GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR motorists

beauyboy

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR motorists

Postby beauyboy » Tue May 01, 2007 8:00 pm

Another fun ride tonight :evil:
Why is that every motorist thinks that every cyclist rides at 10kmph and decide to forget a stop sign and pull out in front of me. Bloody hell,

fuming
Donald
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated

pospete

Postby pospete » Tue May 01, 2007 8:16 pm

Yes there are times I wish my bike had a pod of anti car missles or limpet mines. Maybe I just need gloves like Edward Scissorhands hands! :lol:
Talk to the hand

MJF

Re: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR motorists

Postby MJF » Tue May 01, 2007 8:20 pm

beauyboy wrote:Another fun ride tonight :evil:
Why is that every motorist thinks that every cyclist rides at 10kmph and decide to forget a stop sign and pull out in front of me. Bloody hell,

fuming
Donald
Get a REALLY powerful light and blind the suckers before they pull out...

stryker84

Postby stryker84 » Tue May 01, 2007 8:28 pm

brake just enough so you come to a halt just near enough to him, so you have to use your foot to brace on his side door. :twisted:

tuco

Postby tuco » Wed May 02, 2007 8:42 am

stryker84 wrote:brake just enough so you come to a halt just near enough to him, so you have to use your foot to brace on his side door. :twisted:
Using a cleated shoe of course!

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Wed May 02, 2007 9:22 am

Now don't be mean to the poor motorists. Remember, your mum is one of them ... which is why I stay well clear of motorists :shock:

Of course, we should keep some sort of balance to this conversation and mention the purity and skill of the average cyclist :roll:

I nearly got taken out this morning - ruddy kid on one of them small wheeled scooters. Came flying down an access ramp onto the bike track and nearly T-boned me. Okay, it wasn't that close really, but close enough for me to see his eyes widen as he realised that perhaps it wasn't a very bright idea :D

Richard

beauyboy

Postby beauyboy » Wed May 02, 2007 9:24 am

Shoes what are those things I ride with thongs on :P
My light is bright just i don't want to blind other cyclist when going over the Storey Bridge!
Nah have not got to the point of impact yet even though it has been close a few times.
Most of the time my reaction is a patronising shake of the head at them. Much more effective then yelling at them cos being patronising can really get under ones skin :twisted:

Donald
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated

tuco

Postby tuco » Wed May 02, 2007 9:42 am

I took my daughter out into the so called 'peak hour' traffic after work last night. It was actually to go to the crit circuit (10km away) because she's not very confident with the cornering (round abouts in the crit cct) and it turned out to be a good lesson on what to watch out for in heavy traffic with frustrated motorist wanting to get home.
I'm trying to get her to look around more to know what's around her all the time but having never driven she doesn't know what it's like not having mirrors to see what's going on around.
I remember going from the motorbike to the bicycle and it was like being half blind not having the mirrors to rely on.

Honestly, they wouldn't know peak hour traffic if it bit them on the arse up here. I'm from Melbourne area and drove in it for years so peak hour up here is, at worst, just heavy traffic.

Hotdog

Postby Hotdog » Wed May 02, 2007 12:02 pm

Of course you could mount mirrors on your bicycle....

Not the done thing on an upright bike, but more or less essential on recumbents due to it being more diffficult to look properly behind you by turning your head. In fact there's a guy on one of the recumbent forums who regularly takes part in crit races with mirrors and finds they give him a tactical advantage due to always knowing exactly what's going on behind him.

europa

Postby europa » Wed May 02, 2007 12:37 pm

Hotdog wrote:Of course you could mount mirrors on your bicycle....

Not the done thing on an upright bike, ...
Why not? I used one for years and for anyone playing regularly in traffic, they'd be close to essential. 8)

Richard

beauyboy

Postby beauyboy » Wed May 02, 2007 2:23 pm

But the problem here is not needing to see behind but Dumb A## motorist in front.

Donald

europa

Postby europa » Wed May 02, 2007 3:05 pm

beauyboy wrote:But the problem here is not needing to see behind but Dumb A## motorist in front.

Donald
Stop quibbling. They're all nice motorists and just want to get a close look at your lovely bicycle :roll:

Richard

heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby heavymetal » Thu May 03, 2007 10:39 pm

Stop quibbling. They're all nice motorists and just want to get a close look at your lovely AXE resting across the rack on your bicycle. :twisted: