Cyclist throws driver's keys into bush in Tremont

fishwop

Re: Cyclist throws driver's keys into bush in Tremont

Postby fishwop » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:57 pm

There have certainly been times I would have done exactly the same given the opportunity.

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:38 pm

He hit the car several times, so I’m unsure whether or not I came close to hitting him
that, in itself, says she was too close. Law-breakingly close (< 1m), in-fact.

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Is this the place?

https://www.google.com.au/maps/(AT)-37.893 ... 312!8i6656

what's the bet she came out of one of those side streets inside the cyclist (SMIDSY, by her own admission) who was apexing the corner?

note: I'm not condoning his actions -- however I can think of more than one scenario where his life flashed before his eyes, then the red mist descended.

lone rider

Postby lone rider » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:19 pm

Know the road well, that hairpin corner is the only part with 2 lanes. She obviously has not given way, there is no other explanation as to how he could of banged on her car. You can fly down the approach but there is no way you can do more than 35kmh around that bend even if you use the best line, ie. use both lanes.

djw47

Postby djw47 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:47 am

duncanm wrote:Is this the place?

https://www.google.com.au/maps/(AT)-37.893 ... 312!8i6656

what's the bet she came out of one of those side streets inside the cyclist (SMIDSY, by her own admission) who was apexing the corner?

note: I'm not condoning his actions -- however I can think of more than one scenario where his life flashed before his eyes, then the red mist descended.
If it was that spot and he chucked her keys on the downside of the road, it's nothing short of miraculous that they were found. Only thing that makes me doubt it, was that the reports say it happened in Tremont which is further up the hill, that corner is in Upper Ferntree Gully. The images in the report I saw yesterday were from the area around where the main road meets One Tree Hill which is definitely Tremont.

The biggest menace in that area are the idiots who park at the roadside to use the 1000 steps. I've seen many near misses as drivers pull out from the roadside without looking, or perform 3 point turns near the bottom hairpin.

defy1

Postby defy1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:35 pm

I wonder if the rider is on strava, most likely he is and we know time and place so...

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:38 pm

defy1 wrote:I wonder if the rider is on strava, most likely he is and we know time and place so...
...the ride would have been deleted by the cyclist involved?