The BNA Hour Record

Individual and Team TT

The BNA Hour Record

Postby colafreak » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:58 pm

If you have a known PB for an hour's work, post it here. Who's the fastest?
colafreak
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:37 pm

by BNA » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:14 pm

BNA
 

Postby ni78ck » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:14 pm

just to get the ball rolling, and claim being the fastest for a minute :wink:
27.8km/h
lets see how long my record will last :roll:
Oppy Le Mauco - Dura Ace (wet weather bike)
Cervelo S5 VWD - dura ace Di2
User avatar
ni78ck
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Sydney

Postby sogood » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:37 pm

ni78ck wrote:just to get the ball rolling, and claim being the fastest for a minute :wink:
27.8km/h
lets see how long my record will last :roll:

Give us the distance for one minute, not km/h! :P
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16929
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Postby ni78ck » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:48 pm

sogood wrote:
ni78ck wrote:just to get the ball rolling, and claim being the fastest for a minute :wink:
27.8km/h
lets see how long my record will last :roll:

Give us the distance for one minute, not km/h! :P


thats the distance soooogoood! 27.8km (distance) in 1 (one) hour! :wink: . sorry for the confusement
Oppy Le Mauco - Dura Ace (wet weather bike)
Cervelo S5 VWD - dura ace Di2
User avatar
ni78ck
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Sydney

Postby sogood » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:51 pm

ni78ck wrote:
sogood wrote:
ni78ck wrote:just to get the ball rolling, and claim being the fastest for a minute :wink:
27.8km/h
lets see how long my record will last :roll:

Give us the distance for one minute, not km/h! :P


thats the distance soooogoood! 27.8km (distance) in 1 (one) hour! :wink: . sorry for the confusement

But your post suggested that being the fastest [speed] for one minute. :P

PS. How do you like my thread hijacking skill? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16929
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Postby ni78ck » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:56 pm

sogood wrote:
ni78ck wrote:
sogood wrote:
ni78ck wrote:just to get the ball rolling, and claim being the fastest for a minute :wink:
27.8km/h
lets see how long my record will last :roll:

Give us the distance for one minute, not km/h! :P


thats the distance soooogoood! 27.8km (distance) in 1 (one) hour! :wink: . sorry for the confusement

But your post suggested that being the fastest [speed] for one minute. :P

PS. How do you like my thread hijacking skill? :lol: :lol: :lol:


ok, yes yes you got me! i said aq minute, knowing that many people would beat me very soon, but im still the champ after 20 minutes! feels good :lol:
Oppy Le Mauco - Dura Ace (wet weather bike)
Cervelo S5 VWD - dura ace Di2
User avatar
ni78ck
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Sydney

Postby sogood » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:13 pm

ni78ck wrote:
sogood wrote:
ni78ck wrote:
sogood wrote:
ni78ck wrote:just to get the ball rolling, and claim being the fastest for a minute :wink:
27.8km/h
lets see how long my record will last :roll:

Give us the distance for one minute, not km/h! :P


thats the distance soooogoood! 27.8km (distance) in 1 (one) hour! :wink: . sorry for the confusement

But your post suggested that being the fastest [speed] for one minute. :P

PS. How do you like my thread hijacking skill? :lol: :lol: :lol:


ok, yes yes you got me! i said aq minute, knowing that many people would beat me very soon, but im still the champ after 20 minutes! feels good :lol:

Wow, 20mins is the magic number eg. 2x20 POWER training. You are indeed POWERFUL! 8)
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16929
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:23 pm

Oh No!!! Not another nested post competition :P

My best distance for an hour is "far enough" :wink:

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:30 pm

Can I include my 40 kilometer long alpine descent followed by nearly 10kms of flat.....or my hour record which had 40 minutes of 48kmph tractor pacing included :wink:
Image
User avatar
toolonglegs
 
Posts: 14355
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!

Postby Chaderotti » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:32 pm

You guys wait until I heal up!
I'll be blowing the sub 20km/h, hour records out of the water!
Chaderotti
 
Posts: 4357
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:09 pm
Location: Morley, WA

Postby Nobody » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:39 pm

I think my first ride after a couple of years off was 19.something Km/h. Couldn't even ride for an hour then.

Sorry Sogood, can't give you the conversion on that. Can't remember how long the ride was. :D
Nobody
 
Posts: 6635
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Sydney

Postby Matt_Matt » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:43 pm

So let me get this straight ..... is it who has made the most posts in an hour?


