Stolen at the scene of an accident on the M7 near Preston on 17/12/2017 NSW :Carbon black Scott foil 15

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
User avatar
g-boaf
Posts: 9774
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby g-boaf » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:15 pm

Be careful on those painted lines - one poor guy was down on the ground near Prestons and looked in a terrible mess. :( Hope he is okay.

User avatar
xavdav
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Stolen at the scene of an accident on the M7 near Preston on 17/12/2017 NSW :Carbon black Scott foil 15

Postby xavdav » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:07 pm

After a heavy fall on the wet M7 cycleway last Sunday morning at around 7.40 am, I was knocked out by the crash and taken, to Liverpool hospital by ambulance while three bystanders where left to contact my wife and look after my bike with the declared intention of handing the bike over to her at an agreed location. When my wife showed up at that location only two of the bystanders were present, the missing one was the one that was in charge of looking after the bike, apparently named Peter. No credible attempt has been made to hand over the bike at the local hospital or police station, so I had to declare to the police that it was stolen at the scene of an accident.

The bike is Carbon black with black labels, black bar tape and black seat. It was equipped with a fly 12 and a fly 6 as well as with a Powerpod. The wheels were Fulcrum 3 (black rims with white hubs). Groupset is Shimano Ultegra DI2, Pedals are Look Keo 2 max and
Last edited by xavdav on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
trailgumby
Posts: 13170
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney
Contact:

Re: Stolen at the scene of an accident on the M7 near Preston on 17/12/2017 NSW :Carbon black Scott foil 15

Postby trailgumby » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:15 pm

That is a really low act.

Suggest you edit post above to remove serial number and add to Stolen Bikes Australia database. With the circumstances of the theft, it will likely get a lot of attention. Did you have photos of the bike?

User avatar
xavdav
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Stolen at the scene of an accident on the M7 near Preston on 17/12/2017 NSW :Carbon black Scott foil 15

Postby xavdav » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:43 pm

Done.
Image

User avatar
g-boaf
Posts: 9774
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Stolen at the scene of an accident on the M7 near Preston on 17/12/2017 NSW :Carbon black Scott foil 15

Postby g-boaf » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:57 am

xavdav wrote:After a heavy fall on the wet M7 cycleway last Sunday morning at around 7.40 am, I was knocked out by the crash and taken, to Liverpool hospital by ambulance while three bystanders where left to contact my wife and look after my bike with the declared intention of handing the bike over to her at an agreed location. When my wife showed up at that location only two of the bystanders were present, the missing one was the one that was in charge of looking after the bike, apparently named Peter. No credible attempt has been made to hand over the bike at the local hospital or police station, so I had to declare to the police that it was stolen at the scene of an accident.

The bike is Carbon black with black labels, black bar tape and black seat. It was equipped with a fly 12 and a fly 6 as well as with a Powerpod. The wheels were Fulcrum 3 (black rims with white hubs). Groupset is Shimano Ultegra DI2, Pedals are Look Keo 2 max and


Maybe also if you are on strava and have uploaded that ride, see if the nearby riders feature (aka strava stalking feature) shows up any of those people? it's a off chance, maybe the person uses strava, but maybe they don't. Also needs that person to have been a rider anyhow, which he might not have been according to your reply in the other forum.

Hope you are doing better now.

User avatar
xavdav
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Stolen at the scene of an accident on the M7 near Preston on 17/12/2017 NSW :Carbon black Scott foil 15

Postby xavdav » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:34 pm

g-boaf wrote:
Maybe also if you are on strava and have uploaded that ride, see if the nearby riders feature (aka strava stalking feature) shows up any of those people? it's a off chance, maybe the person uses strava, but maybe they don't. Also needs that person to have been a rider anyhow, which he might not have been according to your reply in the other forum.

Hope you are doing better now.

