Fat Cyclist Fans

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Fat Cyclist Fans

Postby Kalgrm » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:19 am

Those of you who visit The Fat Cyclist blog regularly might want to drop in and offer some emotional support. Susan's brain tumours are rampant and Elden is doing it tough. They have essentially given up trying to treat the cancer and are now concentrating on keeping Susan lucid so all can enjoy their last days together.

Even if you've never replied to his stories before, now might be a good time to show your support.

Regards,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

crazycanuck

support

Postby crazycanuck » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:25 pm

My heart sank the other day when i read the blog & had no idea what to say in this situation.

I just hope he can say exactly what he needs to to Susan before they can't talk at all.

I feel like a dork posting a message on his blog. I've never been in that situation & don't know the right words.

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:57 pm

Yeah, me too. But I still had to say something, just to offer support.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:42 pm

Yep the latest post I read was incredibly sad.
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

b4igo

Postby b4igo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:40 pm

Wow. I must say the last couple of days I have read things via this forum that have truly amazed me. The difficult times others face, and the inspiration they provide to others through their positive outlook is astounding. It certainly provides perspective for the insignificant problems the rest of us face on the odd occasion.

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:54 pm

Like I tell my friends and family.

"Theres a difference between an inconvenience and a problem."

Too many of us think that inconveniences are problems when in the scheme of things they are small beer.

A lump in your porridge is not the same as a lump in your throat or a lump in your breast.
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

pooja84

Re: Fat Cyclist Fans

Postby pooja84 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:39 pm

I really feel very bad and can't say anything. I am speechless. Hope they keep on smiling and pass these bad days.

Supe

Re: support

Postby Supe » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:46 pm

crazycanuck wrote:My heart sank the other day when i read the blog & had no idea what to say in this situation.

I just hope he can say exactly what he needs to to Susan before they can't talk at all.

I feel like a dork posting a message on his blog. I've never been in that situation & don't know the right words.
Ditto. Perfectly summed up my feelings on posting in those situations. Often, the 'right words' are borrowed from other people as people resort to clichés.