BNA Ultimate Cycling Jersey - $29

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

BNA Ultimate Cycling Jersey - $29

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:47 pm

Dear Forum Members,

The Australian Cycling Forum has been presented with an opportunity by a Chinese based cyclingwear manufacturer, Monton Sports. They are offering us 50 custom cycling jerseys in return for a review from each recipient.

The company gets marketing value; access to Australian cyclists to their introduce their brand to them. Forum members get nice jersey for a low cost. And there is another winner…

The BNA Ultimate Jerseys will cost $29 including postage (Aus-wide) which I am certain you will agree is an awesome price. All proceeds (minus postage / costs) will be donated to the Black Dog Institute charity as part of my fundraising target.

BNA Ultimate Cycling Jersey Details
• The cycling jersey is only available to registered forum members
• Members with more posts and longer membership will have priority
• This is private, no GST and also no returns or warranty
• There is only a mens (race / slim cut) jersey

And in return, recipients are obliged to write a jersey review in this thread.
If you are not prepared or organised enough to do this, hold back and let others have a chance.

Please Note
It is inevitable that some members will miss out and we ask for your understanding.
If you have already donated direct to my fundraising, please note this in the comments during sign-up.

Sign-Up Process
You need to sign-up by clicking through the following link.
Registration will close on Wednesday May 6.
Successful recipients will receive an email with payment details.

Sign-up for the BNA Ultimate Cycling Jersey >

About Monton Sports
Monton Sports is located in Shenzen, China and since 2002 have aimed to raise the bar as a Chinese manufacturer. They have their own range and also supply European and US brands and teams with custom cycling wear. Their brand has also been targeted by copycats and they are keen to distance themselves from low quality and counterfeit suppliers and retailers. website: montonsports.com

About the Charity
I am taking part in a charity cycling event riding 150km a day from Adelaide to Darwin and each rider is fundraising with proceeds going to the Black Dog Institute. The non-profit organisation diagnosis, treats and prevents mental illness. In context, suicide is the number 1 cause of death in Australia for people aged 18 - 40 and the Black Dog Institute is working to change this.

If you are not interested in the jersey, but would like to find out more about the TourXOz fundraising and make a donation, here is more information.

Thank you
Christopher / AuBicycles / Admin
Cycling is in my BNA

utedeej

Re: BNA Ultimate Cycling Jersey - $29

Postby utedeej » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:12 pm

Nice one and good idea.

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:33 pm

Sizing looks tiny so I'm not bothering
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:10 pm

Apparently this is why small guys like asian girls, makes them feel huge :D

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:32 pm

I've intentionally put in for my usual size just to see what happens, and that will form part of the review (assuming I am chosen of course)
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:40 pm

Despite the sizing chart? If it were on Wiggle I'd thumbs down your review as unhelpful if you said sizing was too small, when internationally markets vary and they are reasonable to provide size charts with imperial or metric measurements so everyone can rely on some real common metrics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measurement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:50 pm

eldavo wrote:Despite the sizing chart? If it were on Wiggle I'd thumbs down your review as unhelpful if you said sizing was too small, when internationally markets vary and they are reasonable to provide size charts with imperial or metric measurements so everyone can rely on some real common metrics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measurement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I compared the sizing chart to the Champion System sizing chart that also shows me as a 2XL despite the fact I wear a Large CS Jersey, so any review is not "gee your sizes are small", but will be a measure of a) how they compare to sizes of other makes, and b) does the finished product accurately match the sizing chart provided, because I know I measured some of my CS Kit, and it was not even close to the chart.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

QuangVuong

Postby QuangVuong » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:58 pm

I can say that the sizing chart is pretty good. I measured my M sized Monton Jersey, and it's pretty much the same as the chart.

S, M, L, etc are subjective sizes. They're all different between different brands. The cm sizing will be more accurate to find your size, assuming the given chart is correct.
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Fri May 01, 2015 12:06 am

Fair enough on the latter, reasonable to judge their product meeting their claimed size from their chart they provided prior to order.
However marking them down for their sizing being different to a competitor's sizing they make no reference or ties to... where's Judge Judy to make this quick.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri May 01, 2015 12:33 am

I will stress to them that everyone is carefully chosing from the provided sizing chart.
Cycling is in my BNA

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri May 01, 2015 12:37 am

eldavo wrote:Fair enough on the latter, reasonable to judge their product meeting their claimed size from their chart they provided prior to order.
However marking them down for their sizing being different to a competitor's sizing they make no reference or ties to... where's Judge Judy to make this quick.
Unfortunately there is no standard sizing system in place, otherwise it would be easy. The purpose of a review is to evaluate a product and provide unbiased information about it. I haven't said anything about marking them down for sizing. I just put myself down for a size that I wear in 90% of cases, regardless of who makes that gear. If the review ends up being "the sizes are on the small side, so make sure you go 2 or 3 sizes larger than usual", that is something I would consider useful in a review, unless of course it turns out the sizing chart is rubbish, in which case I'd be pointing out that fact instead.
All hypothetical at the moment anyway, but I am going to be completely objective about it.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri May 01, 2015 9:05 am

On the size, this is what Monton Sports have written:

The fabric is highly stretch. And the cut is slim cut.

