new or used bike?

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:29 pm

Mulger bill wrote:It seems you really can't pull the tape tight enough.
That's the secret :D

Richard

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:55 am

All done and happy (98%) with the job done.

Did a 75km ride on Sunday and the difference was huge :D

Verry happy with the result

europa

Postby europa » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:20 pm

MichaelB wrote:All done and happy (98%) with the job done.
You can come and do mine then :D

Richard

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:52 pm

europa wrote:
MichaelB wrote:All done and happy (98%) with the job done.
You can come and do mine then :D

Richard
Depends if your 98% is the same as mine ........

Wanta-bike

Postby Wanta-bike » Tue May 08, 2007 10:25 pm

hey guys! cheers for hi-jackin me thread! :lol: hehe, its all good!

anywho, just thought i'd let you fine fellows(ettes) that after much searchin and test ridin and trekkin all over melb for a damn roadie, finally decided on....<drum roll>....

an azzurri carbon frame with ultegra stuff! hehe, the funniest thing is after all the leg work done across melb, ended up gettin it from kathy watt cycling just around the corner in black rock (melb, vic)!

from the factory, the frame has red highlight bits ("primo", but i REALLY disliked the red, so got them to order in the "blue" frame ("forza"). once i get it, i'll post up sum pics b4 its virgin ride 8)

here's a link to the bike in red: http://www.azzurribikes.com/azzurri_primo.htm

and here it is in the blue: http://www.azzurribikes.com/azzurri_forza.htm

cheers everyone for ya help

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue May 08, 2007 10:31 pm

Sounds yummy Gettina-Bike-Soon, you had a blast on the test ride, yes?

Now's the time to be thinking accessories :wink:

Shaun

Bnej

Postby Bnej » Tue May 08, 2007 10:37 pm

Looks a little bit Trek Madone on the seat tube.

Think you'll have a lot of fun. Don't drop it! ;)

Wanta-bike

Postby Wanta-bike » Tue May 08, 2007 10:39 pm

yeah the ride was sweet as! soooo much smoother than me mtb with slicks! :D

was gonna get a gaint ocr carbon rig, but found the ride/frame not as "nice" as the azzurri's

from just "test ridin", found that the roadies are much more responsive and "twitchy" on the front.... plus the obvious: LIGHTER by what feels like 10kgs! :lol:

the shop has ordered the frame and so hopefully should get it in about a week or so

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue May 08, 2007 10:48 pm

Thanks for the links Gettina-Bike-Soon, that's one pretty piece of carbon you're getting there :)

Shaun

Wanta-bike

Postby Wanta-bike » Tue May 08, 2007 10:52 pm

hehe, no worries

i'm gonna have to change me name to that, "Gettina-bike-soon"; then "now-gotta-bike" in hopefully no more than 2 weeks!

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Wed May 09, 2007 7:28 am

I hope that your bike works out well - I'm a bit Azzurri-biased (except when it comes to diving in the World Cup). Are you going to call it a 'Priza' or a 'Formo'? Personally, I think that the red looks great.
Kathy Watt has been a bit of a hero of mine for years - admittedly not for her public persona, but for what (pardon the pun) she has achieved. Did you get to see her? I watched her ride a Tour de Femme here years ago and I couldn't believe that you could get that much intensity into such a small person.

stryker84

Postby stryker84 » Wed May 09, 2007 7:32 am

i actually definitely love the red/black highlights as well... anyway, congrats on your new bike, enjoy!

Jon is dreaming of one of them nice carbon roadies now (or a steel tourer!)... but it's ok Sandy, I still love you... sorry, my flat bar is getting jealous...

Wanta-bike

Postby Wanta-bike » Wed May 09, 2007 11:18 pm

cheers guys for the positive feedback - makes me feel better about buyin it as i've been in two minds as to save the dosh, or spend it.... go figure! :lol:

don't get me wrong, the red/black looks hot as - esp in the flesh. blue is just me favourite colour. if they couldn't get the frame in the blue, i was gonna think about it for a "bit" longer, but then when they Carey (from kathy watt cycling) called me up sayin he could get it in blue with the ultegra gear, i was like "order it in captain!"

