2014 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

TailWind

Re: 2014 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby TailWind » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:51 pm

jasonc wrote:daddy daughter day tomorrow. looks like i'll hold onto P2, for now.
Yep, you will, working from home today, had after hours work issues to deal with over the last couple of days, so I decided to treat myself to a lazy Friday :)
Soma Double Cross 2012 - Commuter || Giant CitySpeed (Alfine 8 IGH) - Commuter || Bakfiets Long 2011 - Cargo Bike

Robinho

Postby Robinho » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:07 pm

I hope to be pushing 5th and 6th soon, now I've moved house I'm slightly closer to the city, which is making a 2 way commute possible, managed 4 days a week for the last 2 weeks, at 55kms per day

oxonabike

Postby oxonabike » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:50 pm

hmmm, might have to graph this and see when the likely overtake date is for fifth spot. And perhaps calculate distances required to make overtake date sometime next January.

Robinho

Postby Robinho » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:32 pm

Ha! Had I not had a couple of weeks off due to illness, moving and weather I would not have dropped so far behind. Hope to have a good run at it now though. 6th is my first target though, you should be safe for a good while I'd think

westab

Postby westab » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Rob good luck catching Ox - I thought I might be able to catch him but then woooosh he is gone - he keeps telling his best years are behind him and it may well be true but the are still lots of good ones in front. Keep riding and enjoy.

Good to see Liz and Gretaboy moving up - good work both of you. the last few winter days in Sydney's west have been very cold but the sun has been shining and the riding without the school kids about has been good. Looking forward to a good ride home tonight - have a good weekend everyone.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:52 am

westab wrote:Rob good luck catching Ox
+1

ox is in cairns. it's the dry season. you'll have to wait til november for the wet season for him to slow down

TW - thanks for the reprieve

oxonabike

Postby oxonabike » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:15 pm

Wet and build up seasons don't bother me, will ride regardless. However, three weeks leave from the beginning of December could get me unstuck. Actually so could some roster changes coming up at work.

I love the mini challenges within the challenge that occur. It means you don't loose incentive because the leaders of the pack have already bolted past your likely cumulative total for the year.

Robinho

Postby Robinho » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:11 pm

It's allegedly the wet season here in Perth, lost one journey last week, looks decent this week. Last year I didn't ride at all if it looked like it might rain. Happy to ride in the rain now, as long as it's not too cold, so I'm hoping not to lose much. I was just ahead of Ox, but dropped behind by doing less journeys per week and having some leave. Upped my mileage now, and enjoying the challenge of chasing down the guys ahead

westab

Postby westab » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:46 pm

Good couple of weeks riding - with no time to upload. Fixed that yesterday (sorry about the 300+km jump)

Looking forward to the weather warming up and soccer / netball ending so there can be more riding after swimming, soccer and netball are now just getting in the way.
Hoping the get the Repco Superlite paint job finished after a repair so I can have the old girl back. It is such a nice bike to ride.

westab

Postby westab » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:17 pm

Just uploaded the last two weeks of riding - it has been a couple of weeks of slog but I have enjoyed it. The weather is beginning to warm up so the ride in is more enjoyable. Looking forward to spring; the best time to ride IMHO.

Gretaboy - good riding mate up to ninth now - it is wonderful to see your kms are up there again even if I am the next target on your hit list.

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:55 pm

It hasnt been easy I must say....every k pretty much hurts these days but am trying to "brute force" the body into working and getting stronger.

My OCD is starting to kick in again regarding the riding and clocking up the kays, I am also looking forward to the warmer weather..means I can start earlier and stay out longer :)

Told you a few posts back....got you in my sights, just got to force myself to run you down, so to speak

westab

Postby westab » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:50 pm

gretaboy wrote: Told you a few posts back....got you in my sights, just got to force myself to run you down, so to speak
Mate - you also said back then I was a blip in the distance (if my memory serves) I'm not now. I will do my best to give you someone to chase. :wink:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:44 am

geez - gretaboy is up to P7 :shock:

I reckon he'll hit P5 shortly

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:24 pm

jasonc wrote:geez - gretaboy is up to P7 :shock:

Jason, it is within sight now so I am hunting for it :twisted:

Again this challenge is driving me on...things are different for me now and not so easy but I am out there and pushing myself hard to improve

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:25 pm

gretaboy wrote:
jasonc wrote:geez - gretaboy is up to P7 :shock:

Jason, it is within sight now so I am hunting for it :twisted:

Again this challenge is driving me on...things are different for me now and not so easy but I am out there and pushing myself hard to improve
I think you are scary a few people as you "woosh" past

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:48 pm

Oxonabike....I'm coming baby I'm coming...wanna wait for me lol ????

oxonabike

Postby oxonabike » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:04 pm

Hmmm, coulda sworn I replied to this unsettling news when it was first raised by Jason. Oh well, blame site issues. Or tapatalk.

