Bike24 delivery times?

Rioli2Gunstall

Re: Bike24 delivery times?

Postby Rioli2Gunstall » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:38 am

Leaf T wrote:I've had the odd discrepancy but it has always worked out well. You'll have to get that compliance sticker replaced now :wink:
How should i do this? I tried to peel the one of of my old helmet and it started voiding! Nazis. This one does meet AS but doesnt come with the sticker.

Leaf T

Postby Leaf T » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:59 am

Sorry I don't know. Hair dryer?

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:20 pm

There may be differences in the helmets and the EU helmet technically not compliant to the Australian standards.

As an example, I have a KASK vertigo and the Australian edition has some very subtle differences to the European version. While I can't comment on whether this is crucial for the Australian version helmet to satisfy the standards testing - unless you have an exception (medical certificate or exemption because you have religious headwear) it is best to buy an Australian approved helmet.

The non-approved helmet may still provide sufficient protection but if it doesn't have the sticker, it is not legal and tampering with the sticker is not the solution.

Overseas retailers should be smart and not sell non-approved gear to overseas markets, but for them it is still a sale and they may not have the interest or technology to control it. In this case, as the buyer, I would have looked for local online retailers and even waited for their sales as some have fantastically competitive prices.
Cycling is in my BNA

Rioli2Gunstall

Postby Rioli2Gunstall » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:08 am

I checked and there was no difference. It is AS compliant but doesnt come with the sticker as it was a german shop.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:55 am

Rioli2Gunstall wrote:I checked and there was no difference. It is AS compliant but doesnt come with the sticker as it was a german shop.
If it does not have a label attached then it is not compliant; the standard as far as I can gather requires the helmet to have a label as part of the compliance criteria.

kaboose

Postby kaboose » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:27 pm

Some bike races will also require helmet inspection beforehand.

Leaf T

Postby Leaf T » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:06 pm

There was a thread about this somewhere on here with varying opinions but I concluded it simply wasn't worth the potential for hassles. Plus I like to try them on before buying. It's tempting though when you see the price differences but I think it was mentioned that the cost of testing for AS compliance played a part. Correct me if wrong.

kaboose

Postby kaboose » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:53 pm

Go to think of insurance as well, if you have a crash and its found out your helmet isn't aus compliant you may not be covered

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:16 am

Also confirming Aushikers comment, no sticker means it is not compliant. There is an ongoing testing process for helmet imports in Australia and New Zealand (batches).
Cycling is in my BNA

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Anyone have any idea on current delivery times for Bike24?

RonK

Postby RonK » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:03 pm

Pretty much as per the site shipping information, around 10 working days from despatch last order - a couple of months back.

Nothing much to do with Bike24 though. Shipping is handled by Deutsche Post DHL. :wink:
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...