New bike path along T-way on Old Windsor Road

Mr888

New bike path along T-way on Old Windsor Road

Postby Mr888 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:19 pm

Hi fellow cycling enthusiests

I was just travelling by car from Parramatta to Kellyville along Old Windsor Rd and noticed that the T-Way is now up and running. There is also a new bike path that runs along side the T-way.

Has anyone ventured along this new bike path? It looks as though it links up with the M7 but am not sure...

Comments?
It's the Vibe, It's the Constitution, It's Mabo...it's all that...

timbo

Postby timbo » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:26 am

I suppose there is one sure way of finding out if it links up or not. The T-way cycle path down my way (Liverpool-ish) is a concrete one and is used by a lot of walkers. Being concrete you hear and feel the kerthump, kerthump as you pass from one concrete slab to the next (like most concrete cyclepaths). Given the amount of buses you see on T-ways, its tempting to just ride on the bitumen surface.

cludence

Postby cludence » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:52 am

I have seen people cycling along the Windsor Road section but I am not sure whether it joins the M7. I know the guys at Camwest have ridden on it so would be able to tell you more. I am sure if you check out their website you should be able to find some info or contact one of them for more details. www.camwest.pps.com.au

Karen.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:44 pm

cludence wrote:I have seen people cycling along the Windsor Road section but I am not sure whether it joins the M7. I know the guys at Camwest have ridden on it so would be able to tell you more. I am sure if you check out their website you should be able to find some info or contact one of them for more details. www.camwest.pps.com.au

Karen.
Karen, could you please check the link, I can't get it to work.

ta Mike.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

ShanDog

Postby ShanDog » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:48 pm

there's no www
it's just camwest.pps.com.au

kslim

Postby kslim » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:19 pm

The T way bike path definitely links with the M7, having just ridden that way a few days ago.

Can anyone tell me where the T way starts and ends?

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:36 pm

If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

gururug

Postby gururug » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:51 pm

There has been a lot of chatter on the CAMWEST mailing list about this. (mostly negative)

Apparently it is a big kafuffle for cyclists with minimal pathing in "some" places and poor design in others.

The short answer is NO :cry: , there isn no dedicated pathway alongside old Windsor presently.

If you follow the M7 to its north west end it comes out at old windsor on what appears to be a pathway for cycling but if you follow i t in iether direction can you soon see that there is big problems that need to addressed here.

(which is why you see cyclists on the road and not on the path.)