where did you ride this weekend?

stevos

where did you ride this weekend?

Postby stevos » Sun May 06, 2007 11:02 am

Yesterday i rode along the linear trail to the beach, then to glenelg, turned around at glenelg and rode to north haven and then from there i went back home :lol: All up i did 106.55km's at an average speed of 31.9kph and average heart rate of 159 beats per minute. I was very happy as this is my 4th ride and i havent run in about three weeks or so. :lol:
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." -Lance Armstrong

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Sun May 06, 2007 11:24 am

Good
Last edited by MountGower on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

stevos

Postby stevos » Sun May 06, 2007 11:38 am

ohh and i fell once with my clippless pedals as i was using them for the first time :oops: wasnt to bad i had my foot unclipped i just lost my balence and cause i had one cliped in went over :lol: hehe
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." -Lance Armstrong

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Sun May 06, 2007 11:45 am

Just
Last edited by MountGower on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

stevos

Postby stevos » Sun May 06, 2007 12:13 pm

yeah ive got them fairly loose, it was just a lapse of cencetration that i lost balence and it was akward as i had my left one in, lucky i didnt do a full stack and saved myself. :lol:

i will tighten them a bit though just because when i get out of the saddle i can feel that they are a bit loose, but i havent had problems clipping out or in so far :P they only time i will fall in them if a pedestrian slows me to a stop on a hill or something and i cant get out, lol i fell like that with straps so id be stuffed with spd's.

DrEvil123

Postby DrEvil123 » Sun May 06, 2007 12:18 pm

I did my first work commute yesterday (yeah, weekend work sucks!).

Doing the same again today. It is ~25k loop. The way there is all up, the way home is almost all down, much more fun!

Had a damn flat tyre on the way yesterday, it is the first in ~500k though so i'm not complaining. However my Conti Gatorskins are meant to be almost undefeatable!

I couldn't believe how much harder it is to ride with 10kg on your back. I guess I will be flying once I do rides without the pack now though :)
Anthony.

stevos

Postby stevos » Sun May 06, 2007 12:43 pm

also can across someone training his greyhounds on his road bike :lol: now theres an ideas man :P

DrEvil123

Postby DrEvil123 » Sun May 06, 2007 12:47 pm

I will just carry a greyhound on my back and then let him loose on a tow rope when we get to a hill :)
Anthony.

seddo

Postby seddo » Sun May 06, 2007 1:18 pm

Did a 60km ride - Kambah to Kaleen and back - avg speed 24km/hr - Iam absolutely shagged but feel as I have achieved something - some of the rides you guys do are positively awesome - ahh maybe some day 8)

cheers
Seddo

chain_reaction

Postby chain_reaction » Sun May 06, 2007 5:54 pm

a nice easy 25km ride at penrith regatta centre at around 25 km/h average, it's a nice ride around a lake in front of the mountains, but i wish pesestrians would use the walking path not the cycle path

gdl_gdl

Postby gdl_gdl » Sun May 06, 2007 6:11 pm

100km ride on Saturday which took in the Mindarie - Perth - Bridges - City Beach - Mindarie loop.

Today was a quick 20km recovery ride due to the fact that I'm a soccer dad for the next 20 weeks (and one of the Coaches! :roll: ), hence my riding will be limited!

Cheers,

Gary

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun May 06, 2007 6:28 pm

100k including some huge hills in Sydneys Royal National Park. 30.6k average speed despite the hill climbing.

Sogood missed out on the action.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Burn plenty of Glycogen
Frame Size Calculator.....Park Tools Repair Guides Frame Size Calculator.....Rolling Resistance.....Rolling Performance.....Sheldon Brown's Bicycle Technical Info
training log.....Body-Mass Index, Waist-to-Height Ratio, Basal Metaboic Rate
Bicycle FAQs.....Bicycle Safety.....Cadence in Cycling.....Types of Bicycles
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

gururug

Postby gururug » Sun May 06, 2007 8:26 pm

55km on m7, avg 30.65 km's an hr, tested new camelbak and hrm.

millynumb68

Postby millynumb68 » Sun May 06, 2007 9:35 pm

Did the Oaks / St Helena this morn. Bit crowded at the start (bit like Pitt st each time a train comes in(but in a good way...)), Mate came off & threw himself & bike into sizeable boulder on corner about 2km before the circles..... A bit of bark off rider, but even worse his bikes' back wheel was as straight as a potato chip! He couldn't continue & had a lonely train trip back to glenbrook to wait for the rest of us to arrive & bragg about how good the ride was...
Great weather & great way to spend Sunday morn, we all had huge grins on our faces.... except one... :cry:

sogood

Postby sogood » Sun May 06, 2007 10:24 pm

mikesbytes wrote:100k including some huge hills in Sydneys Royal National Park. 30.6k average speed despite the hill climbing.

Sogood missed out on the action.
Now that I've started to ride from home to our meeting point. It means that for the next RNP ride, I'll clock 110k return. :)

Yeah, Sun morning conference sucks. But did manage to squeeze in a 6am ride of 42k and some 5min intervals. Died after 3 repeat. It wasn't funny. :(
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Sun May 06, 2007 11:57 pm

Where did I ride?

