Warning Bayswater Station works - extreme care req'd

matthecat

Warning Bayswater Station works - extreme care req'd

Postby matthecat » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:29 am

Hi all,
This morning (about 5.30am )going up the temporary ramp came a cropper on the last "hairpin" going up.
I assume light rain & extreme cold had caused icing and lost front wheel. Even trying to walk up with cleats was difficult
Big thumbs up to the 2 guys who had stayed around & tried to warn me - I ignored them to my detriment.
Tomorrow is going to be cold again so maybe walking up is the way to go.
Anyone know who I should try & get hold of to see if they can add a treatment to provide more grip?
Stay safe.

Scott_C

Re: Warning Bayswater Station works - extreme care req'd

Postby Scott_C » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:17 am

matthecat wrote: Anyone know who I should try & get hold of to see if they can add a treatment to provide more grip?
You can call the PTA public switchboard and ask to speak to their cycling co-ordinator, Jim Krynen.

The project website also lists projects@pta.wa.gov.au, or call 13 62 13 as points of contact.
http://pta.wa.gov.au/projects/current-p ... n-car-park

matthecat

Postby matthecat » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:31 am

Have sent an email as I believe this provides an audit trail in case no action is taken and someone is hurt.
Originally there was a Cyclists Dismount sign (which I must admit I ignored) but this has since been removed.

wicksey

Postby wicksey » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:41 am

Will be good once finished, wonder whether it's on target for early august finish as listed?

matthecat

Postby matthecat » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:19 pm

Fast response from PTA - well done.
Hi Matthew,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The project team attended to the site this morning by sweeping the ramp and reapplying the non-slip surface.

If you have any other issues travelling crossing this ramp, or if you notice any other potential hazards, please don’t hesitate to contact me so that I can have the issue addressed as quickly as possible.

Kind regards,

Anthony | Project Communications Team
email: projects@pta.wa.gov.au

dmwill

Postby dmwill » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:10 pm

Yeah...wet ply wood boards are very slippery :/

Was out on the CX bike on Sunday. Decided to take the "Supercross style fly over" at speed and flick the bike sideways through one of the turns. Almost nailed a complete 360 on the bike without falling, but my bibshorts needed a good wash :oops:

matthecat

Postby matthecat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:56 pm

"Yeah...wet ply wood boards are very slippery"

They weren't just wet there was ice on them :shock:

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:19 am

Interesting that the PSP work recently completed cost $1.5m.

State Government this week announces $86m on complete overhaul on Bayswater Station with works starting late 2019.

Shame that $1.5m of shared path infrastructure will only be used for 2 years, before it is potentially pulled up and hopefully rebuilt in a even better design.

Link to surveycurrently running on the new station concept.

Red Rider

Postby Red Rider » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:43 pm

rolandp wrote:Interesting that the PSP work recently completed cost $1.5m.

State Government this week announces $86m on complete overhaul on Bayswater Station with works starting late 2019.

Shame that $1.5m of shared path infrastructure will only be used for 2 years, before it is potentially pulled up and hopefully rebuilt in a even better design.

Link to surveycurrently running on the new station concept.
Looking forward to it. It will probably mean that there will no longer be the pedestrian crossing of the PSP.

The survey does ask how important secure cycling facilities should be considered in the design brief. I'm hoping respondents know the answer wink wink nudge nudge. It also asks what should be done with the rose plants that may need to be relocated :lol: I guess they do look quite nice!

Red Rider

Postby Red Rider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:28 pm

FYI the Caledonion Ave level crossing (between Maylands & Meltham stations) will be removed before the Forrestfield line is in service in 2020. I believe the main reason is because there will be so many train services that the boom gates will be down virtually all the time, rendering the crossing useless. There is no plan to provide a motor vehicle under/overpass replacement due to space constraints. There are overpasses nearby at 7th Ave and Grand Prom, whilst peds/bikes can also use the Maylands Station underpass or Meltham Station overpass.

Good news for cyclists, once Forresfield is done there wont be any car interactions between East Perth Station until after Tonkin Hwy.

http://www.metronet.wa.gov.au/Portals/2 ... _Sheet.pdf