Have you heard of a MS Hurricane with discs?

onyourbikedrew

Have you heard of a MS Hurricane with discs?

Postby onyourbikedrew » Wed May 16, 2007 1:40 pm

I have been to my local bike shop here and after talking with the guys, they have a great second hand Malvern Star (not really my preferred brand) Hurricane, that is a limited edition model with disc brakes, rather than rim brakes.

Has anyone heard of these? I have googled the terms malvern, hurricane and disc together and come up with nothing. The MS website does not mention the bike at all, only the new stuff (current models).

If anyone can tell me anything about this bike (good or bad) it would be much appreciated. The bike looks great, only a few months old (the guy upgraded to a better bike) and the price is fantastic!

Let me know your thoughts!

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Wed May 16, 2007 1:43 pm

Can't help mate because I don't know it. Sorry.

Richard

onyourbikedrew

Postby onyourbikedrew » Wed May 16, 2007 2:33 pm

Thanks for the reply Richard... I am not sure if I am putting myself in a world of problems by looking at this particular model, simply because it was a 'limted edition'. The guy at the shop assured me that the parts are interchangable with other models and parts & spares would not be a problem.

So I guess I am going to take the plunge and get into the modern world of bicycles, going to make a heck of a difference from my old REPCO Traveller that I used to have! LOL!!! :-)

Drew...

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Wed May 16, 2007 2:45 pm

As long as the bike fits you properly (and I'll leave the mtb experts to discuss that), you should be right. Remember, you only get what you pay for and that is especially true of cycling.

Richard

seddo

Postby seddo » Thu May 17, 2007 9:36 pm

have heard of the Hurricane - like yourself I scoffed (AT) the thought of a Malvern but the LBS owner stated that they are pumping a lot of money into r&d etc and that they aren't bad value for money

cheers
Seddo

onyourbikedrew

Postby onyourbikedrew » Thu May 17, 2007 10:57 pm

Hey there Seddo, thanks for the reply... was feeling a bit that way about the MS... but after getting it home tonight (not enuff daylight to get out and about... bugger) am quite happy with it!

Had a mate come over and have a look... seems that he is getting the bug again too!!! LOL!!! He seems to think that it is a fantastic buy, so am feeling quite good about the "post purchase remorse" right now! The fact that I got a MB with 24 speed shimano and discs has got him hooked agian! We are talking about going for a ride somewhere!!!

Thanks for all your help guys! I really appreciate it! Will see how I go with the whole biking thing, I might be trading this one in at the same shop and doing the same thing the first owner did... trading up to something better!

Sure does beat the old REPCO traveller!!! LOL!!!

Drew...

seddo

Postby seddo » Fri May 18, 2007 8:23 pm

congrats Drew - happy riding

cheers
Seddo