Moron Motorists #3

Lukeyboy

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:25 pm

ajmit3 wrote:Moron motorist no 1 (in my book)

Peter from Whittlesea Bin Hire of 11-12 Cordell Crt Whittlesea VIC 3757

/Start rant

I was riding on Main Road Eltham, heading in a westerly direction. This guy in his bin truck with a skip bin just past the intersection passed me very closely, I may or may have not been in the process of protecting myself by taking up the whole lane... But I swear he shaved me way too close.

Anyway, I ring him immediately and he rings back from a private number, the conversation degenerated into a use of f-words on both sides. I said I may report him to the police for his sub par driving . (This is the part I detest) He then calls me a 'black ****' repeatedly. Despite the conversation, there was no need to racially abuse me. I detest racial abuse. Hopefully this will come up on google and he will lose business. He's barely literate anyway, sent me some pathetic text messages.

/End rant

<Mod Edit - Really don't need to know the exact word he called you. We can all guess it.>

Quoting for the Google search engine :P

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:33 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Quoting for the Google search engine :P
Are you sure of that Luke?

I'm not sure whether Googles spider is quick enough to pick up the fact that:

Peter from Whittlesea Bin Hire of 11-12 Cordell Crt Whittlesea VIC 3757 appears to be, on the balance of probabilities an 'orrible racist bit of work.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Laidlaym

Postby Laidlaym » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:52 pm

ajmit3 wrote:Moron motorist no 1 (in my book)

Peter from Whittlesea Bin Hire of 11-12 Cordell Crt Whittlesea VIC 3757

/Start rant

I was riding on Main Road Eltham, heading in a westerly direction. This guy in his bin truck with a skip bin just past the intersection passed me very closely, I may or may have not been in the process of protecting myself by taking up the whole lane... But I swear he shaved me way too close.

/End rant

<Mod Edit - Really don't need to know the exact word he called you. We can all guess it.>
Were you stopped at the Research shops shortly before this? I was going to say hello but couldn't think of any reason other than "nice bike".

Mark

RideLikeTheWind

Postby RideLikeTheWind » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:53 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:Quoting for the Google search engine :P
Are you sure of that Luke?

I'm not sure whether Googles spider is quick enough to pick up the fact that:

Peter from Whittlesea Bin Hire of 11-12 Cordell Crt Whittlesea VIC 3757 appears to be, on the balance of probabilities an 'orrible racist bit of work.
What the hell - everyone's doin' it.
No need for racism.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:15 pm

Don't nobody go Googling "Peter Whittlesea Bin Hire"...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

NhiTrac

Postby NhiTrac » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:39 am

What a moron this Peter from Whittlesea Bin Hire guy is. Dangerous driving and hurling racial abuse while representing a business. Ticks all the boxes for AVOID AT ALL COST!

On a more pleasant note, I've not come across a moron motorist for a very long time now.
FOCUS Cayo
BMC Teammachine SLR01

duncan16v

Postby duncan16v » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:00 am

This thing is getting a life of it's own: http://paper.li/PremierLimited/1357830513" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - went out to a little over 1000 Twitter users. The link to this story is under the Technology heading.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:45 am

Bit like summernights dooring, getting it out in the media indicates that 'you are being watched'.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Percrime

Postby Percrime » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:24 am

So Peter Whittlesea Bin Hire are the search terms for Google ? Moron need to be in there?

ajmit3

Postby ajmit3 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:08 pm

Thanks guys for all your support. He said his wife was a lawyer ! Very curious.

Not going to the police , don't have time I'm afraid . Hopefully done enough to show the world that he is a racist moron !
Last edited by ajmit3 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:11 pm

they work if you remove the https

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:22 pm

The first image linked by you wouldn't be accepted on this forum anyway as it contains a swear word.

EDIT: Oxford beat me to it...

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Why would you want to post up your mobile No. given what's going on? :?

cowled

Postby cowled » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:12 pm

dungee wrote:Apparently this was not dangerous, can't seem to get any action from the police on this. I'm going to head back to the station again this evening but the two previous occasions I've been jerked about and asked "what was wrong with that" I'm trying not to get too angry with them... I'll use Oxfords form this time.
dungee, I've sent you a PM. Would love it if you could write a letter to the Police Minister about your experiences with QPS and the 1m rule. I've written him a letter and I think it would be great if more cyclists could do the same. It would add some weight to our views on the issue. At the moment, the QPS have all the power and they are using that power to wilfully subvert a Government road safety initiative. We need to make our voices heard on this issue - load and clear.
Image 2015 Goal: 2,500km

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:40 pm

fat and old wrote:Why would you want to post up your mobile No. given what's going on? :?
That's Peter from Whittlesea Bin Hire's phone number, not ajmit3's phone number.

duncan16v

Postby duncan16v » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:54 pm

http://www.whitepages.com.au/business-l ... re-8331153" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/vic/south ... sting.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://creditorwatch.com.au/express/as ... /114311894" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:54 pm

Oxford wrote:LMAO, #1 search result, certainly deserves to be here now.
But not Whittlesea Bin Hire ... need to work that :)

Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:55 pm

ajmit3 wrote:Don't think the Dropbox links work :(
They need to be in a public folder in Dropbox.

