Endurance or Intensity

sogood

Postby sogood » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:44 pm

You don't need to pay money to others to get to a level of basic bike fitness. Just go and ride the bike. But if you want to compete seriously or have some focused objectives, then yes, spend away.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

ni78ck

Postby ni78ck » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:39 pm

sogood wrote:You don't need to pay money to others to get to a level of basic bike fitness. Just go and ride the bike. But if you want to compete seriously or have some focused objectives, then yes, spend away.
its not too expensive and quite pleasant down at the beach. i have a few mates doing it as well. im hoping to get them on a bike soon. long term objective would be to enter a couple of racers at heffron. im enjoying it so much, more than i thought i would :wink:

nice arvo! i may go and try a couple of hills that i would normally avoid :?
Cervelo R5
Cervelo S5 VWD - dura ace Di2

sogood

Postby sogood » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:53 pm

Not to criticise anyone but just a general comment on how we spend our wealth.

<rant>
In the past, we cleaned our own house and did our exercises, and everyone's happy. Nowadays, it's amazing how many households in the inner city and surround employ cleaners to clean their house and pay trainers in local parks for that bit of exercise. Why?

If there's any good that'll come out of this current financial crisis, it'll be getting people back to some financial sense and reestablish a bit of self-reliance and not live in excess and perpetuate that wealth bubble.
</rant>

ni78ck

Postby ni78ck » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:56 pm

sogood wrote:Not to criticise anyone but just a general comment on how we spend our wealth.

<rant>
In the past, we cleaned our own house and did our exercises, and everyone's happy. Nowadays, it's amazing how many households in the inner city and surround employ cleaners to clean their house and pay trainers in local parks for that bit of exercise. Why?

If there's any good that'll come out of this current financial crisis, it'll be getting people back to some financial sense and reestablish a bit of self-reliance and not live in excess and perpetuate that wealth bubble.
</rant>
we do clean our own house though :lol: :lol:

for me its more a motivational exercise. i would not sprint up and down on a beach on my own :roll:
Cervelo R5

sogood

Postby sogood » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:06 pm

ni78ck wrote:for me its more a motivational exercise. i would not sprint up and down on a beach on my own :roll:
You don't have to sprint up and down the beach. There are other ways to get fit. ;)

JV911

Postby JV911 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:18 pm

ni78ck wrote:i think my fitness was not up to scratch so ive decided to join a 6 week fitness progamme down at the beach
good on ya nick!

i wish i had the time and dedication to do that :D

dont burn yourself out though by trying to to too much (free advice from a reformed gym-junkie)
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

ni78ck

Postby ni78ck » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:27 pm

JV911 wrote:
ni78ck wrote:i think my fitness was not up to scratch so ive decided to join a 6 week fitness progamme down at the beach
good on ya nick!

i wish i had the time and dedication to do that :D

dont burn yourself out though by trying to to too much (free advice from a reformed gym-junkie)
tell me about it! i took the arvo off to do some hills and boy did i feel it :shock: these hills dont look so hard when im in the V8 :roll:

should of just gone for a walk and a perv! :wink:
Cervelo R5

JV911

Postby JV911 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:36 pm

ni78ck wrote:should of just gone for a walk and a perv! :wink:
at least a perve gets the heart rate up :)
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

ni78ck

Postby ni78ck » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:38 pm

JV911 wrote:
ni78ck wrote:should of just gone for a walk and a perv! :wink:
at least a perve gets the heart rate up :)
if i can get it up to 180 while perving who needs to hope on the saddle :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cervelo R5

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:56 pm

ni78ck wrote: should of just gone for a walk and a perv! :wink:
Yep. Coogee to North Bondi and back coast walk - there's simply no better way to walk off some calories whilst pigging-out on eye-candy. Shame it's not a shared bicycle path. :cry:
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

ni78ck

Postby ni78ck » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:58 pm

wombatK wrote:
ni78ck wrote: should of just gone for a walk and a perv! :wink:
Yep. Coogee to North Bondi and back coast walk - there's simply no better way to walk off some calories whilst pigging-out on eye-candy. Shame it's not a shared bicycle path. :cry:
better on foot, gives you time to take in the scenery :wink: whilst also working on your intensity and endurance of coarse 8)
Cervelo R5