Glasses for riding

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:27 pm

Contacts still aren't for everyone sadly, though they are heaps better than in the past (yes, I've tried them on and off since the hard glass ones). The latest soft ones don't compensate for my astigmatism and so are okay when sailing the dinghy but bloody useless (and very upsetting visually) for most other things - I can't wait to claw them out of my eyes.

The best soft ones I've had couldn't last more than a few hours in front of the computer and seeing I live on the computer, I gave up on the rotten things.

So yeah, they are worth trying, but there are still some of us who can't live with them.

Richard

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:48 pm

europa wrote:Contacts still aren't for everyone sadly, though they are heaps better than in the past (yes, I've tried them on and off since the hard glass ones). The latest soft ones don't compensate for my astigmatism and so are okay when sailing the dinghy but bloody useless (and very upsetting visually) for most other things - I can't wait to claw them out of my eyes.
You must have EXTEREMELY bad astigmatism. The improvement on that front for astigmatism has been improving greatly, as recent as 6 months ago.

In any case, contacts are much better for sports.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:50 pm

I might have to relook at disposable contacts then, but somehow I doubt it. One eye's shortsighted and the other is long :roll:

MJF

Postby MJF » Fri May 04, 2007 10:56 am

Well - the contacts are in. First thought - Wow, why didn't I do this before. Second though - must... buy... sunglasses. I hadn't realised how good a job the transitions lenses were doing.

DrEvil123

Postby DrEvil123 » Fri May 04, 2007 11:34 am

My Prorace sunglasses arrived last week. I have ridden with them a few times now and absolutely love them.

For $35 + shipping on ProBikeKit you can't beat them :)
Anthony.

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri May 04, 2007 11:51 am

MJF wrote:Well - the contacts are in. First thought - Wow, why didn't I do this before. Second though - must... buy... sunglasses. I hadn't realised how good a job the transitions lenses were doing.
That's my first impression too when I first moved to contacts decades ago. The freedom from the weight of framed glasses and the visual field improvement (all distortion free) was just fantastic. And the greater the diopter you are, the greater the difference.

Enjoy! And now you are free to buy any sunglasses you want. :D

MJF

Postby MJF » Fri May 04, 2007 12:50 pm

The distortion factor is taking a bit of getting used to - everything looks so... different.

The only bad thing so far is I keep on trying to push my glasses back up my nose :)

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri May 04, 2007 12:58 pm

MJF wrote:The only bad thing so far is I keep on trying to push my glasses back up my nose :)
You mean that virtual glasses... :wink: