Riverloop

muggah

Riverloop

Postby muggah » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:34 pm

I've been working in Milton and staying in New Farm for half the week of late and I've started to getting out and explore on the bike.

I had a shot at the riverloop (http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Br ... River-Ride) this morning and it wasn't a bad ride. I started on the southbank side and continued up to the tennis centre (AT) tennyson. From here it got a tad confusing and I was running short on time so I chucked a 180 and cruised back, crossed the bridge (AT) UQ and finished the loop off down northern side of the river.

A few questions:

It seemed that the vast majority were doing the loop in the opposite direction, is there a reason for this?

Are there any shop or group rides leaving from the southbank area (which don't mind a new face)?

Any other rides in or around the city worth a look?

Any help much appreciated :D

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:01 pm

Re the River Loop. Basically, keep turning right once you get off Fairfield Rd with the exception of a left onto King Arthur Drive. Following that rule you'll get to the Indooroopilly Bridge. Funnily enough, running the River Loop the other way is all lefts!

Re riding the Loop in the opposite direction - not really, other than there are no turns across major roads. Just a bit safer.

Mt Coot-tha is also a good wake up ride in the morning. You can get there via Milton. There is a bit of traffic though.

Shop rides I can't help you with

baarg

Postby baarg » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:34 pm

what are shop rides?

beauyboy

Postby beauyboy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:47 pm

Shop rides are group rides that are organised by bike shops.

Donald
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated

uncle arthur

Postby uncle arthur » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:43 pm

Muggah - let us know your riding standard and experience, and no doubt some one here can suggest a couple of the shop rides you might look to do that will be within that standard.

Wednesday is usually hardcore day, while Friday is the more social ride pace.

Lots of bike shops all over the city have a shop ride focussed on the river loop.
What is it with cycling? 30+ kmh and lycra???!!!