Regatta centre 17/11

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:49 pm

leximack wrote:personally i think sitting in the pack for the whole race and sprinting for the win will not make you a better racer, someone who works at the front, creates gaps, puts on an attack, goes for a breakaway etc will become a better racer quicker than the other person, all i can hope for is the wheel sucker/ "winner" gets pushed upto the higher grade, where they will get dropped on the first lap :lol:
Don
Funny logic there?...a better racer is someone who wins races!.

I never go to the front except...to warm up in the first few laps,if I think I can drive it so hard that people will start falling off the back,I just want to use it to train hard...not get put up a grade and don't care about winning.
I don't see the point of going to the front because I think I should have a turn....instead try and force a break,try to hurt people,isolate the sprinters...if you haven't got a hill attack into the wind as the Regatta center is a Pancake.Just going to the front and riding hard only makes it easy for everyone else to suck an easy lap...TACTICS!.
Go to front on your training rides and drive all day...forget it in races...
:D

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:03 pm

Unless that $15 prize money is required to put food on the table that night, then the most important thing about racing is enjoying yourself.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:09 pm

mikesbytes wrote:Unless that $15 prize money is required to put food on the table that night, then the most important thing about racing is enjoying yourself.
Won't go far on a $15 entry fee :D ...I know it is all about enjoyment...there are no pros here.But if you are going to spend the money to race..which lets face it isn't cheap...you might as well try to win!.

leximack

Postby leximack » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:14 pm

toolonglegs wrote:
leximack wrote:personally i think sitting in the pack for the whole race and sprinting for the win will not make you a better racer, someone who works at the front, creates gaps, puts on an attack, goes for a breakaway etc will become a better racer quicker than the other person, all i can hope for is the wheel sucker/ "winner" gets pushed upto the higher grade, where they will get dropped on the first lap :lol:
Don
Funny logic there?...a better racer is someone who wins races!.

I never go to the front except...to warm up in the first few laps,if I think I can drive it so hard that people will start falling off the back,I just want to use it to train hard...not get put up a grade and don't care about winning.
I don't see the point of going to the front because I think I should have a turn....instead try and force a break,try to hurt people,isolate the sprinters...if you haven't got a hill attack into the wind as the Regatta center is a Pancake.Just going to the front and riding hard only makes it easy for everyone else to suck an easy lap...TACTICS!.
Go to front on your training rides and drive all day...forget it in races...
:D
anyway, doesnt matter, everyone has there own oppionions and goals, i am out there to have fun, last race i had a good time and enjoyed myself and thats my goal in racing. I dont care if i win or come dead last.

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:41 pm

mikesbytes wrote:Unless that $15 prize money is required to put food on the table that night, then the most important thing about racing is enjoying yourself.
and isn't winning (legitimately) more fun? :wink:

don't get me wrong peeps, I'm not saying everyone should sit wheels all day and wait for the sprint. For most riders that won't work 'cause they're not the best sprinter. But complaining about someone who uses that tactic is just poor form. It's up to you to ride 'em out of the race. If you don't like what tactics flow from a bunch of guys pinning numbers on their back, then don't race!!

I tell you what's much more frustrating. When a dominantly large group of riders collude in a race. Now that does suck. In such circumstances I have voted with my feet in the past.

Personally I love driving and creating gaps, forcing a break, putting the hurt on - they are alternative tactics which are used in an attempt to increase my chances of winning a race. But I also know when to sit in.

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:43 pm

leximack wrote:anyway, doesnt matter, everyone has there own oppionions and goals, i am out there to have fun, last race i had a good time and enjoyed myself and thats my goal in racing. I dont care if i win or come dead last.
and that's cool. :)
but when you win you won't be able to wipe the grin off your face ;)

bmxbandito

Postby bmxbandito » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:29 pm

BLOODY HELL DON now look what U started U IDIOT.Trust you newbies to start trash talking the sprinters.Anyone bagging sprinters generally cant sprint for crap themselves :lol: just like boxers they are all talk at the press conference but get smacked around the head for a few rounds & they start slowing down a bit.Deliver enough big blows & U get to dance around the ring without them WOO HOO.
Racins Racin you never stop learning new stuff just decide you wanna have a go, pay your money ,pick a number not#1 ever unless your a sprinter :lol: put your wheel on the line & go when they say to youll figure out what you should have done as soon as you just crossed the finish line THAT MY FELLOW RACERS IS CALLED EXPERIENCE & you just cant ever get enough of that.
By the way I suck at srinting :evil: damn you fast guys down the back,love climbing though oh well cant have everything :lol:
cheers Jeff

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:38 pm

for someone who has yet to try racing...i love these reports! keep em' coming!

leximack

Postby leximack » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:41 pm

i love all the different ways people go about there racing, its what makes it interesting and keeps me coming back.

Leximack - who will probably get punted off the track in the first corner next week :lol:

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:24 pm

I am just jealous cause I have no where to race until next March.
Bunch of French softies!...no wonder they can't win a tour!!!.

bmxbandito

Postby bmxbandito » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:13 am

zozza wrote:Did you race Bandit? Kept a lookout, didn't see you, Don said you were there?
I was there big fella was looking for U at the start didnt see U thougt U was still at Lansdowne doing victory laps or practising your sprinting still :lol:
Didnt see U after racing had already left didnt want anybody confescating my HTFU band after getting severly ejected from the bunch half way thru the race
Excuses-changed food intake from Oporto to left over chinese MSG used to work really well back in the 90s obviously fat is much better race fuel now :shock:
-left EPO at the shop damn it
-couldnt read HTFU band saying as it was facing downwards & was going too fast to turn it around
-should have waited one more week before turning PRO
Oh well will have another go next week & see what happens WOO HOO.
see ya saturday Zozz cheers Jeff

zozza

Postby zozza » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:35 am

I was gonna go to golf but I think I might ditch that and ride instead? :D Probably hook up with Don and Rainer ride out on Saturday morning, Are you doing Lansdowne on Sunday?

alchemist

Postby alchemist » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:38 am

toolonglegs wrote:I am just jealous cause I have no where to race until next March.
Round 2 of the French National Cyclo-cross series is on this weekend. Although you've just missed the entry deadline.

Hebden

Postby Hebden » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:03 am

zozza wrote:I was gonna go to golf but I think I might ditch that and ride instead? :D
On ya Zozza! My golf clubs ended up on eBay a few months back. Give me shiny bikes and lycra at 35kph over putters, irons and trousers at 5kph anyday! :D

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:10 am

toolonglegs wrote:I am just jealous cause I have no where to race until next March.
Spain ????
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:56 pm

:lol: :lol: love this thead, thanks for starting it Don. Makes me wanna get out and ride, even in this $hit weather.
FPR Ragamuffin

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:43 pm

Spain?!...don't drug myself enough!
Cyclocross?!... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...I can't walk properly let alone run!.

bmxbandito

Postby bmxbandito » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:16 pm

zozza wrote:I was gonna go to golf but I think I might ditch that and ride instead? :D Probably hook up with Don and Rainer ride out on Saturday morning, Are you doing Lansdowne on Sunday?
Sure am Zozz might try & do a whole race too.Willget there early so I can witness your first race win,those hairs better be gone off those legs big guy he he that sounds so creepy :lol:
cheers Jeff

zozza

Postby zozza » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:33 pm

I reckon if Don shows up he'll be busting his hump for that elusive podium :lol: I might have to sit on his wheel all the way and jump him at the line :lol: 8)

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:26 pm

bmxbandito wrote:those hairs better be gone off those legs big guy he he
Get a room :lol: :lol:
FPR Ragamuffin