Video Camera who uses one?

darkelf921

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Postby darkelf921 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:30 pm

Ignoto wrote:For those that use a GoPro, what kind of video recording settings do you use? This morning I tried a 720p with 60 FPS and the goPro cut off around 60-70 minutes into my ride this morning. Which I thought was a bit short, only an hour worth of recording time? The SD card had plenty of space on it as well, so I'm guessing I may need to get the battery pack if I want it to last longer.
It depends what type of GoPro you have. 60FPS is only really necessary if you want to show slowmo video. However if you have a GoPro3 Black, that is the minimum. If you don't then cutting down to 30fps (or 25fps depending on PAL or NTSC setting) definitely extends the battery life. However, 60-70 mins on 720 with 60FPS is pretty bad. You should get closer to 120 minutes at least.

I do use the battery pack for my GoPros. I have the GoPro1 and 3 (Silver). The older battery packs and batteries are cheaper if you can find them and are compatible. The only downside is they are silver, not black.
My YouTube http://goo.gl/UlJrkN Channel

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:56 pm

My GoPro 3 white isn't suitable as a long ride camera due to recording times so I use it for the bad/dangerous sections or the good/interesting footage sections and turn it off for other bits. They are a good camera, but there are better options for use as an incident cam AFAIK.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

disa

Postby disa » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:55 pm

AUbicycles wrote:I would be hoping NOT to catch them as they are all behaving, it is just the worst when there is a bad road user that scares the life out of you... or worse. If there is a close call a video is for prosperity although legally, little will come of it when there is no collision. Only when there is a collision does it then come into effect - but still the aim is to avoid that as much as possible.
Without letting on too much... I have a plan. My safety is paramount and I will not put myself in harms way.

I'm not the go looking for trouble kind of person but I'm not a do nothing kind of person either.
I wish I didn't need to get involved but theses guys assaulted me in front of my 7 y/o son, he was so scared and wanted to hide. I get upset thinking about how it must have been for him seeing his Dad grasping his neck fighting a gag reflex whilst screaming out obscenities in their direction. All I could do was tell him its OK its OK and got us both to pedal the hell out of there.

The other side is I wish I could help these little build a motorbike track and sent their parents to parenting classes.

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:37 pm

I am looking at the latest mobius as it is suitable to use as a dash cam as well; and with a battery pack should go to at least a couple of hours. 5 min to 10 min segments and recycles over the card.
Good colour and is small. I want something for the car and I will try some glad wrap over it for the rain. All up around a $100-00 dollars with a few fittings.
Just looking at the pictures it makes the fly6 look inferior .
Just waiting to see Aldis' next Sat sale on there Maginon Cam, as to what that one features, but I don't think it works on external power even though it cycles over the card. Still, they will be cheap.
Just have the add $ 50-00each
Last edited by outnabike on Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:46 pm

Good to hear Disa. It is disappointing how ugly people can get. That kind of behavior from thugs needs to be reported to the police so do take care.
Cycling is in my BNA

harmonix1234

Postby harmonix1234 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Ordered fly6 today. Can't wait to get it running.

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:12 am

darkelf921 wrote: However if you have a GoPro3 Black, that is the minimum. However, 60-70 mins on 720 with 60FPS is pretty bad. You should get closer to 120 minutes at least.
Yeah I've got the GoPro 3 Black so 60FPS will be the way to go. I'll double check that the battery is fully charged for the next longer ride and see how we go. Previously I didn't pick up a Class 10 mSD card so this was the first go with a Class 10 card and I thought it might still not have fixed it. Maybe I'll just have to throw the Wifi remote in my back pocket and turn the GoPro on every now and then when I want to capture part of the ride.

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:19 pm

outnabike wrote:I am looking at the latest mobius as it is suitable to use as a dash cam as well; and with a battery pack should go to at least a couple of hours. 5 min to 10 min segments and recycles over the card.
Good colour and is small. I want something for the car and I will try some glad wrap over it for the rain. All up around a $100-00 dollars with a few fittings.
Just waiting to see Aldis' next Sat sale on there Maginon Cam, as to what that one features, but I don't think it works on external power even though it cycles over the card. Still, they will be cheap.
I just bought the Mobius, its a good little compact unit also make sure you get a larger micro sdhc memory card, 8gb only goes for an hour on your highest setting. You can also buy a water proof case from here https://joovuu.com/gb/home/103-mobius-w ... -case.html

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:07 pm

Dragster1 wrote:
outnabike wrote:I am looking at the latest mobius as it is suitable to use as a dash cam as well; and with a battery pack should go to at least a couple of hours. 5 min to 10 min segments and recycles over the card.
I just bought the Mobius, its a good little compact unit also make sure you get a larger micro sdhc memory card, 8gb only goes for an hour on your highest setting. You can also buy a water proof case from here https://joovuu.com/gb/home/103-mobius-w ... -case.html
Hi Dragster1,
Yes they do offer it with 16 gb cards.Just try it with some gladwrap to see if it films ok. I did this with other cams and it was fine. That darn case is half the cost of the cam. :)

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 pm

outnabike wrote:
Dragster1 wrote:
Hi Dragster1,
Yes they do offer it with 16 gb cards.Just try it with some gladwrap to see if it films ok. I did this with other cams and it was fine. That darn case is half the cost of the cam. :)
Does the new Mobius fit into a TicTac box like its predecessor the Jumbo 808? I'm not talking length-wise but width and depth (length-wise you can cut the front for the lens and glad wrap the back or something if cutting the lid doesn't work). If so, I'm using TicTac boxes with cut outs in the relevant spots and they work a charm for my Jumbos!