Matt
Image
User avatar
Matt_Matt
 
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Mornington VIC

Postby sogood » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:46 pm

Matt_Matt wrote:So let me get this straight ..... is it who has made the most posts in an hour?

You've been enlightened! :wink:
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16929
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:59 pm

Need to define the rules around it.

I've done 41k in an hour at Penrith Lakes Regatta Centre. However that was done with a fair bit of wheel sucking.
A helmet saved my life
User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 14785
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney

Postby Troy C » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:04 pm

I recently rode a 40km TT in Perth in 57:31
that is 41.8km/h average
Regards
Troy
User avatar
Troy C
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Canningvale WA

Postby sogood » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:19 pm

Troy C wrote:I recently rode a 40km TT in Perth in 57:31
that is 41.8km/h average

But you could have collapsed in a heap in the 58th minute. We need a full hour 60mins of effort here. So I don't think your result counts. ;)
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16929
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Postby Matt_Matt » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:27 pm

sogood wrote:
Troy C wrote:I recently rode a 40km TT in Perth in 57:31
that is 41.8km/h average

But you could have collapsed in a heap in the 58th minute. We need a full hour 60mins of effort here. So I don't think your result counts. ;)


Extrapolation rounds it down to 40km/h .....


Still impressive if you ask me :shock:
Image
User avatar
Matt_Matt
 
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Mornington VIC

Postby ni78ck » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:46 am

officially, am i still leading :roll: . all these 57 and 40 minute ride obviously would not qualify in this competition :lol:
Oppy Le Mauco - Dura Ace (wet weather bike)
Cervelo S5 VWD - dura ace Di2
User avatar
ni78ck
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Sydney

Postby JV911 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:53 am

mikesbytes wrote:Need to define the rules around it.

I've done 41k in an hour at Penrith Lakes Regatta Centre. However that was done with a fair bit of wheel sucking.


this is a TT thread so no wheel sucking

i wish we had TT's in sydney :(
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

User avatar
JV911
 
Posts: 5451
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby colafreak » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:04 am

Yeah, no wheelsucking I'm sorry. New thread for that.

Ni78ck is still the leader with Tony C getting an honourable mention :lol:
colafreak
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:37 pm

Postby ni78ck » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:15 pm

its been 24 hours and i cannot believe no one has surfaced to beat my mediocre distance :shock: . is it official yet :lol:
Oppy Le Mauco - Dura Ace (wet weather bike)
Cervelo S5 VWD - dura ace Di2
User avatar
ni78ck
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Sydney

Postby sogood » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:20 pm

Come to think of it, I have never done a full 60mins of effort in CP. Done plenty of 20min intervals though. Maybe it's time to try it and see how well I can pace myself. It should be around 8-9 laps.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16929
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Postby ni78ck » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:22 pm

i just fell short of 8 laps :oops:
Oppy Le Mauco - Dura Ace (wet weather bike)
Cervelo S5 VWD - dura ace Di2
User avatar
ni78ck
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Sydney

Postby leximack » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:52 pm

i had a quick look through my garmin stats for the last few weeks and found this one
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/1958160
Solo run down the M7 cycleway, not the most ideal place as it full of turns and pedestrians, walkers etc.
Its 2hrs 28mins at more than 30km/h. If i was conecntrating on just 1hr i am sure this could be pumped up a bit.
With the footpath racers this has been as high as 33km/h for the same run.
Crit racing sees 37-38km/h for C grade for approx 1hr race.

Don
User avatar
leximack
 
Posts: 3288
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:14 pm

Postby ni78ck » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:36 pm

leximack wrote:i had a quick look through my garmin stats for the last few weeks and found this one
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/1958160
Solo run down the M7 cycleway, not the most ideal place as it full of turns and pedestrians, walkers etc.
Its 2hrs 28mins at more than 30km/h. If i was conecntrating on just 1hr i am sure this could be pumped up a bit.
With the footpath racers this has been as high as 33km/h for the same run.
Crit racing sees 37-38km/h for C grade for approx 1hr race.

Don


sorry leximack 2.5 hours is not the comp here! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oppy Le Mauco - Dura Ace (wet weather bike)
Cervelo S5 VWD - dura ace Di2
User avatar
ni78ck
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Sydney

Next

Return to Time Trial

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit