ultegra pedals fitted while I was there, too.
Dirty32
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby Chef » Mon May 05, 2014 5:15 pm

Bought this a couple of weeks ago - I have made a few changes to suit me (new seat and stronger wheels).

Defy SL0 2013

Image

Very happy with it

:D

Cheers
Phil
"A dessert without cheese is like a beautiful woman with only one eye."
Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
User avatar
Chef
 
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:11 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby silentC » Tue May 06, 2014 12:13 pm

I stand to be corrected, but I believe that when I bought this from Clarence Street in 1992/93 (a bit hazy on this) for just under $800 it was the first Giant-branded road bike on sale in Australia. I read about it in a cycling magazine. It came with 7 speed RX100 group set, Nitto stem, Sakae bars, Vetta gel seat, and Wolber rims. The only colour was red.

As it stands today it is still mostly original. The only real change was that I bought a cheap pair of Alexrims for it. The bar tape should be white, but other than that it is original. I've still got the Wolber rims and the RX100 hubs and one day I will respoke them and restore it all to it's former glory.

I suppose this should be in retro biking or something, but I couldn't resist posting it here. So here is my Giant Allegre:

Image
Image
User avatar
silentC
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: Far South Coast NSW

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby BrendonC » Wed May 28, 2014 9:26 pm

I present to you all my pride my joy my love. TCR advance Ultegra Di2 still stock but will soon change.
Image
BrendonC
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:12 am

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby li2099 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:27 am

Quiet morning at work so I'll post mine:

Image
li2099
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:25 am

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby cyclotaur » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:36 am

Recently acquired 2011 Giant Defy 1 (full 105).

A bit of a cleanup, new SPD pedals, bartape and my lightest Fulcrum wheelset on board and it goes well.
A bargain find off Gumtree.

Image
Here's my blog - A bit of fun :)
"Riding not racing...."
User avatar
cyclotaur
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:36 pm

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby Slvr32gtr » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:00 pm

Here's my Giant.

Its a TCR Advanced SL Limited edition - only 161 made.
Runs full DA 7970 Di2
Rolf Prima Ares Clinchers
3T Ergonova team bars and 3T stem
Romin Evo Pro Saddle
DA 7900 Pedals
Ciamillo Negative G brakes

Awesome bike to ride and super stiff and light. Comes in at 6.94kg as pictured.

Image

Image
User avatar
Slvr32gtr
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby Karati » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago.

Have since sorted out the stack height, got a front mount for the garmin, replaced the crappy giant tyres and threw away those stupid red valve covers.

Image
Karati
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Show us your Giant road bike

Postby singlespeedscott » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:36 pm

silentC wrote:I stand to be corrected, but I believe that when I bought this from Clarence Street in 1992/93 (a bit hazy on this) for just under $800 it was the first Giant-branded road bike on sale in Australia. I read about it in a cycling magazine. It came with 7 speed RX100 group set, Nitto stem, Sakae bars, Vetta gel seat, and Wolber rims. The only colour was red.

As it stands today it is still mostly original. The only real change was that I bought a cheap pair of Alexrims for it. The bar tape should be white, but other than that it is original. I've still got the Wolber rims and the RX100 hubs and one day I will respoke them and restore it all to it's former glory.

I suppose this should be in retro biking or something, but I couldn't resist posting it here. So here is my Giant Allegre:

Image

Nice. I am surprised nobody has posted up any Giant made Repco's from the 80's :lol:
Image
User avatar
singlespeedscott
 
Posts: 3089
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Elimbah, Queensland

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby koshari » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:03 pm

I posted mine in the repco retro thread :grin:

Btw its pretty much the same specs as singlespeedsscotts. Rx100 glory and all.
koshari
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby silentC » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:34 pm

I dropped it last week. Incredibly p'ed off. I tore a hole in the back of the saddle. I've had this bike for more than 20 years and one stupid moment spoils it :(
Image
User avatar
silentC
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: Far South Coast NSW

Re: Show us your Giant road bike

Postby g-boaf » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:08 am

Slvr32gtr wrote:Here's my Giant.

Its a TCR Advanced SL Limited edition - only 161 made.
Runs full DA 7970 Di2
Rolf Prima Ares Clinchers
3T Ergonova team bars and 3T stem
Romin Evo Pro Saddle
DA 7900 Pedals
Ciamillo Negative G brakes

Awesome bike to ride and super stiff and light. Comes in at 6.94kg as pictured.



That is very, very nice. :)

Karati wrote:Picked this up a couple of weeks ago.

Have since sorted out the stack height, got a front mount for the garmin, replaced the crappy giant tyres and threw away those stupid red valve covers.


Nice SL1. :)


silentC wrote:I dropped it last week. Incredibly p'ed off. I tore a hole in the back of the saddle. I've had this bike for more than 20 years and one stupid moment spoils it :(


Despite that, it looks immaculate. :)
g-boaf
 
Posts: 3860
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Giant

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU



InTouch with BNA
“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter