See.Sense Icon Rear Light

mogwaiboi

See.Sense Icon Rear Light

Postby mogwaiboi » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:24 pm

Hi All

I purchased the above light recently as I wanted something bright with good run times. No problem at all with either of those particular characteristics, but my OCD is running overtime with how much the light seems to move around on the seat post. In my opinion the rubber rear mount isn't grippy enough...not sure if anyone else has one of these and has a similar issue?

https://i0.wp.com/www.titaniumgeek.com/ ... 24x768.jpg
Avoiding pissed of bogans in SUV's...

Bunged Knee

Re: See.Sense Icon Rear Light

Postby Bunged Knee » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:17 pm

It looks near the same as for Fly6 1st & 2nd gen ladder straps in which if stretched when installed and removed over numerous times and it will breaks.

But I`ve replaced it with straps from fleabay for my Fly6 and it had been taken off and on many times without breaking it.
I bought it over 18 months ago and still uses it . Just strap it like X, not straight around it.

ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

li2099

Postby li2099 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:21 pm

I'm running a Sense rear light and don't have an issue with it being too loose.
Maybe try a new rubber strap.

uart

Postby uart » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:24 pm

mogwaiboi wrote: In my opinion the rubber rear mount isn't grippy enough...not sure if anyone else has one of these and has a similar issue?
Not with that particular light, but I did recently buy a cheap set of lights as a "backup" and they only had a curved plastic clip, which doubled as both a belt clip or the curved surface to mate with the seatpost (or handlebars) if you wanted to use the supplied rubber straps.

These ones weren't even rubberized at all! (Well not where the clip contacted the seatpost anyway.) So yeah, they slipped and slid all around very readily and were really annoying. I just used contact adhesive to glue on a piece of rubber (cut from a nice thick MTB inner tube) onto that clip surface, and they've been fine ever since. Perhaps you could give that a try.

mogwaiboi

Postby mogwaiboi » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:01 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone. I found a thin strap in my collection of bits and pieces. I've used that underneath the original strap and the thin one being quite a tight fit, it seems to hold the light in place better than before.
Avoiding pissed of bogans in SUV's...