Anyhow, back when you were in 7th place, and noting that Robinho was steadily climbing the ladder I mentioned that you were merely keeping my end of year position warm for me. And most would agree that the usual order of things will go someway to being restored with you at the upper end of the ladder. So I humbly accept my role as the CCR rabbit :mrgreen: and await your victorious 'whooshing' past in the next few weeks.

I'll also just put this out there as a half baked excuse: On Monday, myself and seven other Cairns riders are nominating for the Victorian 3 peaks challenge for next year - we've just started training. While this won't affect commuting days, it will most likely wipe any of the extended commutes which would be the only way of keeping ahead of the pack. With serious vertical work and Km's occurring over weekends, commutes will unfortunately be relegated to recovery rides :wink:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:43 pm

ah come on. i do most of my climbing on the way to work

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:42 pm

oxonabike wrote:
Hmmm, coulda sworn I replied to this unsettling news when it was first raised by Jason. Oh well, blame site issues. Or tapatalk.

Anyhow, back when you were in 7th place, and noting that Robinho was steadily climbing the ladder I mentioned that you were merely keeping my end of year position warm for me. And most would agree that the usual order of things will go someway to being restored with you at the upper end of the ladder. So I humbly accept my role as the CCR rabbit :mrgreen: and await your victorious 'whooshing' past in the next few weeks.

I'll also just put this out there as a half baked excuse: On Monday, myself and seven other Cairns riders are nominating for the Victorian 3 peaks challenge for next year - we've just started training. While this won't affect commuting days, it will most likely wipe any of the extended commutes which would be the only way of keeping ahead of the pack. With serious vertical work and Km's occurring over weekends, commutes will unfortunately be relegated to recovery rides :wink:

Good purpose to aim for the 3 peaks..out of my league these days

you have taken some of the chase fun out of it :(.....guess I will have to chase fourth down then

oxonabike

Postby oxonabike » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:52 pm

That's a fair gap you have to decided to run down.

My weekly total is about 150km so you can plot the likely passing date, and aim to take my spot at some earlier date... to keep it interesting. Hmmm, 150km. .. that was a day and a half for you back in the day!

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk

Releng

Postby Releng » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:07 pm

gretaboy wrote:guess I will have to chase fourth down then
I could do with the company, I am sort of out on my own.

If I can keep going I should finish the year with about 11500 Ks, That is with public holidays and a bit of leave factored in.
That gives you something to aim for, if you can do it it will be some sort of effort. 7000 ks in 4 months, that will give you the equivalent of over 20K / year. The boys out the front of me look to be on track for under 14K for the end of the year.
Good luck with it, Mick

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:22 pm

Releng wrote:
gretaboy wrote:guess I will have to chase fourth down then
I could do with the company, I am sort of out on my own.

If I can keep going I should finish the year with about 11500 Ks, That is with public holidays and a bit of leave factored in.
That gives you something to aim for, if you can do it it will be some sort of effort. 7000 ks in 4 months, that will give you the equivalent of over 20K / year. The boys out the front of me look to be on track for under 14K for the end of the year.
Good luck with it, Mick
7000 k's is way too much for me...so all sewn up lol

I am simply grateful to be able to be on the front page to be honest...I miss my commuting

Robinho

Postby Robinho » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:29 pm

I had a quiet week last week, looking after the wife after her knee operation, back to commuting next week, aiming for a minimum 220kms a week for the forseeable.

oxonabike

Postby oxonabike » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:00 am

Robinho wrote: aiming for a minimum 220kms a week for the forseeable.
Because I have too much time on my hands, I just spreadsheet this. You'll jump me at the end of this month. My commuting year finishes on the first week in December, and should pull up at 6800 - 7000 or so Km - a few hundred less than last year.

Gretaboy: What's your average weekly these days?

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:05 am

Gretaboy: What's your average weekly these days?[/quote]

It really depends on how many medical appointments I have during the week but the minimum I try and do is 200 but quite often I am aiming for over 300