Riding style

sogood

Riding style

Postby sogood » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:09 am

Does anyone have any comments on riding style during steady pace work?

Just by observation, there seemed to be a variety of riding styles when it comes to steady pace work. Some bob up and down like a pigeon as they move along while others may sway left and right a bit, and then some would stay rock steady with their upper body, allowing the legs to do all the work.

By 1st principle, one would think that all that upper body movements are just wasting energy but it seemed to work for some.

So the question is, has there been any studies done in this area? Looking at some of the pros in their TT tuck, most of them don't seem to bob up and down. Yet again, with their elbows stuck, they can't exactly move up and down.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

vanilla

Postby vanilla » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:20 pm

I know its not track work but I was thinking about the same thing on this mornings ride so forgive me for hijacking sogood (how do you move those little emoty thingys?).
On hill climbs i noticed i keep my upper body rigid until fatigue starts to set in and the upper body gradually gets more involved.
The burning question i have is should i try and regulate my breathing by drawing in deep or just follow the body's natural desire to pant?
Would appreciate it if someone could help out- I'm doing a lot of hill work

sogood

Postby sogood » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:16 pm

vanilla wrote:I know its not track work but I was thinking about the same thing on this mornings ride so forgive me for hijacking sogood (how do you move those little emoty thingys?).
"Little emoty things"? I am lost. :roll:

vanilla

Postby vanilla » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:22 pm

sorry, those little faces u just used.

sogood

Postby sogood » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:54 pm

vanilla wrote:sorry, those little faces u just used.
Emoticons. The choice of emoticons are available to the left of your reply box. Just click the chosen one and a little code will be automatically inserted in your reply.

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:50 pm

sogood wrote:
vanilla wrote:sorry, those little faces u just used.
Emoticons. The choice of emoticons are available to the left of your reply box. Just click the chosen one and a little code will be automatically inserted in your reply.
except that it doesn't "insert" them.
It places them at the end of the text. then you have to cut and paste them if you want to put one into previously typed text.
that's what he was sayin'