Astana, what was that about too many chiefs?

Whats more disappointing

That Vino thinks he can come back
No votes
That it looks like he has a legal right to come back
17%
Or that Astana want him back
83%

Total votes: 6
RICHARDH

Astana, what was that about too many chiefs?

Postby RICHARDH » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:35 pm

Now Vino thinks its time for a comeback :? And whats more Astana want him back (double :? ) three GC guys arent enough four if you include Kloden.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

chris641

Postby chris641 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:17 pm

He is a disgrace to the sport and shouldn't be allowed back. Same goes for Basso and the like... Very very disappointing that Astana want him back if thats true.
Fastest Century: 100km in 2:52 at 35 km/h
2008 Merida Scultura Evo Team

sogood

Postby sogood » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:23 pm

Astana is financed by Vino's home country, Kazakhstan. The team management may not be happy, but they know who the boss is.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

der Ungar

Postby der Ungar » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:50 pm

Really poor stuff - I'm not sure Astana give a !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!, but this sort of thing makes a mockery of genuine attempts to clean up the sport. How many non-cycling fans will say "told you so"? How many people committed to a drug-free sport might ask "why bother?"?
I might be paranoid, but it doesn't mean that people aren't out to get me.
08 Orbea Dauphine

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:42 am

I dont mind letting banned riders back, just as long as they actually complete a 2 year ban. the only reason he got away with his exteremly light 1 year ban from his countries cycling fed. was because he spat the dummy and decide he wasnt going to play anymore. Now all of a sudden his bans over and he wants to race again? Sounds a little bit like he knew he wouldnt get away with the one year ban, unless he made it look like he was never coming back bided his time for a year with the occansional i hate cycling how could they do that to me blah blah blah finish his joke of a suspension and come straight back into team vino :x Contador must be pissed.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

sittingbison

Postby sittingbison » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:36 am

a nice little cabal of suspected or proven druggies is congregating at Astana; who will they have next, Floyd and Tyler? Mancebo? Basso? Beloki? Might as well go for LA's right hand henchman Roberto Heras.

Then rename the team from Astana to...Team Puerto.
I have a cunning plan, as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:28 pm

Contador has to get out of this team otherwise his going to have the same problems LA of 50% (or more really) believing he was juiced for every win. Though he may have that one already. I cant see Contador staying with Johann after this years contracts up. As much as he believes his the No.1 rider the team is not based around him. First Armstrong now Vino. Cant imagine his a happy boy, apparently Alberto and Lance havent even spoke to each other. You would have thought team man. would have arranged a nice relaxed get together in the off season to smooth some tension before the new season. Maybe the Kazaks were pulling out after the next season or two (seeing as hardly any of there country men ride on the team) and there going for maximum exposure before the team dissolves.

chris641

Postby chris641 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:02 pm

Yep Contador needs to get in a new team. He is the best stage race rider in the world, period. There should be no disputes about team leadership, he has well and truly earned it.
Fastest Century: 100km in 2:52 at 35 km/h
2008 Merida Scultura Evo Team

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:03 pm

Richard can you add an "All of the above" alternative :lol: .

Man I loved watching this guy ride. As Stuey said after he went then nothing could surprise/disappoint you again.
FPR Ragamuffin