Done that with the fly byes, he is not a Strava user unfortunately. I Also quizzed the people that rode by, without success.
Image

User avatar
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13156
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 am
Location: Sydney & Frankfurt
Contact:

Re: Stolen at the scene of an accident on the M7 near Preston on 17/12/2017 NSW :Carbon black Scott foil 15

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:47 pm

I am crossing my fingers that it is still due to be passed onto you and the person is still due to return.

Hope you are back in good health.

User avatar
xavdav
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Stolen at the scene of an accident on the M7 near Preston on 17/12/2017 NSW :Carbon black Scott foil 15

Postby xavdav » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:22 am

Photos of the suspected bike thief here:https://www.facebook.com/mistigri.david
Image


User avatar
xavdav
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby xavdav » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:28 am

g-boaf wrote:
xavdav wrote:I am ok g-boaf,just battered and bruised. Still in observation in Liverpool hospital as I had a bit of bleeding in the brain. Thanks to the guys that stopped to assist me. One of them has my bike since I lost conscienssness.his name is Peter and I would like to talk to him as n order to recover the bike. If anybody knows him, let him know please.


That's good to know you are alright, when I came past and saw you I was pretty worried. I think the Marconi group might know who has your bike, they were talking to the other guys that were with you. I don't always see them but they are usually always down at Prestons around 7:00am-ish.

No News of the bike or Peter, i had to declare the bike stolen at the scene of an accident. Follow this link to see photos of the scumbag that STOLE my bike.
https://www.facebook.com/mistigri.david
Image

User avatar
xavdav
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Stolen at the scene of an accident on the M7 near Preston on 17/12/2017 NSW :Carbon black Scott foil 15

Postby xavdav » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:23 am

xavdav wrote:Photos of the suspected bike thief here:https://www.facebook.com/mistigri.david

Since the bike has not been returned I took the freedom to publish his mobile # on my facebook page. Let him know what you think of his behaviour...
Image

User avatar
xavdav
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby xavdav » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:28 am

xavdav wrote:
g-boaf wrote:
xavdav wrote:I am ok g-boaf,just battered and bruised. Still in observation in Liverpool hospital as I had a bit of bleeding in the brain. Thanks to the guys that stopped to assist me. One of them has my bike since I lost conscienssness.his name is Peter and I would like to talk to him as n order to recover the bike. If anybody knows him, let him know please.


That's good to know you are alright, when I came past and saw you I was pretty worried. I think the Marconi group might know who has your bike, they were talking to the other guys that were with you. I don't always see them but they are usually always down at Prestons around 7:00am-ish.

No News of the bike or Peter, i had to declare the bike stolen at the scene of an accident. Follow this link to see photos of the scumbag that STOLE my bike.
https://www.facebook.com/mistigri.david

Since the bike has not been returned I took the freedom to publish his mobile # on my facebook page. Let him know what you think of his behaviour... and if you know where such a toilet bowl scum work, let his boss and co-workers know.
Image

User avatar
Warin
Posts: 602
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:13 pm

Re: M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby Warin » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:29 am

If the Police have the first name, surname, photo and phone number .. they would be easily be able to track him down.
As g-boat says below .. let the Police sort it out.

Further 'advertising' probably inhibits finding the bike at this stage?
Last edited by Warin on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
g-boaf
Posts: 9774
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby g-boaf » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:30 am

I don't know if that's the right thing to do. Let the Police handle it.

User avatar
xavdav
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Stolen at the scene of an accident on the M7 near Preston on 17/12/2017 NSW :Carbon black Scott foil 15

Postby xavdav » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:14 pm

Police just rung me. The frame was handed over to the Police near Liverpool. Still missing the wheels (Fulcrum 3)and accessories. Fly 6 and 12, Garmin speed and cadence sensors and power meter.
Image

User avatar
g-boaf
Posts: 9774
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Stolen at the scene of an accident on the M7 near Preston on 17/12/2017 NSW :Carbon black Scott foil 15

Postby g-boaf » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:50 pm

xavdav wrote:Police just rung me. The frame was handed over to the Police near Liverpool. Still missing the wheels (Fulcrum 3)and accessories. Fly 6 and 12, Garmin speed and cadence sensors and power meter.


