First ride

MrT

First ride

Postby MrT » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:12 pm

Hey,

Considering there is no introductions thread, thought i might as well say a big hello in here.

Just got my first road bike (trek 1400) and am loving it. I was a big mountain bike fan, but I just had an ankle recon done, and thought I could do with a lower impact road bike to build up some strength again.

I'm in the ACT, so I might see ya around the lake or up one of the 'mountains' one day.

Cheers,

Dan

pospete

Postby pospete » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:24 pm

Hi Dan,
Welcome aboard. This forum has lots of useful information, and lots of great people. Hope your ankle is ok. I'm relativly new ( born again cyclist) but sticking with MTBs down here in Melbourne.
Pete
Talk to the hand

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:37 pm

G'Day Dan, welcome :)

Have fun on the new girl, but don't let the old one get too dusty :wink:

Shaun

heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby heavymetal » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:22 pm

Welcome Dan.

Good point that you make about the introductions thread. As pospete said this forum has lots of useful info and lots of great people. There is also a broad mix of types of cyclists here as well.

I'm from the tourist end of the scale. I occasionally race with panniers full of styrofoam though :D

Kev.

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:01 pm

Hi Dan!
why not drop over to the ACT forum when you get a chance and tell us a bit more about yourself, your bike(s) and where you ride.
regards
Peter