05.05.2007 - kellevie 12/24hour

agent laraby

05.05.2007 - kellevie 12/24hour

Postby agent laraby » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:31 pm

PRESS RELEASE
Hot from the success of hosting Round 2 of the Australian National Mountain Bike Series, the Hobart Dirt Devils will be presenting Tassie's very first 24 hour Mountain Bike endurance event. The action will take place on May 5, 2007 at Kellevie in Tasmania's South East.

Located in the Sorell Municipality, Kellevie is only 25 minutes from the Hobart International Airport. Further details will be posted in the New Year on www.kellevie24.com

Planning is well underway for this event with the promoters continuing to build quality tracks and develop the race venue. Kellevie 24 hour will be another memorable Dirt Devil event, so start training and planning now!

There are also a myriad of tracks and places to camp in the area and across the State, so why not consider extending your stay to explore the riding and adventure on offer.

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:02 pm

Okay Laraby, having made your first post an ad for your event, I assume you're going to follow it up with a report complete with photos of the most 'interesting' bingles :D

Richard
seriously, that sort of report is part of what this place is here for.

agent laraby

kellevie 12/24hour press release

Postby agent laraby » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:31 pm

you have the wrong sonatra, my name isnt richard

and yep we will post all the carnage and further event details.

cheers dg

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:46 am

Yep, its always great to hear what happens in the events, please keep us informed (even a few photos are nice).

agent laraby

update k24

Postby agent laraby » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:50 am

hi just an update for those interested

there has been some excellent work done by trail volunteeers with a now rideable track around 9ks long with a couple of weekends work it will be sweet as, it already fun but we will be be ironing out things further to cater for the derranged endurance riders state of mind.

the race wbsite will functional by the end of february for reg, maps logistic details etc.

cheers duncan giblin

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Re: update k24

Postby europa » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:54 am

agent laraby wrote:hi just an update for those interested

there has been some excellent work done by trail volunteeers with a now rideable track around 9ks long with a couple of weekends work it will be sweet as, it already fun but we will be be ironing out things further to cater for the derranged endurance riders state of mind.

the race wbsite will functional by the end of february for reg, maps logistic details etc.

cheers duncan giblin
And I'm guessing one of your jobs is to ride around it countless times ... just to make sure it's good enough :wink:

Richard

agent laraby

Postby agent laraby » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:07 am

yes i have to ride around it to ensure its suitability and wear in a line

its only 20 minute from my house and surrounded by insane trail riding

the humanity of it all !!!

somehow ill mange for the cause

agent laraby

k24 update

Postby agent laraby » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:56 am

track is looking good.

basic website is up and running. you can use this to regeister interest in the event.

cheers duncan giblin

agent laraby

k24 race registration

Postby agent laraby » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:29 pm

hi you can now register on line, google kellevie24 to get to site ( i am unable post site UR L on this forum )

over 4k in spot and category prizes up for grabs

cheers dg

heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby heavymetal » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:41 pm

The web site is here.

I'll be moving to Hobart in July. I'll be checking this track out after I get the new MTB :twisted:

drawn2mel

Postby drawn2mel » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:39 am

I'm thinking of doing this, maybe in a team. The more riders, the more carnage right! I saw a good stack Sunday,.. Carbon bottle holders are good, but they don't hold up so well when they hit the dirt, add to that, new helmets n sunnies n I don't think the day was all that fun for some.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:18 pm

Image Agent Laraby is assigned to operation Kellevie24
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

drawn2mel

Postby drawn2mel » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:23 am

agent laraby.. this is 99, is your name duncan.. R u a southern pedaller? :?:

agent laraby

Postby agent laraby » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:07 am

im in the letter box behind you !

99 do mean am i part of the southern pedlers mtb club then the answer is no. am i in the south and ride then the answer is yep. im not really part of any club me and a guy from another club are puting this on.

my name could be duncan but hell ill be anyone for 5 bucks .

thanx for puting the link up hm

course map goes up this week on the site.

oh yeah online rego is up and running

cheers dg

drawn2mel

Postby drawn2mel » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:22 am

oh, I see.. I've met some southern pedals guys n thought u might have been on their team. Hey, so can u tell me what day you r going to put the course map up? Unless you already have, and in that case just ignore that!

agent laraby

course map

Postby agent laraby » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:09 pm

yeah it should be up in the next few days,
if you pm me with your email then i can send you one.

also they are going into bike shops this week.

name is duncan but not on the southern pedals team im entering a marshall team with other race crews

people are starting to get amped and weve got a lot of interest, im loooking forward to it.

agent laraby

kellevie ride day 15th April

Postby agent laraby » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:10 am

we had 80 riders turn up during the day,
it was great to get everyones feedback and to see people enjoying the track.

i would like to thank people for their patience with the course marking. as we have to ensure the property can remain active for other uses it only gets its full bunting on race day. rest assured kilometres of marking bunting have been orded and the track will be well marked for the event.

we will open a couple of sections up and bench out a couple of places based on how the track rode and feddback from you guys
thanks to everyone who has worked on the track, thanks everyone who turned up for a great day.
dg

agent laraby

k24 update

Postby agent laraby » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:24 pm

race map is finally up on the website
cheers dg

agent laraby

race report written by dave posted by me,pictures next week

Postby agent laraby » Sun May 13, 2007 8:50 pm

Over 190 riders, made up of 15 solo riders and 46 teams, came out to Bernard Woolley's farm to compete in Tasmania's first 24 hour endurance event hosted by the Dirt Devils MTB club.

