Did anyone hear a tsunami warning?

tuco

Did anyone hear a tsunami warning?

Postby tuco » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:32 am

Good warning system we have.

I didn't even know there was a warning. I don't listen to the radio at work. I can't stand listening to the radio anytime. The announcers are so annoying and don't start me on those adverts! Must be getting old.

Obviously none of my customers knew either as none mentioned it when they came in.

Got home from work and I vaguely heard something on TV about a tsunami on one of those local news updates and just put it down as the TV news putting in a late Aprils fool joke since they missed out with it being on a Sunday.

Later as we were driving off for a run up the hill my daughter asked if we would be in danger from a tsunami. Still thought it was a late April fool hoax.

We live 7km from the coast and about 8m above sea level.

Willis Island is out in the Coral Sea and apparently a few BoM staff had to physically wander around the island looking for signs of a sea level rise. That's about the extent of the early warning system.

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:36 pm

I knew about it but wasn't worried because there wasn't a race planned :D

I heard about it on the woodworking forum, and only there because there are quite a few woodies up in the affected area.

Richard

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:51 pm

europa wrote:I knew about it but wasn't worried because there wasn't a race planned :D

I heard about it on the woodworking forum, and only there because there are quite a few woodies up in the affected area.

Richard
Heeeee's aaallliiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!! :roll:

tuco

Postby tuco » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:23 pm

MichaelB wrote:
europa wrote:I knew about it but wasn't worried because there wasn't a race planned :D

Richard
Heeeee's aaallliiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!! :roll:
And only writing short posts. Fingers must still be sore.

He could go on that silly new TV show 'I shouldn't be alive' or whatever it's called.