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:16 pm

Summernight wrote:
outnabike wrote:
Hi Dragster1,
Does the new Mobius fit into a TicTac box like its predecessor the Jumbo 808? I'm not talking length-wise but width and depth (length-wise you can cut the front for the lens and glad wrap the back or something if cutting the lid doesn't work). If so, I'm using TicTac boxes with cut outs in the relevant spots and they work a charm for my Jumbos!
Im hoping I will find a water proof case through another dealer a lot cheaper otherwise looking at the others options. I'm sure I've seen someone use a tic tac box also. I just purchased a power pack from jcar for $24 and looking at mounting it in some old rubber tube with foam attaching it to the bike with Velcro straps somehow. I plan on using it for mountain biking adventures that are 5 hour plus rides. Thanks for the info 8)

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:19 pm

sad news - one of the rubber straps on my fly6 snapped tonight

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:04 pm

jasonc wrote:sad news - one of the rubber straps on my fly6 snapped tonight
If you were using the short ones, you can use one of the extra long ones.
Cycling is in my BNA

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:08 pm

[quote="Summernight"[/quote] Does the new Mobius fit into a TicTac box like its predecessor the Jumbo 808? I'm not talking length-wise but width and depth (length-wise you can cut the front for the lens and glad wrap the back or something if cutting the lid doesn't work). If so, I'm using TicTac boxes with cut outs in the relevant spots and they work a charm for my Jumbos![/quote]

I think the O/A dims are 60 mm long 40 wide and 18 deep. It can sit in a provided plastic cradle 2 mm thk and can be just clicked or or out.
This thing would be easy to water proof, as long as it films ok through the film of glad wrap. The secret I found was to have it tight. It is very clear on standard digital cameras.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/16G-Card-Mobius ... RK:MESE:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the aldi special
https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys ... 8-05_10-42" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:30 pm

Summernight wrote:
It fits in quite nicely into an Eclipse mint tin. It just needs a little something to pack it out once it is in. I'm toying with the idea of not modifying the tin too much and simply drill holes where I need them, and stretching a segment of tube over the top and sealing it in place with something like Sugru. If I can keep the tin intact I'll be able to stick a bag of desiccant in it and close the door and only open it to charge etc.

Cheers,

Cameron

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:26 pm

harmonix1234 wrote:Ordered fly6 today. Can't wait to get it running.
Don't hold yr breath, delivery seems to be via the North Pole! Nearly 3 weeks n still waiting here....

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:45 am

AUbicycles wrote:
jasonc wrote:sad news - one of the rubber straps on my fly6 snapped tonight
If you were using the short ones, you can use one of the extra long ones.
I'm using both lots as i have a mount on each bike

Nate

Postby Nate » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:42 pm

Dragster1 wrote: Im hoping I will find a water proof case through another dealer a lot cheaper otherwise looking at the others options. I'm sure I've seen someone use a tic tac box also. I just purchased a power pack from jcar for $24 and looking at mounting it in some old rubber tube with foam attaching it to the bike with Velcro straps somehow. I plan on using it for mountain biking adventures that are 5 hour plus rides. Thanks for the info 8)
yeppas - Tic Tac box here
soldering iron to melt out the front & just some scissors to cut the bottom - for the mount.

works a treat!

Bartek

Postby Bartek » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:39 pm

Dragster1 wrote: Im hoping I will find a water proof case through another dealer a lot cheaper otherwise looking at the others options. I'm sure I've seen someone use a tic tac box also. I just purchased a power pack from jcar for $24 and looking at mounting it in some old rubber tube with foam attaching it to the bike with Velcro straps somehow. I plan on using it for mountain biking adventures that are 5 hour plus rides. Thanks for the info 8)
I use these covers on my two Mobius cameras not had any problems yet

http://mobius-actioncam.com/store/produ ... e-windows/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sinner Mango Sport RE
KMX Viper
Trek 350

tez001

Postby tez001 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:27 am

Are the mobius still a good value cheap camera? Do they have a max clip length or record to the micro SD card size and then loop?

Scott2468

Postby Scott2468 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:57 am

tez001 wrote:Are the mobius still a good value cheap camera? Do they have a max clip length or record to the micro SD card size and then loop?
In my opinion, this is the smallest, best value for money camera that has image quality where people compare to Gopro and the like.

When you download this software,

http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html

it provides massive options and settings and so simple to use. It even automatically searches for firmware updates and formats your card in the camera.

I am blown away with the synergy between the manufacturer & the RC community and what they have developed.

If you are thinking about buying one, stop thinking. Just get one, you will not regret it. Just remember this is not waterproof. You can buy cases or make one.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:45 am

Scott2468 wrote:
tez001 wrote:Are the mobius still a good value cheap camera? Do they have a max clip length or record to the micro SD card size and then loop?
In my opinion, this is the smallest, best value for money camera that has image quality where people compare to Gopro and the like.

When you download this software,

http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html

it provides massive options and settings and so simple to use. It even automatically searches for firmware updates and formats your card in the camera.

I am blown away with the synergy between the manufacturer & the RC community and what they have developed.

If you are thinking about buying one, stop thinking. Just get one, you will not regret it. Just remember this is not waterproof. You can buy cases or make one.
+1. Even their predecessor (which is what I have) is good and well worth the money.

tez001

Postby tez001 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:56 am

How do I know if its the new or old version? What is the max recording on 32gb providing I have a external battery?

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:09 am

[quote="tez001"]How do I know if its the new or old version? What is the max recording on 32gb providing I have a external battery?[/quote

It is similar in time to the average recorder.Techmoan does give details and referrals to sites that give figures. Just hunt for them. I came across the data but I looked at so much stuff I just cant remember. I have ordered mine with their own 32 gb card, but it runs over itself in any case so always need to down load an incident any way.

Nate

Postby Nate » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:33 pm

100% still leaps & bounds ahead - even with a dodgy tic tac case cover.