Lance Armstrong's test results posted online

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:33 pm

Tale makes a good point, he is doing enormous things in the fight against cancer. That's not a good thing that's a GREAT thing in my book.

Regarding the other dilemma, how could we not ask questions :? as TLL pointed out he rode with riders that have since been busted. Are we to believe that in the team that Lance built, the team totally dedicated to everything Lance, that he had know idea what was going on inside his own team.

I think it was also the manner in which he beat guys that have since been exposed, it wasn't close. Only 03 provided anything like competition. They're on the gear, he's not, he wins by +mins, people understandibly wonder. Maybe he's just a freak.

Also he doesn't distance himself from those that have tested positive e.g Floyd, Tyler who rode for him. They're friends I guess, but if you're so anti doping you might be a little outraged that they would try and cheat you and the other clean guys out there.

Good point about Jan Richard, never tested positive but he's now seen as a cheat.

Martin I think that point 2 in your argument is answered in point 3, he wasn't training to win flat stages or one day events, he was soley focussed on the Tour. The other races he entered were just part of his prep, match fitness if you like. Before he got sick he had won flatter stages of the tour and the WC's.

Having said all that I'm in the same boat as all of you, I have no idea either way.
FPR Ragamuffin

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:08 am

Andrew

Tale

Postby Tale » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:17 am

He forgot his sunnies.
Fuji Roubaix RC 2009 - Trek 520 1998 - Touring videos - Commute

der Ungar

Postby der Ungar » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:16 pm

He may or may not have been a doper, he may or may not be one this time around...chances are, we'll never definitively know.

So, until someone proves otherwise, I'm happy to admire the guy's incredible record and respect what he's currently doing to fight cancer.

And enjoy what promises to be a fascinating year of racing on the Pro Tour in 2009!

Cheers...Michael
I might be paranoid, but it doesn't mean that people aren't out to get me.
08 Orbea Dauphine

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:10 pm

G'day

On the subject of Lance, Channel 7, Sunday Night program had a feel good segment on him tonight. Might be on their website if anyone is interested.

Regards
Andrew

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:16 pm

I didn't catch in on telly, but it's on the web here if you're interested. It defaults to a different report but you can select the Lance report from the thumbnails below the main screen.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:52 pm

With all skeptics still spewing vial about LA being doped during his wins throughout his 7 TdF wins. Will his TT results and climbing throughout the 09 Tour be under scrutiny? If so will they compare his times against the old times. If they aren't as good they could say "this shows he was on dope when he set this time etc etc" Or if he breaks his old TT times or climbs up the Alps then they will again speculate hes doped whatever his results online are. To those who dont beleive will forver be skeptical.

kukamunga

Postby kukamunga » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:40 pm

RICHARDH

Postby RICHARDH » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:45 pm

My biggest question mark with Lance is his relationship with Dr. Ferrari. You can look at circumstantial evidence and say well theres nothing concrete there but Dr Ferrari is a known doping doctor and Lance had almost exclusive access to him and in my mind that raises a serious question mark all the test in the world dont prove he didnt dope. The only thing a test can do is prove that you have doped.
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works (Douglas Adams)

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:55 pm

RICHARDH wrote:My biggest question mark with Lance is his relationship with Dr. Ferrari. You can look at circumstantial evidence and say well theres nothing concrete there but Dr Ferrari is a known doping doctor and Lance had almost exclusive access to him and in my mind that raises a serious question mark all the test in the world dont prove he didnt dope. The only thing a test can do is prove that you have doped.
But, is he also a sports physician who has adviced other on non-dope related issues? I don't know, but innocent until proven otherwise will have to be applied here. Further, if LA didn't cheat, then the way people witch hunted is close to a crime by itself.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:49 pm

:D