Bicycles Network Australia - Broken

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bicycles Network Australia - Broken

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:38 am

With the server outage (because of upgrading) on the 12.02.2009, changes have unfortunately disabled the main site on bicycles.net.au. The host changed some configurations which 'broke' the database and now it isn't even possible to access or backup parts of the database.

Technically, it has to do with a MySQL update and differing formats which neither I or my programmers can resolve on this end.

The good news is the forum only suffered disruptions for about 45minutes however is not affected by the database issues. There may however be some hickups over the next few days as the main issue is resolved so I suggest if you start writing a book (i.e. incredibly long post) you may wish to save it regularly - or even compose it offline in word or a text app to prevent you loosing it.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience - it should certainly not have happened however it is better to focus on a solution rather then problem.

Cheers
Christopher
Cycling is in my BNA

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:25 am

No one wrote essays in the forum like Europa did, and probably never will. :lol:
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Matt_Matt

Postby Matt_Matt » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:04 am

Just had this error come up as I made a post .....
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, info@bicycles.net.au and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:11 pm

Bicycles.net.au back online 13.02.2009 at 6pm EST

Main Site offline time: 19 Hours
BNA Forum offline time: 45 minutes

Thanks Matt_Matt - I am guessing a hickup as changes were made. Let me know if you get this again.
Cycling is in my BNA