Ipswich Winter Series (AT) Chandler

foo on patrol

Ipswich Winter Series (AT) Chandler

Postby foo on patrol » Fri May 27, 2016 4:34 pm

Looking forward to this. First one on the 25-6-16 :D

https://www.facebook.com/events/1746960118918944/

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Re: Ipswich Winter Series (AT) Chandler

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:06 pm

This is on next Saturday, the first of 4. :mrgreen:

I'm down for C-grade and will be interested in how I go. 2 x sprint events and 2 x enduro events. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:40 pm

Don't beat them by too much foo, let them feel like they are doing well (before you roll them).

:)

Cheers,

Cameron

brentono

Postby brentono » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:18 am

Just dropped back in and noticed your still at it Foo. Great to see your still giving it a go!
All the best on Saturday, with the smarts you should put in a good show.
Will keep an eye out how it goes. Kick ass.
Cheers
:mrgreen:
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:39 pm

Thanks Brenton, hope you have been well? :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:40 pm

ironhanglider wrote:Don't beat them by too much foo, let them feel like they are doing well (before you roll them).

:)

Cheers,

Cameron
:lol: :lol: More like the other way round, Cameron. :mrgreen:

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:10 pm

Well it twaz a afternoon of racing and I got to put a face to a name from here. It was Marto and the yougin gave me some stick in the points score.

The first was a Flying 200mtr followed by a 14 lap Scratch race followed by the Venue Blaster followed by a 20 lap Points Score.

Finished in the first 7 in each event and best was 5th in the crazy 4 lap C-grade Venue Buster. :mrgreen:

Any of you other riders in the general area, get ya butts to the next one as it is a good event to keep ya tuned during the off season. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

Marto

Postby Marto » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:57 am

foo on patrol wrote:Well it twaz a afternoon of racing and I got to put a face to a name from here. It was Marto and the yougin gave me some stick in the points score.

The first was a Flying 200mtr followed by a 14 lap Scratch race followed by the Venue Blaster followed by a 20 lap Points Score.

Finished in the first 7 in each event and best was 5th in the crazy 4 lap C-grade Venue Buster. :mrgreen:

Any of you other riders in the general area, get ya butts to the next one as it is a good event to keep ya tuned during the off season. :wink:

Foo
Nice to meet you, Foo. Good work on the Venue Blaster, it was fast, close and hectic in that one.

That was a fun day of racing. That was my pal Rohan who you were dicing with in the Points race. I just went for point on the first bell (got 3rd), and then pulled out.

My hopes were to do well in the flying 200m and 4 lap Venue Blaster. I was over-geared for the flying 200m in the windy conditions, so ended up grinding in the acceleration part, so was still accelerating down the bank after the start line rather than being at top speed already. The headwind on the back straight didn't help. My time of 13.11 was 1 second off my PB.

I got fourth in the venue blaster which was okay.

You might have noticed, Foo, that other riders didn't want to take turns down the back straight into the headwind. They often swapped in time to sit in there. Tricky buggers!

This is a great chance to get track skills for local trackies before the more serious events later in the year. There's no other track racing on locally through winter, so get on down there if you can.

Good on Ipswich Cycling Club for organising this series. It's becoming a valued fixture in the track calendar.

Marto

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:39 pm

Dunno what my 200 was as it was gone before I thought to look. :( I had nothing left in the tank, after the third sprint in the Points Score but surprised that the two of us could stay away from the others :shock: after the other three left us behind after the third sprint. :mrgreen:

Foo
Goal 6000km

Marto

Postby Marto » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:37 am

Hi Foo,

Michelle Snodgrass has put the 200m times, and other results up on the Winter Racing Series facebook page.

200m times: https://www.facebook.com/26126332059762 ... =3&theater

* You can click the left and right arrow on that page for the other results.

Cheers,

Marto

Marto

Postby Marto » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:49 am

Some shots of Foo and me in the Venue Blaster. Some heavy traffic to get to the front there!

I have white helmet and blue bike; Foo has an Ipswich Cycling Club top.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:51 am

That 200mtr time, was .4sec quicker than a month ago, so that improvement, I'm happy with. :D It's only 2.82secs slower than my best. :lol: :lol:

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:53 am

I'm going to have a ride on one of those new CSD bikes at the next one, because I hate the frame that I have :evil: and will be the last time that I listen to others about frame sizing. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:07 am

Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:10 am

The next round of this is on, next Saturday. 8)

Foo
Goal 6000km

brentono

Postby brentono » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:15 am

Thanks Gary. Doing OK and going steady. All the best for your next run at it
As you already know, it's just step by step. Up! :wink:
:mrgreen:
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:41 pm

Thanks Brenton and that's good to hear. :)

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:47 pm

Twaz cancelled, due to the bloody rain. :( I/we will be so happy when, the Velodrome is opened. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:53 am

The next one in this series is on tomorrow. You can nominate on the day, so get onto it, ya slack Trackies in the area. :mrgreen:

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:39 pm

A top day with the weather, for Chandler. :D

The wash up from the hurt session is...............
Only good enough for 6th placing in the Scratch race, 6th in the qualifier of the 2 lap Derby, 5th in the Elimination, only through my own stupid fault and then got thrown into the B-grade Robin ride off, due to missing the C-grade final that I didn't know that I was in and got 2nd in that. Don't get excited, there was only three of us but I did best my top speed from last time there. Hahaha :lol:
The Elimination, I had the perfect position, 2nd wheel and was doing it easy. Then I'm thinking that I still had another couple of riders to go out, before I had to extract my finger, to make it to the last three.....Wrrroong, No. 2, you're out! Doh :(

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:24 pm

The next round of this is next weekend, so get down there. :) You can register on the day, so now excuses. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:19 pm

Another fantastic day of racing is done and dusted. :mrgreen:

A good roll up today in all divisions from the midgets to the A-grade. :wink:

Marto was improved from the first round and gave it to the Fat Bastard. :lol:

Foo
Goal 6000km

Marto

Postby Marto » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:11 pm

Thanks Foo,

Good fun day of racing again. Pity I missed round 2 due to flu.

I was aiming for a top 3 in the Kieran qualifying, but I took a flyer way too early and dropped off in the final straight. Need better timing next time. In the 6-lap venue blaster, I found myself in the lead with 1 lap to go, but could hold it for a first place :D

I went for points only in the first sprint of the 20 lap points race, but only got 5th. Not much in the tank, maybe as I've been doubling my kms each week for the last 4 weeks.

Got to have a quick chat with Foo before the first race, as well as a bunch of other cycling pals through the afternoon.

Good times, so get out and give it a go.

The next round is September the 3rd, and should be almost the same as round 4 last year.

Round 4 program from last year: https://www.facebook.com/trackseries/ph ... =3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/trackseries/ph ... =3&theater

Marto

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:00 am

Keep an eye on that young CATS rider, Marto. We will be hearing a lot more about him, in the future. He won the U15 Keirin at the Nationals in his first year and he is only 14yrs. :shock:

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:16 am

It's on again today so get on down there. Blue skies windy perfect temp, what more could you ask for? :mrgreen:

Foo
Goal 6000km