LuckyPierre: azzurri-biased in a good way or bad way? :? haven't come to a decision on a name yet, i'll wait until i get it!

stryker84: you're right, every nite i have a wet dream about it.... :lol:

Bnej: hehe, yeah i rekon for a good few months i'll be quite delicate with it! (if i'm not ridin it that is!)

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Thu May 10, 2007 7:37 am

Oops, sorry - positive. :)
I was going to get the first 2007 Primo to arrive in Canberra, but because of some delays, I finished up starting on my project bike instead.
If blue is your favourite colur, then you've done well - it's just that red bikes go faster! :wink: I suspect that the shop now has two happy customers. One (you) with a blue Ultegra bike and some-one else with a red DuraAce bike. Sensible thinking on their (and your) part.

Wanta-bike

Postby Wanta-bike » Fri May 25, 2007 11:27 pm

alrighty guys!

its been a while coming, and it finally came - picked up me band-spanking-new roadie this week on tuesday! :D

went to the store "after hours" to get fitted to the bike. as it turns out, there's more to fitting a person to a bike than meets the eye. did all sorts of measurements like shoe size, arm and leg lengths, some hand size grip thingy, some weird floor to chin/neck measurement, and some kneel-on-funky-stool measurement....

anywho, ended up swappin the 175mm cranks for a shorter 170mm; and an 80mm stem instead of 100mm.

roadies feel SOOOO different to mtbs! i rekon me main adjustment is to remember that the brakes and levers are further up the bike - as opposed to just being on the "flat" part - u know what i mean!

anywho, road to work yesterday and 2day, i think i've shaved about 10mins of ridin time (~25kms to work; 50km round trip; ~100kms so far....)

hehe, went a little bit crazy on torpedo7 the other nite: ordered 2 carbon fibre bottle cages (to keep in fashion of the carbon fibre bike of course!), computer/speedo and rear light. was thinkin i should get some "proper" knicks; as the ones i'm using are those "baggy" bike shorts....

so far, absolutely LOVING the purchase and makes ridin on the road much more enjoyable (and smoother and faster! :wink: )

cheers guys for all ya help and info, anyone wanna g ridin this sunday round beach rd? :wink: :lol:

europa

Postby europa » Fri May 25, 2007 11:30 pm

Dammit, another one lost to the dark side :(

Richard

enjoy the ride mate, we all do :twisted:

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Fri May 25, 2007 11:38 pm

YAY!! Betta change that name Gotta-great-bike!!
Wanta-bike wrote:ordered 2 carbon fibre bottle cages (to keep in fashion of the carbon fibre bike of course!)
You are starting to sound like me though...this may panic the more steel oriented members of the forum :wink: not to mention those who know me :shock:

But if you are going to do something, you may as well do it properly :)

Welcome to the road bike brigade...you carbon convert you :D Glad you are pleased with your purchase - it is so hard to know if it is the right decision when the order goes in, but in your case it was - well done.

Moo...

Wanta-bike

Postby Wanta-bike » Fri May 25, 2007 11:40 pm

LOL, don't worry, haven't completely gone to "the dark side"; i still have me mtb!

tho its in a few pieces atm, as it pretty much needs a full rebuild :cry: - for some reason i tend to crash more than the average person should on me mtb... :? LOL, had to borrow a mates front wheel for last sunday's "chase the sun" event at lysterfield park, as i crashed at thurs nite dirt crits in melb.... :oops:

anywho, will prob be givin the credit card ANOTHER floggin on torpedo7, gettin new shifters, wheelset, drivetrain.... actually when i think about it, i really should just buy a complete new mtb :shock:

anywho, its kinda fittin that i get me roadie just as me mtb carks it!

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri May 25, 2007 11:47 pm

Way to got there Gotta Bike :D

Just remember tho', fancy skinny carbon or not. YOU IS a MTBer who has a roadie for stuffin about on. :twisted: MTBers ride baggy :wink:

I'd love to hit Beach Rd with ya, but I'm working :(

Have a high speed blast mate.

Shaun

Wanta-bike

Postby Wanta-bike » Sat May 26, 2007 12:07 am

hehe, me mates who i usually ride/race with are all mtb'ers, so i daresay they won't let me forget me "roots" in a hurry....