Wanted training partner/s

Funkymonk

Wanted training partner/s

Postby Funkymonk » Sun May 20, 2007 7:51 pm

Greetings out to all , being a newbie to this forum I am looking to hook up with anyone male female whoever wants to ride in the afternoons , Sat mornings , Sundays i ride from home to home in Atwell to Perth Kings Park round the river and back with another guy so that is covered .
It has been 13 years since i raced and Im finding my feet again .... so ELITE guys n girls i won't be able to keep with just yet !

I am comfortable to sit on 30-40kmph around town and like to clock up 40-60km a day .

Hell I will even go if you have a trike just so i can get some km up , beginner junior senior i dont care ... if you can only sit on 20 km per hour

I don't mind riding south ... or north from Jandakot and surrounding areas .
Iam free to ride any day after 130pm from Freo area to anywhere

thanx in advance
Brad

Funkymonk

Postby Funkymonk » Mon May 21, 2007 8:17 pm

Anyone up for a run somewhere Sat morning ?

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Mon May 21, 2007 9:40 pm

Funkymonk wrote:Anyone up for a run somewhere Sat morning ?
Not unless you're planning to ride through Adelaide - I'll happily put on a pot of coffee for you :D

Richard

heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby heavymetal » Mon May 21, 2007 10:20 pm

I'd volunteer, but I'm still busy packing getting ready to move in 2 weeks. I'm also trying to hack my way out of the house through the garden and the tourer is in bits and half packed.

If you do plan to ride to Adelaide for a coffee with Richard, let me know, I enjoy a good short tour :D

Kev.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Tue May 22, 2007 11:39 am

Sorry mate...I'm in Joondalup...and taking a trip to Bunbury on Saturday for a birthday bash (if you could call a 66th a "bash"). Think I know what I would prefer to be doing though :wink:

Moo...

europa

Postby europa » Tue May 22, 2007 11:47 am

Cripes you lot. The poor blighter wants a partner and I'm the only one who's volunteered to go with him :D

Richard
safely remote :wink:

Funkymonk

Postby Funkymonk » Tue May 22, 2007 3:20 pm

yeah i thought some of you might have a bit more get up n go , but looks like it got up and went :wink:

uMP2k

Postby uMP2k » Tue May 22, 2007 4:40 pm

hmmmmmm - I have been pondering this post for a while now.

I am in Parkwood, which is at least the same rough geographic area (ie north of Mandurah and south of the CBD :D ) to you Funkymonk, but I am not sure how much Training you would get in going for a ride with me! I have just gotten back on the bike after a very very long lay off and you would not believe how unfit you can get ....

I can only dream of the days when I could keep up 30-40kph (more like 25 now on a good day :oops: ). I have been riding into work in the city along the freeway bikepath (and sometimes extending my ride by going down Roe Highway first) for the last few weeks but still a long way to go.

That said, a saturday morning jaunt might be fun. Of course I cannot guarantee I will not "drop off the back" after the first 5ks ( :roll: )

Funkymonk

Postby Funkymonk » Tue May 22, 2007 7:15 pm

uMP2K I was off a bike for 13 years so yeah i know your pain .It is more about getting kms back under my belt , if you drop back it is no stress mate cause i train hard mon wed fri so a bit more casual ride for sat is good for me .
\
if you wanna hook up for sat morning let me know a time and place to meet up .

thanx Brad

europa

Postby europa » Tue May 22, 2007 7:34 pm

One of the problems with planning rides is finding a time when a group of people can go on it. I understand your frustration Funky old lad ... err ... Brad ... err ... FunkyBrad ... err ... :D I'd hate to have to plan something to include me, and I'm me to start with :shock:

Keep tossing in the options. Sooner or later, someone will take you up on your rides ... either that or pass you at great speed somewhere :shock:

Richard

Funkymonk

Postby Funkymonk » Tue May 22, 2007 8:06 pm

Lolol went for a ride up to Perth and then around the river to Cotts and back thru Freo to home .... this one guy had a super dooper Ritchie road bike and sat on my heels for about 7 km I tried to stike up a conversation with him but he was puffin and panting away grunted something like "Goodluck d@#khead " then swung out and over took me at warp factor 5 Mr Scott .... that lasted about 1 km then he was falling back and eventually behind me again to the point he dwindeled back a few hundred meters .....and i wasn't going hard about 30kmph .... then in Cotts a small pack of around 7 riders came up and i jumped on the rear and had a great 11km with them and they flicked of to the coastal route .

I will be going up the Elite bikes Sat so will see what rides they have avail if ui can fit into their time frames .

Noids

Postby Noids » Tue May 22, 2007 9:03 pm

Sounds like fun :P

I'm north of the river too (Doubleview) though. I've been riding up and down the coast trail pretty much, keen to get into the city and do a lap of the river in some form though. Only other problem with me is a pretty variable work schedule so I couldn't commit to a regular day at this point. Other than all of that though I'd be pretty keen to be a part of a small group ride occasionally ;)

Cheers

nimm

Postby nimm » Wed May 23, 2007 4:55 pm

hey funkymonk,

i'm up for a ride most saturdays, i'm looking to increase my ride distance so anything over 40km would be good - not sure how much I could do over that though =)

I live in Bull Creek, just off the freeway so should be easy to meet up

Funkymonk

Postby Funkymonk » Wed May 23, 2007 5:03 pm

nimm wrote:hey funkymonk,

i'm up for a ride most saturdays, i'm looking to increase my ride distance so anything over 40km would be good - not sure how much I could do over that though =)

I live in Bull Creek, just off the freeway so should be easy to meet up

Sweet give me a time that suits you and a location mate we can hook up on the cycle path and head off from there .
40 km is great and if you want try an extra 10km in a few weeks and go from there .
I have PM you