WheretoRide - Perth

Aushiker

WheretoRide - Perth

Postby Aushiker » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:01 am

G'day

The Where To Ride - Perth publication from the publishers of Bicycling Australia is now available. Details here.

Andrew
Last edited by Aushiker on Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caelum

Postby Caelum » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:41 am

Careful with your linking from that shop andrew - i was just logged in as yourself, had your full details available to me....

I've since logged out - so hopefully no one else will be able to get access to see what i did...

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:50 am

Just tried my luck.....

seemed OK (ie. not logged in as anyone) to me....
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:59 am

Thanks Caelum. Gary let me know and I changed the link. It was weird as I wasn't logged in when I grabbed the link. Well the page was not showing me as logged in at least.

Andrew

Caelum

Postby Caelum » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:34 am

Aushiker wrote:Thanks Caelum. Gary let me know and I changed the link. It was weird as I wasn't logged in when I grabbed the link. Well the page was not showing me as logged in at least.

Andrew

Yeah i tried to call the number in your profile from the shop... no answer, but all sorted now obviously :)

Dodgy security on that website... your password was stored in clear text in the page source... but don't worry... i didn't note it down or anything - i'd still change it regardless, incase someone else did get it...

sittingbison

Postby sittingbison » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:50 pm

gotta get me somathem jerseys - cat in hat, bauhaus, metropolis YUMMY!
I have a cunning plan, as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University

Crankitup

Postby Crankitup » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Looks like the Alexander Library has just got in 3 copies of it also.

http://henrietta.liswa.wa.gov.au/search ... t&1%2C1%2C
Neil C.
Bacchetta Corsa '05
Perth W.A.

ajh_ausnzcf

Undercover

Postby ajh_ausnzcf » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:23 pm

Anybody had a look and could share some overview at the types of rides documented in this book?

Aushiker

Re: Undercover

Postby Aushiker » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:50 pm

ajh_ausnzcf wrote:Anybody had a look and could share some overview at the types of rides documented in this book?
I have recieved my copy and have had a quick look. As soon as I can I will update my review of the book which can be found here.

If you email me, see below, I can send you a random scan of a ride so you can get a taste of it.

Andrew

ajh_ausnzcf

Postby ajh_ausnzcf » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:30 pm

Have you recorded any GPS information on these rides for your Garmin unit?

I was thinking I might try a few rides and record them, then I could post to Bikely or something similar to share?

How about your group rides on Saturday Andrew, any records for the Garmin of those?
Axles A Randonee O Noodle.

"Doc, just tell me straight ... am I going to die?"

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:33 pm

ajh_ausnzcf wrote:Have you recorded any GPS information on these rides for your Garmin unit?

I was thinking I might try a few rides and record them, then I could post to Bikely or something similar to share?
Done nothing with the book at all, but I like your idea. Might do some of the rides now that I have a bit of time.
How about your group rides on Saturday Andrew, any records for the Garmin of those?
Hadn't considered it but now you suggest it, I will do that.

Thanks
Andrew

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:45 pm

some round trip rides would have been good to include in the book. there is supposed to be a symbol to indicate when rides cross another so you can tailor a ride based on picking up a cross journey, but I haven't located any of these symbols.

the book is perhaps best suited for people new to perth with good road riding ability. not so good for long time residents or beginners.

ajh_ausnzcf

Postby ajh_ausnzcf » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:33 pm

twowheels wrote: the book is perhaps best suited for people new to perth with good road riding ability. not so good for long time residents or beginners.
Perhaps you're right, I've little interest in the urban rides. The East is what interested me. About 1/3 of the book.
Axles A Randonee O Noodle.

"Doc, just tell me straight ... am I going to die?"