Damn, you lost out big time there - that's got to be worth thousands just for those accessories. :x

tez001
Posts: 810
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:05 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby tez001 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:19 pm

You haven't been able to get in touch with him at all?

User avatar
queequeg
Posts: 5328
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Stolen at the scene of an accident on the M7 near Preston on 17/12/2017 NSW :Carbon black Scott foil 15

Postby queequeg » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:05 pm

xavdav wrote:Police just rung me. The frame was handed over to the Police near Liverpool. Still missing the wheels (Fulcrum 3)and accessories. Fly 6 and 12, Garmin speed and cadence sensors and power meter.


Did they say who handed the frame over, and how the person acquired it?
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '15 Cervelo S5

User avatar
xavdav
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Stolen at the scene of an accident on the M7 near Preston on 17/12/2017 NSW :Carbon black Scott foil 15

Postby xavdav » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:28 pm

queequeg wrote:
xavdav wrote:Police just rung me. The frame was handed over to the Police near Liverpool. Still missing the wheels (Fulcrum 3)and accessories. Fly 6 and 12, Garmin speed and cadence sensors and power meter.


Did they say who handed the frame over, and how the person acquired it?

the same dude that got snapped at the accident scene and handed over the group set as a gift!!!
The serial # was removed. He said that he did not know it was stolen but agreed to cover the cost of restoring the bike to its pre-theft state!!!
Image

User avatar
queequeg
Posts: 5328
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Stolen at the scene of an accident on the M7 near Preston on 17/12/2017 NSW :Carbon black Scott foil 15

Postby queequeg » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:35 pm

xavdav wrote:
queequeg wrote:
xavdav wrote:Police just rung me. The frame was handed over to the Police near Liverpool. Still missing the wheels (Fulcrum 3)and accessories. Fly 6 and 12, Garmin speed and cadence sensors and power meter.


Did they say who handed the frame over, and how the person acquired it?

the same dude that got snapped at the accident scene and handed over the group set as a gift!!!
The serial # was removed. He said that he did not know it was stolen but agreed to cover the cost of restoring the bike to its pre-theft state!!!


What a BS Story - photographed at the scene and didn't know it was stolen? Please tell me the cops didn't fall for that load of bollocks?
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '15 Cervelo S5

User avatar
g-boaf
Posts: 9774
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Stolen at the scene of an accident on the M7 near Preston on 17/12/2017 NSW :Carbon black Scott foil 15

Postby g-boaf » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:47 pm

What a crock! That's one of the most dodgy stories ever. I damn well hope they don't fall for that.

User avatar
g-boaf
Posts: 9774
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby g-boaf » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:49 pm

tez001 wrote:You haven't been able to get in touch with him at all?


The other thread in stolen bikes section says the guy handed the bike in to police, didn't know it was stolen apparently...

User avatar
xavdav
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby xavdav » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:32 pm

g-boaf wrote:
tez001 wrote:You haven't been able to get in touch with him at all?


The other thread in stolen bikes section says the guy handed the bike in to police, didn't know it was stolen apparently...

he handed the frame and said that. note that the serial # on the fame was removed :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image

User avatar
g-boaf
Posts: 9774
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: M7 Safety Alert Thread

Postby g-boaf » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:20 pm

xavdav wrote:
g-boaf wrote:
tez001 wrote:You haven't been able to get in touch with him at all?


The other thread in stolen bikes section says the guy handed the bike in to police, didn't know it was stolen apparently...

he handed the frame and said that. note that the serial # on the fame was removed :lol: :lol: :lol:


Yeah, and photographed at the scene of the incident, yeah right. Next he'll be telling us that the earth is flat. :lol:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users