Who is riding where this Wednesday?

DrEvil123

Postby DrEvil123 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:09 pm

I thought that it stopped but it looks like it is going again :(
Anthony.

DrEvil123

Postby DrEvil123 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:17 pm

Took the old mountain bike out for roughly 30mins (did 5km according to google earth *hehe*) and hit up a fire trail :D

I have the riding out of my system again now!

I haven't been off-road in close to a year, it was a damn good workout. I like the speed that my road bike gives me more though!
Anthony.

pospete

Postby pospete » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:15 pm

Yeah I just did 58K round the trails by the Yarra. Got my bits all sweaty!
Talk to the hand

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:41 pm

seddo wrote: ... Kambah to the Dickson Ambulance Station ...
That makes you a fellow Canberran, seddo - we'll have to organise a ride some day.
My plans for the Uriarra - Cotter loop fell to bits. My phone rang a bit before the Three Sisters on Uruarra Road - I'd forgotten that I was meant to be taking my daughter to a football trial game (or, soccer as some would say). I had to absolutely belt back, and pick her up - it made the climbs out of Coppins Crossing my biggest tests.
I've got the next two days off, so I'll try again tomorrow (if it's not raining). :wink:

531db

Postby 531db » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:52 pm

mikesbytes wrote:

"I bet not many rode in Sydney today"

Yep, I did, 37km in the rain (heavy) on the Falcon fixie, with mudguards. Would have gone further except the Falcon is not set up with a good headlight at the moment and it was getting dark.... :(

Currently in the midst of some work on the Fellini - changing the 16, 17, 19 tooth cogs on the 7 speed cassette and putting on a new Connex chain, as both the existing cogs and chain are fairly worn, and I've got to get it ready for a race with the Waratah club this Sunday.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:47 pm

I rode on rollers in a room underneath the grandstand at Canterbury Velodrome tonight.

If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

stryker84

Postby stryker84 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:14 am

twas a miserable day for riding... decided to be ressponsible and do homework in the morning (well, more because it's due tomorrow, ack!) and then decided to ride to the G to watch the footy. pulled the old girl out and the front is completely flat. and me without a patch kit. and i had a spare tube (or at least an old, possibly less leaky one) there's 5 of us in the house, all have bikes, and not one bike pump between the 5 of us. :oops:
guess what i'm going to look to buy in town today!

and to cap off a pretty awful day, not much homework got done, and Collingwood won. :x

rdp_au

Wet, Wet, Wet

Postby rdp_au » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:24 am

We went for a swim yesterday morning, so the steady rain in Hornsby didn't really matter. I was keen for a ride though, and when it looked vaguely like it might clear at about 3:30, I was off. Needless to say, it didn't, so it was a very wet ride - my first wet ride on the recombent. The riding position means that the back wheel throws up a nice stream of water which drenches the back of your neck and helmet. Yum. You also really need glasses (which I wear anyway), as the rain hits you square in the face.

Cheers,

David

leojvs

Postby leojvs » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:03 pm

I postponed my ride till Sunday. Too miserable to ride. Too dangerousin my opinion to ride where I havent riden before.....keep you updated
oohhhh shiny new bike parts : -)

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:17 pm

leojvs wrote:I postponed my ride till Sunday. Too miserable to ride. Too dangerousin my opinion to ride where I havent riden before.....keep you updated
Hey leojvs, when are you going to do that ride to Nelson bay ?

_________________________________________________________________________________
Burn plenty of Glycogen
Frame Size Calculator.....Park Tools Repair Guides Frame Size Calculator.....Rolling Resistance.....Rolling Performance.....Sheldon Brown's Bicycle Technical Info
training log.....Body-Mass Index, Waist-to-Height Ratio, Basal Metaboic Rate
Bicycle FAQs.....Bicycle Safety.....Cadence in Cycling.....Types of Bicycles
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

stevos

Postby stevos » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:11 pm

went around on the linear trail. Was very angry at some people who thought that they would stare at me as i was riding towards them and decide not to move over to there side of the path :twisted: f***heads
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." -Lance Armstrong

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:05 am

stevos wrote:went around on the linear trail. Was very angry at some people who thought that they would stare at me as i was riding towards them and decide not to move over to there side of the path :twisted: f***heads
Get used to it mate, it gets worse. I am constantly amazed at the actions of some pedestrians but that's okay, because just around the corner, you'll come across someone who does it all right. I use a bell, use it early and don't worry about giving a double 'ding'. Some peds ignore you, some don't recognise you, some freak and do some really entertaining things, most react appropriately and many will thank you for the warning.

So yeah, bells is good ... but be ready for the insane ones :?

Richard

seddo

Postby seddo » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:46 pm

LuckyPierre wrote:
seddo wrote: ... Kambah to the Dickson Ambulance Station ...
That makes you a fellow Canberran, seddo - we'll have to organise a ride some day.
My plans for the Uriarra - Cotter loop fell to bits. My phone rang a bit before the Three Sisters on Uruarra Road - I'd forgotten that I was meant to be taking my daughter to a football trial game (or, soccer as some would say). I had to absolutely belt back, and pick her up - it made the climbs out of Coppins Crossing my biggest tests.
I've got the next two days off, so I'll try again tomorrow (if it's not raining). :wink:
LP - methinks I have along way to go before I will be able to keep up with you - but the offer is most tempting

cheers
Seddo

stevos

Postby stevos » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:01 am

thats what i need to get a bell, i thought of that the first ride, normally that would be the first thing id take off a bike :lol:
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." -Lance Armstrong