WA Fourmites Saturday Ride - November in the Hills?

What Date? Hills Forget the Hills!

Poll ended at Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:47 am

November 8 - 8:00 AM?
25%
November 22 - 8:00 AM?
17%
Man I am cool, I am easy, either date for me
50%
Hills? No way!
8%

Total votes: 12
Aushiker

WA Fourmites Saturday Ride - November in the Hills?

Postby Aushiker » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:46 am

G'day

At the last forum ride it was suggested to try a ride in the hills or northern suburbs so I thought I would get the ball rolling and shoot for the stars, ah the hills.

Any suggestions on a ride route? Coffee shop? I have a booklet on hill rides I think so may check that out but if the locals have ideas please do spill the beans.

The suggested dates are November 8 or 22 with an 8:00 AM start to beat the heat. Normal plan of around 2 hours.

Thoughts?

crazycanuck

too late

Postby crazycanuck » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:28 pm

8am is too late for me. I'd rather start at 6am when the roads are quiet.

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:45 pm

.. and dark? Daylight savings will be in by then.
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

James Quinton

Postby James Quinton » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:52 pm

Hi

I'd be keen.

But I dont think two hours is long enough for a ride to the hills and back, especially if you're stopping for coffee.

For example, from Bayswater it takes about 2 hours to Kalamunda and back, stopping to fill up water in Stirk park.

I assume you would want to leave from the narrows or thereabouts, which would take longer.

Apologies if I'm being a stickler.

James

Matty

Postby Matty » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:47 pm

Probably won't be able to make the 8th of November so my vote for the 22nd. But if I can't make it I'm not too fussed.

I think a slightly earlier start would be advisable (oh my god I'm suggesting getting up earlier!). 7-7:30am. Takes a while to get up to the hills and the days are only getting hotter.

I'd suggest a route up Welshpool road and then back down the zig-zag, stopping for coffee in Kalamunda. Fairly typical route and about 60km return and not too strenuous.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:53 pm

G'day

Sorry I didn't make myself clear or did I? :-) The discussion was about a ride IN the hills, not a ride to the hills (well you can do that as well). This was more for those who live in the area and wanted a ride in the area. Our past rides have been Freo-City-Freo ones which suits me and Graeme.

The time is based on feedback in respect to the past three rides. If people want different start times or rides then please organise a ride.

Just remember this is a planned social ride for forum members to catch up ... Surly it is not that hard to get over a different start time? :wink:

Andrew
Last edited by Aushiker on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:43 pm

I've voted for the 8th, but may not be able to make either. I'll go with which ever is decided, if I'm available.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

wilko72

Postby wilko72 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:08 pm

Thanks for organising Andrew,

Idrove up Welshpool Road yesterday to Lesmurdie....christ how am I meant to go up there on a bike. Would love to give it a go thou and the 22nd would probably be better as long as work doesnt get in the way.

Evan

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:56 am

wilko72 wrote:Thanks for organising Andrew,

Idrove up Welshpool Road yesterday to Lesmurdie....christ how am I meant to go up there on a bike. Would love to give it a go thou and the 22nd would probably be better as long as work doesnt get in the way.

Evan
Hi Evan

You can drive and then ride you know :-) Have you voted? I need the votes so I can see which date is working out best :-)

Thanks
Andrew

DAVCLARE

Postby DAVCLARE » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:57 am

Hi Andrew.
I,m in and voted ,
Matty, s idea sounds good , i have not riden in the hills as much so my view is limited at the moment .

David

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:27 am

G'day

Give the GPBR is on November 22 and it now looks like I will be out on the 9th (partner commitments) I am going to have to pull out of this but if anyone wants to take up the running, please do so.

Anyone?

Andrew

chalkie

Postby chalkie » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:48 pm

Any forumites doing a Saturday or Sunday group social ride anytime in December? I enjoyed the October? one, even on the hybrid but now I have a secret weapon to make keeping up easier (in theory)

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:41 am

chalkie wrote:Any forumites doing a Saturday or Sunday group social ride anytime in December? I enjoyed the October? one, even on the hybrid but now I have a secret weapon to make keeping up easier (in theory)
:lol: Good to hear :)

Andrew