from a to b

valentino

from a to b

Postby valentino » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:13 pm

now that i have my new bike. im wondering if theres any websites or any info on quick routes to the city. im coming from essendon.

is there somewhere i can get this kind of info?

DrEvil123

Postby DrEvil123 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:17 pm

Anthony.

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:57 pm

zxc
Last edited by MountGower on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

stryker84

Postby stryker84 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:26 pm

essendon? i'd just barrel down Mt A rd all the way thru flemingotn rd, bike lane all the way, though parked cars in the lane are sometimes an annoyance. nice mostly downhill though.
then you'll have to deal with the "wheel of death" i.e., highmarket roundabout, but that's not that big a problem.
but yeah, bikely is a good site for other routes around and about.

Richardwestmelb

Re: from a to b

Postby Richardwestmelb » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:46 pm

valentino wrote:now that i have my new bike. im wondering if theres any websites or any info on quick routes to the city. im coming from essendon.

is there somewhere i can get this kind of info?

I'd recommend the bike path along the Marybyrnong river, heading south to footscray rd, (docklands hwy) were you cross under footscray rd to the south side and take a left along the bike path towards the CBD, head right around docklands and take a left into the CBD at Lonsdale, or keep going and take collins st.

Bike path all the way, one or two rd crossings merges you need to take some care on but otherwise an easy run.

Cheers

Richard F

valentino

Postby valentino » Tue May 01, 2007 10:06 am

thanks people.

my first thought was mount road, but i want some scenery. i found one on the bikely site but cant post it because i havent got the ability to do so.

happy biking.