Bar ends

mountainman403

Bar ends

Postby mountainman403 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:30 am

Have been training on the MTB for my road racing and have found my hands are hurting as they hold the bars differently. Im looking into barends, what are good ones to get as there are so many out there (shape, size ect) and what are just rubbish.
MM
Wilier
Dura Ace
Topolino
7.2kg
Walk a mile in my shoes and you will probably get blisters with these DAMB cleats.

Deanj

Postby Deanj » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:16 pm

Theres quite a few different shape and angles so best to think when your hands are going to be on them the most, then look at price, weight, clamp etc.

For racing most people use the short stubbie type for climbing like

THIS

OR THIS

If its for general riding and your after more hand positions something with more of a shape like THIS may suit you better or you can go for an ergo style with something like THIS.

glawrence2000

Postby glawrence2000 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:48 pm

Matey,

If your hands / wrists / elbows are starting to hurt and it's not a set up geometry issue - i.e. your leaning on your wrists too much, you might wat to consider the GR2 from Ergon.
http://www.ergon-bike.com/us/grips/gr2.html
I have these exact ones on both my rides (Voodoo 29er and BMC Fourstroke) and they are superb.
Infinitely adjustable bar ends that are part of the grip that is ergonomically shaped (hence the name I suppose). which you lock into the position you want and gives you great wrist support.

Hard to find in Oz but search for them in ebay and but them in from the States.
Thanks heaps.
BMC 4Stroke 03. (web nazis won't let me put a third picture up :()
Voodoo Dambala 29er.
FELT AR4 Carbon.

leximack

Postby leximack » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:11 pm

i have the short stubby carbon ones on my anthem similar to the first one dean posted, got them for a bargain price from toolonglegs when he was doin his move to france clean out, they look good, are lightweight and are excellent for that extra bit of movement, great fro climbing especially, i have scratched them up a bit though from a few crashes :cry:
dont get the big bulky ones, they just look stupid.

Don