Andrew

ajmit3

Postby ajmit3 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Thanks guys for the support. I am frankly amazed. Thanks once again. On second thoughts I'm gonna remove those pictures. I'm also going to invest in a front camera because statistically it seems that most accidents happen from the front... A fly 6 camera might have been a useful tool in this instance though.

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:37 pm

ajmit3 wrote:Thanks guys for the support. I am frankly amazed. Thanks once again. On second thoughts I'm gonna remove those pictures. I'm also going to invest in a front camera because statistically it seems that most accidents happen from the front... A fly 6 camera might have been a useful tool in this instance though.

It's pretty well been proven that the back camera will guarantee a front incident and vice-versa. :) I bought a $100-00 Mobius to try it out. If you are short of cash its a start. But only an 80 min battery.
It will go on the helmet nicley I would say. and only around 25 mm all up in width. If its not right for the bike it doubles as a dash cam and runs off a lead.
Pretty hard to beat the new fly 6 coming out though wit a projected 6 hrs battery life.
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Summernight wrote:This morning's inconsiderate, dangerous and illegal tray truck that:
1) enters and blocks an intersection when it was clear he wouldn't be able to fully clear the turn;
2) pulls into the bicycle lane without checking for bikes (ie. me) first; and
3) then turns left the WRONG WAY down a one way street.

Will shortly send an email to the company. When he started drifting across into the bike lane I didn't have much clearance room between him and the parked car. (Language warning- couldn't help myself)

Update from this: Police have decided not to charge the driver because:

1. I was (according to the driver) in his blind spot due to the length and size of his truck and the driver couldn't see where I was positioned at the time at the back of the truck (which means, IMO, to a normal person you would brake and wait until you definitely know it is clear, no? :roll: );
2. Council had blocked his access into the one-way street from the other end due to works so it wasn't an offence to turn the wrong way down the one-way street;
3. The driver was shocked when he saw the footage and apparently very remorseful and wanted the police to convey his apologies to me; and
4. The police have emphasised to the driver to be more cautious in the future regarding the possibility of drivers or cyclists in his blind spots.

Bit disappointed that I could have seriously been injured or worse by this incident and yet the SMIDS[Her] excuse is sufficient for the police. If the truck driver had been looking in his mirrors and aware of everything around him all the time like he should have and not accelerated as he moved into my lane to beat the traffic queue he would have seen I was there the whole time. Even me being in a designated bike lane isn't enough apparently.

At least the police talked to the driver so he knows cameras are watching his driving ability, right?...

:?

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:56 pm

Summernight wrote:
Summernight wrote:This morning's inconsiderate, dangerous and illegal tray truck that:
1) enters and blocks an intersection when it was clear he wouldn't be able to fully clear the turn;
2) pulls into the bicycle lane without checking for bikes (ie. me) first; and
3) then turns left the WRONG WAY down a one way street.

Will shortly send an email to the company. When he started drifting across into the bike lane I didn't have much clearance room between him and the parked car. (Language warning- couldn't help myself)

Update from this: Police have decided not to charge the driver because:

1. I was (according to the driver) in his blind spot due to the length and size of his truck and the driver couldn't see where I was positioned at the time at the back of the truck (which means, IMO, to a normal person you would brake and wait until you definitely know it is clear, no? :roll: );
2. Council had blocked his access into the one-way street from the other end due to works so it wasn't an offence to turn the wrong way down the one-way street;
3. The driver was shocked when he saw the footage and apparently very remorseful and wanted the police to convey his apologies to me; and
4. The police have emphasised to the driver to be more cautious in the future regarding the possibility of drivers or cyclists in his blind spots.

Bit disappointed that I could have seriously been injured or worse by this incident and yet the SMIDS[Her] excuse is sufficient for the police. If the truck driver had been looking in his mirrors and aware of everything around him all the time like he should have and not accelerated as he moved into my lane to beat the traffic queue he would have seen I was there the whole time. Even me being in a designated bike lane isn't enough apparently.

At least the police talked to the driver so he knows cameras are watching his driving ability, right?...

:?
I am getting the nasty feeling that if the driver has enough excuses for poor driving a bike rider is well and truly cast into the "too bad" basket.
It is similar to the "Thats life", "Next case", "File it" basket but bigger. :)
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

nafe

Postby nafe » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:01 pm

As a truck driver that area of the truck is not a blind spot if the mirrors are set and used correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:04 pm

Summernight wrote:1. I was (according to the driver) in his blind spot due to the length and size of his truck
the image on the right shows a vehicle in the green car driver's blind spot. you were definitely not in that - you were in the visible 'red' zone, further back.

duncan16v

Postby duncan16v » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:08 pm

The size of the blind spot gets infinitely large when you're not looking in your mirrors....