Gale force conditions and the prediction of rain worried the organisers a little on the Friday night. The first tent was lost at about 5pm and a further 4 went that night. However by morning the wind had dropped out and the sky had cleared into a glorious day.

Many of the competitors looked a little wary as they lined up for the traditional LeMons start. Not because of the prospect of riding for a full 24 hours but more about Bernard starting the race with a starting gun. Within two minutes the hopes of the single-speed community getting a win in a solo category were dashed as Clinton Turner crashed heavily and broke his collar bone.
-Clinton asked me to pass on his thanks to the St. Johns /tas fire service guys for helping him out.

First through after one lap was John (The Driver) Gregory closely followed by Kris Clauson, Ben Grieve-Johnson, Andrew Fellows and Richard Wilkinson (not necessarily in that order as the timing had gone on the fritz and it was all getting hastily written on a scrap of paper).

While conditions were good the guys were banging out laps in the low thirties and on his second lap Phil Madsen did a 29:38 which was never eclipsed. The only other two to go under the 30 minute mark were Simon Fielding and John Gregory.

Lap times then slowly increased as the paddock sections turned. These were originally thought to be the areas that would provide a rest for riders but soon they turned in to a slog fest especially for the larger riders. People were trying new lines everywhere and what were 8 inch wide pieces of track became massive sections of mud.

In the Solo Male category Andrew Fellows and Dirt Devils rider Ben Grieve-Johnson were punching out early laps that put a lot of the teams to shame. Ben started to pull away in the third and fourth laps creating a 20 minute gap by lap 7. However by lap 10 Ben's lights had failed and the gap was down to 3 minutes.

Ben went to bed leaving Fellows and Greg Dwyer to take over the front positions. The end of the race saw Fellows finishing with 29 laps and Greg Dwyer on 25 laps. Ben made it in for third with 19 laps one in front of Scottie Williams.

The Solo women was taken out by Eleanor Patterson the reigning women's Vets National Champion. Eleanor did 12 laps lapping consistently in the high 40's. She did however do an eight hour lap and appeared very refreshed afterwards.

The 12 hour saw Luke Jordan win with 13 laps followed by Nicholas Parrott who completed 12. Brent Ranson came in thrid with 11 laps on an old rigid clunker. The female 12 hour solo was taken out by Melissa de Clouet who completed 7 laps.

The Teams event was won overall by team "We don't like to be labelled". This team made up of Adrian Cooper, Chris Ringk, John Gregory and Peter Oliver did 40 laps. This was one lap more than the Cyclingo All Stars (second), the Ay-up Torpedos in Tuxedos (third) and the Cyclingo Outlaws (fourth). All these teams were four man teams and this category was the most hotly contested with 17 teams enetered. They even held off the winning mixed team team (5 person) Fetish for Freida who finished 38 laps.

The other category winners were:
Pairs Male 24: FIIK
Pairs Mixed 24: Pip and Marcus

Teams 3/4 Male 24: We don't like to be labelled
Teams 3/4 Female 24: Ice Queens
Teams 3/4 Mixed 24: The Elders have Spoken

Teams 5/6 Male 24:Team Stumpjumper/Ray Appleby Cycles
Teams 5/6 Female 24: Cyclingo Chicks
Teams 5/6 Mixed 24: Fetish for Frieda

Pairs Male 12: Walls and McPherson
Pairs Female 12: Team Steps

Teams 3/4 Male 12: Wednesday Knights
Teams 3/4 Female 12: Girlie MTB
Teams 3/4 Mixed: McBain Cycles

The three d's (Dave, Duncan and the Dirt Devils) would like to thank all the people that made the event possible. The sponsors, the marshals, people that came over and helped with timing, the competitors,tas fire service, St Johns, the Kellevie Progress Association, food vendors and of course Bernard.

the statesky.com $500 dash for cash was won by one of the praties riders
Last edited by agent laraby on Sat May 26, 2007 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun May 13, 2007 9:24 pm

Thanks for the report, looking for to the photos!

agent laraby

sshhhhh secret squirrel

Postby agent laraby » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:16 pm

last weekend in march 08 :wink: