Queen's Birthday Ride

Redbull

Queen's Birthday Ride

Postby Redbull » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:48 pm

Whilst the rest of Australia worked today, how many from WA got out and had a play with their toys in the beautiful weather?

I killed my first 100 miler (170.3kms to be precise) down to Mandurah and back. Bonked with about 10-15kms to go and it was a bit horrible.

Sunburnt, tired, cramping but absolutely stoked.

Went with a couple of mates who made a long haul (for me) that much better.

RB
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:56 pm

jeez redbull you have come a long way in the last year! :shock: ...I take it you don't top the scales at 140kgs anymore?.Nice riding!!!.

nimm

Postby nimm » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:03 pm

I managed to get a ride in sat, sun, and today - just a little north of 170km for the 3 days so I'm happy!
/ Giant OCR / Go Vegan /

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:36 pm

I rode the MTB to Freo and back via some lovely sandy limestone country. It was only 32km in total, but it was fun. Dirt always brings a smile to my face and a certain hardness in my lycra.

Legs, that is. :)

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:19 am

I did my first decent ride for some months ~80km to the end of the Kwinana Freeway and back yesterday. Been meaning to do that ride for years. Never had previously gone further south than Armadale Road. Quite happy with it.... and perfect weather!

Some lower back pain on the return stretch. Had to stop and stretch a couple of times. The FG is a bit less forgiving, not being able to coast/stand and do the same.. Probably time to swap around stems and seatpost if I want to keep up the longer rides - and finally crack that tonne.
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

toofat

Postby toofat » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:47 am

also went down the Kwinana, felt really good going down so I decided to go on past the detour till the computer clocked 50km.

that's when they turned on the headwind, not much of one but by 70km the legs were jelly, i'd done all the right things, left with a slight hangover, no breakfast and only one banana, had to stop twice on the way back, the last 10km was ok but 60 to 80 was horrible.

that was the first 100 the last unless there is a cafe halfway, was really looking forward to a food break at the bright red kiosk under the narrows,no shut again, anyhow have some water and HTFU

cray-

Postby cray- » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:07 am

I went out on my first ride in over 5 weeks. I had [still have sorta] a bad case of whooping cough which put me right out of action for awhile and still got a lingering cough and some breathing issues. Not fun at all.

Decided to just do my usual 45km run up kwinny from Jandakot to the city and back. Bit of wind in the arvo which didn't seem to help going either direction. Felt OK but not great, decided to skip Mount St and Kings Park and do the South Perth Foreshore loop instead. After about 30km my legs where shot and the ride home was damn hard work. The last 15km home was averaging around 15km/h when I'm usually between 25-30km/h.

Probably should have started out with something a bit easier untill I get my legs back. A bit surprised that I lost so much form in such a relatively short time frame. Oh well, can only get better again. Hope the weather helps out.