Two weeks in Europe..... :-) Self guided tour ?

Nitram

Two weeks in Europe..... :-) Self guided tour ?

Postby Nitram » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:13 am

I've got two weeks to spare in September, and my plan is to take my bike. My idea is to fly into Munich, but that's flexible- could be Salzberg or anywhere in Central Europe with a major airport, since I'll arrive in Frankfurt and fly from there to wherever I need to be.

I'm a bit keen on the idea of not taking panniers etc., and I've been reading about these self-guided tours, where they onforward your gear each day to the destination. They recommend a route, but you've got all day to get there, by whatever route you like. Sounds like a great idea, though it's not cheap.

Can anyone recommend a tour company who does these self-guided arrangements:
1. Where you take your own bike-I don't want to hire one.
2. Where you don't get three meals per day- I just need breakfast at the accomodation, and after that I'll be fine.
3. In an area where the riding is challenging: mountains are fine.
4. Where the accomodation is basic- I just need a bed and a shower and breakfast.

Cheers,

Nitram :D

Gassy

Re: Two weeks in Europe..... :-) Self guided tour ?

Postby Gassy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:36 am

You could have a look at cyclomondo, although I think they require 2 people as minimum. I've done a group trip with them and they were pretty good.

Nelson Paschke

Re: Two weeks in Europe..... :-) Self guided tour ?

Postby Nelson Paschke » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:47 am

Check out purevelo.com. They do really good self-guided and will tailor the tour to you. Usually you'll have personalised service with the purevelo guys on call if you don't/can't want to ride or need assistance.