Saturday - the lad rode down to one of his ratbag mate's and they (along with a couple of sheilas) went off to the movies. So myself and my little princess hooked her bike up behind mine, and we went to a playground via the library :D High light of the trip was miss 6 telling a couple of other kids (newly met at said playground) all about her bike and how it gets towed along behind Dad's :D

Sunday. Hmm. Sunday. Up at dawn. Into the car. Down to the lad's soccer club where the bus is waiting. Yep, it's a country trip to Pt Pirie. Two and a half hours in the ruddy bus with a bored 6 year old and a team of under 16's. They lost dammit :? Then we got to do the whole thing again coming back to the club. Got home nearly 12 hours after setting out to find a siamese decidedly unimpressed with the catering and a wee doggie wondering why we'd left him home all day. The bikes just sat accusingly in the dining room. Ah well, there will be other days, other rides :D

Richard

ironhide

Postby ironhide » Mon May 07, 2007 12:06 am

i went for a 60 ride around the perth city foreshore and freeway bike path. I slide on some gravel and ended up grazing my side against a wire fenced and ripped my jersey :( . luckily didn't come off the bike.

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Mon May 07, 2007 7:22 am

I was away all last week, so I had a gentle weekend - out the Federal Highway to Sutton Bridge and back on Saturday (45km (AT) 27.6 km/hr) and out the Barton Highway and back on Sunday (58 km (AT) 28.2 km/hr). I'm away again this week, so I'll be struggling to fit much riding in.
I wish I could toss off a casual 100km at over 30 km/hr. :(

Hotdog

Postby Hotdog » Mon May 07, 2007 9:44 am

A 90something km ride from Surry Hills to Waterfall and back via Brighton le Sands and Sutherland with a few mates. The plan had originally been for us to do our own Sydney to 'Gong ride and catch the train back from Wollongong but there were no trains running due to trackwork :evil:

The ride didn't start out all that well for me, having spent a fair bit of the previous evening lovingly preparing my bike (cleaned and oiled chain, adjusted all the cables, pumped up the tyres and unloaded all the commuting paraphenalia) I discovered as I was wheeling the bike to the door in the morning that I'd somehow managed to get a flat tyre in my sleep :( What followed was the fastest, sweariest tube change I've ever managed, followed by a sprint across to Sydney Uni where my mates were waiting for me to join them and in my hurry I managed to leave my sunnies behind too.

Luckily it was all good from then on, lovely weather for riding (low winds, dry and sunny without being too hot), not much traffic, and some good views. Not a super fast pace, but as I don't normally ride distances quite this far I was happy enough with my 27ish km/h average.

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Mon May 07, 2007 10:46 am

[url=http
Last edited by MountGower on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon May 07, 2007 11:04 am

Our littl;e group id d loop includingg Cement Hill, Lonsdale Hwy, The Cove Road and Anzac Hwy - would have been longer, but the knee was playing up a bit, so called it quits.

Avg of 31.9km/hr for 106km is pretty good. Speedo accurate ?

I'm chuffed that I have now averaged over 30km/hr for my morning 38.5km rides a few times now.

Gradually working up to tackle the Mini Slam #4 (80km) in August !!!

Cheers

Michael B

tuco

Postby tuco » Mon May 07, 2007 11:27 am

Bloody every where.

Saturday 48km ride around town.

Sunday 35km ride around town.

Monday (public hol up here) 82km out and back course.

163km in three days all with my 13 Y O daughter.

Where lying around the house recovering at the moment.

I had a cop speed gun me on the way back. He called out '35' as I rode pass and that's exactly what my speedo read. I gave him a nod and continued home.

Kev365428

Postby Kev365428 » Mon May 07, 2007 1:09 pm

mikesbytes wrote:100k including some huge hills in Sydneys Royal National Park. 30.6k average speed despite the hill climbing.
Hey Mb,

when riding in the RNP, which is the steeper hill when heading into the park- crossing the causeway at Waterfall or crossing the Audley causway?

I'm thinking of doing a ride from my place (Ingleburn) to a friends place at Maianbar. Trying to plot the least painful route.

MAD GREEK

Postby MAD GREEK » Mon May 07, 2007 7:57 pm

Rode up Norton Summit Rd through fog to Mt Lofty. Found it was closed, so we rode down Greenhill Rd in the rain. Still not satisfied that I had been punished, we rode up to Skye behind Penfolds Winery via Coach Rd. Turn around Coach RD and back down it...reached my top speed ever 74.1km/h.

The round trip was 51.1km

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon May 07, 2007 11:21 pm

Kev365428 wrote:
Hey Mb,

when riding in the RNP, which is the steeper hill when heading into the park- crossing the causeway at Waterfall or crossing the Audley causway?

I'm thinking of doing a ride from my place (Ingleburn) to a friends place at Maianbar. Trying to plot the least painful route.
The hill coming out of Audley going south into the park is the steepest.

For a first time I'd recommend going in at Waterfall train station and riding south to Audley and exit out there. Do the ride first thing in the morning, it gets busy with traffic during the day.

The easiest route is Waterfall in Stanwell tops out, as per Gong ride.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Burn plenty of Glycogen
Frame Size Calculator.....Park Tools Repair Guides Frame Size Calculator.....Rolling Resistance.....Rolling Performance.....Sheldon Brown's Bicycle Technical Info
training log.....Body-Mass Index, Waist-to-Height Ratio, Basal Metaboic Rate
Bicycle FAQs.....Bicycle Safety.....Cadence in Cycling.....Types of Bicycles
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?