This generally means for a comfort fit, you tend to go up a size. Is just depends how tight you like the polyester to be, how sexy you think it will make you look and how long you feel that family, friends and complete strangers can tolerate you in the kit.
Cycling is in my BNA

2wheels_mond

Postby 2wheels_mond » Fri May 01, 2015 9:15 am

Do you know which of the fabrics listed on the Monton site is being used in this jersey?

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri May 01, 2015 9:39 am

I can ask.
Cycling is in my BNA

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Fri May 01, 2015 1:39 pm

If selected I will have one xxxl in super stretch please. :-) Reckon its gunna fit me? Nope. But yep sure can review it and besides makes a pretty good keepsake for only $29! Or I might be totally surprised.
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Fri May 01, 2015 2:06 pm

rodneycc wrote:If selected I will have one xxxl in super stretch please. :-) Reckon its gunna fit me? Nope. But yep sure can review it and besides makes a pretty good keepsake for only $29! Or I might be totally surprised.
I've had a jersey sitting in my draw for over a year that only now fits me. Use the BNA jersey as your goal jersey. It's what you'll fit into, wear, and then give away because it's too big.

Walastik

Postby Walastik » Fri May 01, 2015 2:32 pm

I'm looking at the quality of their gears as well as we have a social club that are looking to get a supplier to do custom kits for us. Hopefully, i'll get selected :0

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri May 01, 2015 3:19 pm

Walastik... better put that in your comments!
Cycling is in my BNA

Calvin27

Postby Calvin27 » Fri May 01, 2015 3:28 pm

I'd normally jump on this but have no idea. I fit the L measurement perfectly (measured against my jersey). But the description is 70kg and I weight 15kg more!
Heavy road bike
Cushy dirt bike
Very cushy dirt bike
Bike crushed by car (RIP)
No brakes bike
Ebike

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Fri May 01, 2015 3:30 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:
rodneycc wrote:If selected I will have one xxxl in super stretch please. :-) Reckon its gunna fit me? Nope. But yep sure can review it and besides makes a pretty good keepsake for only $29! Or I might be totally surprised.
I've had a jersey sitting in my draw for over a year that only now fits me. Use the BNA jersey as your goal jersey. It's what you'll fit into, wear, and then give away because it's too big.
Hey BFV, Already got a few goal jerseys (jersies? sp?) and that is last years BNA jersey, A yellow TDF jersey and the Rainbow World Champ Jersey all in either 2XL or 3xl. Will be interesting where this one fits in so I can have a good whinge to the manufacturers how stupid jersey sizing is to begin with (I blame small Italian midgets who began it!) :-)

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri May 01, 2015 6:35 pm

According to their chart I'm an XXL :shock: Let's see what happens if I'm chosen.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Fri May 01, 2015 9:12 pm

Btw the new BNA kit jersey only just fits in 3xl. Better than the last BNA jersey fit wise.... shame there is no 4xl ( I do have one if those from china but its got a huge flappy neck!). The latest BNA one has got a great neck for 3xl and shoulders are passable just a smidge short at the front (if the length at the front and back was the same it would of been perfect - its that darn slim cut when you are not that slim what's the prob!)

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue May 05, 2015 11:15 am

Some feedback - actually arrived earlier though I didn't have the chance to post sooner.

Regarding the fabric:
The fabric is Hex-mesh, 100% Polyester:

Regarding sizes, Monton has also confirmed that their sizing does differ and is it usual that the sizes are small that their customers may be used to with other suppliers.

I also have an updated design shortly - same format with the Monton logo on the left breast and also on the rear (medium sized) towards the neck, between the shoulder blades. They are being very accommodating for the logo additions, not to dominant as to significantly impact the aesthetic design.
Cycling is in my BNA

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Tue May 05, 2015 11:22 am

Think I might pull the plug then.... If the sizing is small then I doubt its going to fit. Sounds a bit like Castelli sizing which usually means trouble for me... Thanks Anyway.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue May 05, 2015 2:18 pm

No probs. I am usually an L with 50cm chest (measured on an flat jersey) and while the size chart says I am an L, the length is a bit short so I will go for an XL.

The suggested rider weight and height should be ignored.
Cycling is in my BNA