WTS - Gitane Rocks T4 mountain bike - 2004 (?) model

Members classifieds for selling bicycles / parts. PRIVATE OFFERS ONLY
Forum rules
Newbies, please read the Market Place Rules before posting in this section. NEW UPDATED RULES !!!

Post Title Format: [Your Location] Item Title

WTS no longer required - and your location is required.

WTS - Gitane Rocks T4 mountain bike - 2004 (?) model

Postby MJF » Sat May 05, 2007 9:41 pm

2004 model (I think - can't quite remember)... traveled under 50km between then and October 2006. Extracted from shed, dusted off, and had about 500km added until Jan 2006 when it bent the second rear axle. Never even ridden in the rain!! (although it probably went through some puddles).

22" frame (I'm 6'3", was a little small for me) , Red/Black, basic details here. But it came with Rolin 6061 alloy rims, not "Really RY-04".

Has original tubes and tyres (maybe 200km), currently fitted with Tioga City Slickers with appropriate tubes (around 300km), bar ends, pannier rack, Tioga suspension seat post, a spare rear wheel (quick release), a new (in the box) 11-28 freewheel (more friendly for commuting), and the rear wheel has a chrome-moly axle fitted.

Reason for sale? I kept on bending the rear axle... so needed to upgrade to a cassette rear end, and it was easier just to upgrade the whole bike. I weighed 127kg at the time, but as long as your BMI is normal it should be O.K.

$400 with all the bits, or make me an offer. Bike is in Canberra, I might be convinced to ship (AT) buyers cost if someone was really desperate.
MJF

Return to Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales