The Oaks.... wergin!!

millynumb68

The Oaks.... wergin!!

Postby millynumb68 » Thu May 03, 2007 10:32 pm

I'm very excited I'm finally going up to do the Oaks for the first time this Sunday with a few mates. was wondering if anyone's been up there lately & what condition the track is in / how cold is it...

Will be starting from Woodford around 7:30.

P.S. Are there any coffee shops in Glenbrook anyone can recommend?

Cheers..!!

Bnej

Postby Bnej » Thu May 03, 2007 11:07 pm

Don't know what condition the track is but you're likely to see a cool start warming up pretty quickly through the day. Might be a bit of wind. Hasn't been raining since Saturday & none forecast, so it should be dry.

ShanDog

Postby ShanDog » Fri May 04, 2007 12:02 am

I know the temperature last week was nice. Not too hot and not too cold once you've started riding. The track I was on was in good condition even though it rained a couple of days prior. I think the water after drying had toughened up the track a bit. Oh, once you get to the train station at woodford, you go down the stairs at the station, turn left and follow it to the road. you'll see an intersection on your left, take the right street. The exit from the anderson trail goes down the start of the oakes trail (the road section at least).

Shan

millynumb68

Clickety click!

Postby millynumb68 » Fri May 04, 2007 7:46 pm

Cheers guys, I think I'll pack the winter woolies just in case....

On a side note, has anyone ever experienced a "clicking" noise from their head stem? Mostly while standing & climbing. I thought it might have been the drivetrain at first because it happens in time with each pedal stroke, but on closer inspection (I put my head down closer to the frame..) I could hear it coming from inside the head. It's an "aheadstem" brand. What's more annoying is that the bike has just had it's first service......

Any ideas??

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Fri May 04, 2007 10:16 pm

I had that come up just as my first service was due. It's not uncommon (part of the settling in process), just get the shop to re-adjust the front end.

Richard

Halfanewb

Re: Clickety click!

Postby Halfanewb » Sat May 05, 2007 5:57 am

millynumb68 wrote:Cheers guys, I think I'll pack the winter woolies just in case....

On a side note, has anyone ever experienced a "clicking" noise from their head stem? Mostly while standing & climbing. I thought it might have been the drivetrain at first because it happens in time with each pedal stroke, but on closer inspection (I put my head down closer to the frame..) I could hear it coming from inside the head. It's an "aheadstem" brand. What's more annoying is that the bike has just had it's first service......

Any ideas??
I had the same problem with the adjustable neck i bought under from the lbs when i wanted to raise the handlebars. Dang thing kept creaking and it was really annoying! the bolt through the center of the joint needed constant tightening.

I finally gave up and brought it to the lbs who took it apart and greased the internal surfaces but when the guy reassembled the joint, the bolt snapped and the handlebars fell onto the front wheel! lucky that did not happen at 35kph on the road /shudder . after nearly having a argument about getting warranty they replaced it with a 45 degree neck and that ended the creaking problems.