Sydney weather this morning!!!

Rockford

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby Rockford » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:59 am

Had a bit of a sleep in, went out for a quick leisurely ride and there was lots of people on the M7. Also noticed a lot more women out riding which is good to see, they probably outnumbered the men for once. Lovely day.

tez001

Postby tez001 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:07 pm

Cold morning although once it got to 9am the sun was out and it was nice .. down south on the Cooks River path anyhow

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:52 pm

It was far too cold on the M7 this morning. Anywhere it was shaded was absolutely freezing.

Rockford

Postby Rockford » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:40 am

God it was cold this morning. I had 1C according to Garmin. Area around Rooty Hill on the M7 is probably the coldest on my morning ride, you can just feel the temp going down as you ride through there.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:51 am

Rockford wrote:God it was cold this morning. I had 1C according to Garmin. Area around Rooty Hill on the M7 is probably the coldest on my morning ride, you can just feel the temp going down as you ride through there.
Yeah, it's very cold around there. The area around Cowpasture Road going south on the M7 is also particularly cold.

I'm hoping it won't be too cold tonight. I'm going to try for 75 or 100km.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:33 am

There is at least one benefit to working for yourself - I can on occasion leave home later so the sun has had a chance to warm things up. Such a gorgeous day I might knock off early & get a few extra kms on the way home
Anything you can do, I can do slower

westab

Postby westab » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:53 am

g-boaf wrote:
Rockford wrote:God it was cold this morning. I had 1C according to Garmin. Area around Rooty Hill on the M7 is probably the coldest on my morning ride, you can just feel the temp going down as you ride through there.
Yeah, it's very cold around there. The area around Cowpasture Road going south on the M7 is also particularly cold.

I'm hoping it won't be too cold tonight. I'm going to try for 75 or 100km.
I get on at Quakers Hill Parkway, the shared path there is colder as well - but feels warmer once I ride through Western Sydney parkland (along eastern Creek) There has been frost on the ground there every day for the last week.

Still a nice sunny day for the ride in even if a little cold.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:32 pm

I can't complain about the cold given it's freezing in the west. Low for today's ride was 3 degrees just after Akuna Bay marina riding clockwise.

barney all fixed

Postby barney all fixed » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:01 pm

yes its awesome at 3.50am heading to c'town choochoo and only feels like minus 3 deg on my face with beloclava and fingers start to numb bum on me after 10 minutes but refreshing!! one could say. ah narellan road what a feeling!!!
cheers craig

leximack

Postby leximack » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:40 pm

i rode between 4 and 5.30pm today in only short knicks and short sleeve jersey, was beautiful :D :D
Had a vest in the back pocket but didnt need it :!: :!: :D :D :D

Rockford

Postby Rockford » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:08 am

My body is shutting down, like cycling through jelly :D

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:27 am

leximack wrote:i rode between 4 and 5.30pm today in only short knicks and short sleeve jersey, was beautiful :D :D
Had a vest in the back pocket but didnt need it :!: :!: :D :D :D
Later at night it wasn't too bad either - did have long pants and jacket, but not bad for 5:20pm

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:04 am

The average temperature during my short 50km ride this morning was 2ºC. :shock:

I had no feeling in my hands, the carbon handlebars on my bike were like touching blocks of ice, even with gloves that are usually quite warm. :shock:

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:21 pm

g-boaf wrote:The average temperature during my short 50km ride this morning was 2ºC. :shock:

I had no feeling in my hands, the carbon handlebars on my bike were like touching blocks of ice, even with gloves that are usually quite warm. :shock:
It was a chilly one wasn't it? I bought some booties during the week as i was sick of lumps of ice for feet so at least my toes were warm today. My nose and cheeks resembled Rudolf though.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:34 pm

Hergest wrote:
g-boaf wrote:The average temperature during my short 50km ride this morning was 2ºC. :shock:

It was a chilly one wasn't it? I bought some booties during the week as i was sick of lumps of ice for feet so at least my toes were warm today. My nose and cheeks resembled Rudolf though.
Mine as well I'm sure were like that. It was really, really cold. Ordered one of these for the next time I ride in very early morning:

http://www.this link is broken.au/castelli-seamless-balaclava/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I saw people this morning with scarfs wrapped around their necks and any other kind of implement to keep the chill away. It was damn cold. The worst thing was actually once I'd stopped - what little bit of sweat the jersey must have soaked up got really, really cold. :oops:

It's a shame McDonalds at Prestons decided to have their air-con going on cooling, rather than heating. :roll:
Last edited by g-boaf on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tez001

Postby tez001 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:35 pm

Yep was a bit chilly. Used a winter jacket I recently bought and while it kept my body warm, the fingers, nose, ears and feet froze!

QuangVuong

Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby QuangVuong » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:49 pm

g-boaf wrote:
I saw people this morning with scarfs wrapped around their necks and any other kind of implement to keep the chill away. It was damn cold. The worst thing was actually once I'd stopped - what little bit of sweat the jersey must have soaked up got really, really cold. :oops:
I was out there this morning though not as early as you, at 7:30 for a two hour ride with shorts and a jacket with no gloves. Hands were numb, and moving my fingers was hard enough. Legs and feet were fine I think. I actually preferred stopping. The wind chill was the worst flying down the hills after Lizzy Dr.

It's been windy the past week, and looks to be rainy the coming. I think I'll stick to building bikes this week.

It is a full moon tonight, and it's so bright. I reckon you don't even need lights if you wanna ride now.
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:57 am

QuangVuong wrote:

It is a full moon tonight, and it's so bright. I reckon you don't even need lights if you wanna ride now.
I've just come back from a couple of hours out on the bike paths around Holroyd and Fairfield. Along the Greystanes Canal i rode into the full setting moon, it was glorious. The colour slowly changed from yellow through to orange and finally as the grubby atmosphere showed itself it turned a pale ochre before setting. The moment it set an enormous bright free range egg yolk orange sun rose which was in my eyes nearly all the way home. I couldn't see bugger all.

Cold again.

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:00 am

Nice to be leaving home at 7, not 6 as usual. Brief chilly bit, but long sleeves and shorts was fine. And they've finished resurfacing Pariwi Road, which made it a little nicer 8)

Jim

QuangVuong

Postby QuangVuong » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:36 am

Hasn't that road has been resurfaced since at least the beginning of the month. It was nice and smooth going up the hill.
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:42 am

QuangVuong wrote:Hasn't that road has been resurfaced since at least the beginning of the month. It was nice and smooth going up the hill.
Quite possibly. Today was my first chance to ride to work since June 27 after having school holiday leave.

Jim

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:08 pm

Not a day for recreational riding at all, my sympathy to those who had to ride for a commute. This wind has been stiff and cold all day and not nice at all.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:18 pm

Driving to Melb today - Sutton Forrest at 7:30am was 3 degrees blowing a gale & snowing. They breed em tough in the Southern Highlands
Anything you can do, I can do slower

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:57 pm

find_bruce wrote:Driving to Melb today - Sutton Forrest at 7:30am was 3 degrees blowing a gale & snowing. They breed em tough in the Southern Highlands
It snowed between Bathurst and Lithgow this morning and they closed the GWH, albeit only briefly.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:45 pm

Blimey it was windy on the way back from SOP today. Riding back through Merrylands up to Guildford on the road (past the RSL club) was horrid - gusty headwind.

Pretty cool this morning too, but I kept warm. :)