Clipless Pedals & putting them on an exersise bike? Why

stevos

Clipless Pedals & putting them on an exersise bike? Why

Postby stevos » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:51 pm

:lol: hey i came up with the bright idea of sticking these pedals on an exercise bike just so i could get used to cliping in and out of them for a while, however after reading the instructions it says not to use on an exersise bike? Would it damage them using them on one of these bikes?
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." -Lance Armstrong

sogood

Re: Clipless Pedals & putting them on an exersise bike?

Postby sogood » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:28 pm

stevos wrote::lol: hey i came up with the bright idea of sticking these pedals on an exercise bike just so i could get used to cliping in and out of them for a while, however after reading the instructions it says not to use on an exersise bike? Would it damage them using them on one of these bikes?
Interesting. I read that many people use clipless on their spin bikes. I guess one possibility for the warning is liability. You may encounter greater injury should the stationary bike topple over whilst clipped in. Ideally the exercise bike should mirror the fit of your regular road bike as much as possible.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:56 pm

If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

stevos

Postby stevos » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:02 pm

didnt end up fitting on the ex. bike anyway wrong size threads, however ive made the tensions very loose. :lol:
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." -Lance Armstrong

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:56 pm

I ride the Sow's Ear on the stationary trainer with clipless pedals and there isn't a problem ... well, there is now because I've put those pedals on the Diamondback and the Sow's Ear now wears cages, BUT, when I had clipless on her, they didn't cause a problem on the trainer - quite the opposite actually.

Richard

tuco

Postby tuco » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:20 am

I use clipless in the trainer but it's my bike sitting in a trainer so I'm not going to change the pedals every time I put the bike in the trainer.

As Richard stated, it's easier on a trainer with clipless.

The only trouble I had was getting off and on because the trainer makes the bike higher than normal so I built I little box to step onto first to counteract that difference. I also put the front wheel on a little box to level the wheels.

sogood

Postby sogood » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:12 pm

Guys, that "exercise bike" is just one of those gym bikes rather than a real bike put on a trainer/roller.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.