Spinergy wheels

Gishalo

Spinergy wheels

Postby Gishalo » Thu May 31, 2007 3:27 pm

I have been looking at a set of spinergy wheels. Does anyone know anything about them. Or where there might be a review on the stealth PBO wheel set. Thanks

wndrdr1111

Postby wndrdr1111 » Thu May 31, 2007 3:31 pm

I have been looking at those wheels too. Have a look at:
http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/wheel ... 90crx.aspx

The reviews seem quite good.

Cheers,
Tom

Gishalo

Postby Gishalo » Thu May 31, 2007 4:09 pm

Thanks.
They seem to be pretty cheap at torpedo 7. But after a bit of research that seems to be the market price. Cant find any where selling them for the retail price of over $2500.

wndrdr1111

Postby wndrdr1111 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:55 am

I was considering buying them from torpedo7 too. From the reviews it seems like they are a pretty good wheel. And $1000 is not a fortune.

But I think I will hold off for now. It's winter here in Melbourne and I have cut down my riding to around 100kms a week. Besides, my current wheels are doing a good job and I am very happy with them. Come next summer though those wheels will definitely be an option for me. I think they will look sweet on my Soloist :D

Cheers,
Tom

Gishalo

Postby Gishalo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:12 pm

Boy, yesterday I was going to buy these wheels for sure. But after looking around I just dont know.

Seems Spinergy screwed up a bit with a few sets of wheels snd the backup service was ordinary. But all reveiws on these wheels are pretty good. They could be trying to buy there way back into the market, wich could mean these are a super buy.

But I am not convinced yet, and the old saying if something is to good to be true then it probably is, has come into play. Will wait and watch with interest for now.

James Sladden

Postby James Sladden » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:24 pm

I toyed with buying PBO's about 3 years ago - did a fair about of research - seemed that Spinergy had moved their factories to Mexico and quailty took an enormous dive - that was enough for me to hold off - perhaps they've addressed this now - don't reckon you can go past Mavics - from probikekit